Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 04:54 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
You are admitting its a flawed system, and the one answer which is a playoff is "too much"? Except every other sport has a playoff. There is no valid argument against a playoff.

Look at those top 16 bcs rankings, there would be a handful of "upsets" in that group, this year and every year.
I've admitted it's flawed several times and needs changes. Does that mean it needs a complete overall, in my opinion? No. I have nothing against playoff supporters but I'm against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 04:55 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,186,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Boise State
Utah
Michigan State
Oregon
Auburn
TCU

are all undefeated right now. As it stands right now, they all deserve a shot at the NC. None of these teams play each other except Utah and TCU, so they could all finish undefeated. How do you decide who deserves a shot at the NC? Computer polls?
The computer takes into consideration WHO you beat.

Sorry, TCU and Boise State.

Beating cupcakes doesn't benefit those other schools so you have no right to expect it should benefit TCU and Boise State either.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:58 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,186,695 times
Maybe Boise State should develop their other sports so they would be more competitive in a conference.

Not many conferences looking for a 1 sport university.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:06 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,897,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
The computer takes into consideration WHO you beat.

Sorry, TCU and Boise State.

Beating cupcakes doesn't benefit those other schools so you have no right to expect it should benefit TCU and Boise State either.
Can't speak for Bosie State, but (for this season) I wouldn't call Baylor, Oregon State, Air Force, SDSU, and Utah "cupcakes".

Oregon State is pretty mediocre right now, but still....

Old 10-25-2010, 05:07 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,938 times
This thread is evidence that even if the BCS isn't great for college football, it's great for generating opinions and publicity.

(Mod note-so long as the opinions don't cross the line)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-25-2010 at 10:13 PM..

Old 10-25-2010, 05:11 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Maybe Boise State should develop their other sports so they would be more competitive in a conference.

Not many conferences looking for a 1 sport university.
(comments about the university is off topic in relation of the thread) Next thing you know, the University of Phoenix is going to want in the BCS Title game.

Fans of Pac10 schools are just sick of MMouseU because their insistance they should be allowed in the conference...when they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it. It would hurt our image, big time.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-25-2010 at 09:08 PM..

Old 10-25-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Can't speak for Bosie State, but (for this season) I wouldn't call Baylor, Oregon State, Air Force, SDSU, and Utah "cupcakes".

Oregon State is pretty mediocre right now, but still....
Those are better than Florida, Arkansas, South Carolina, LSU and Auburn?

If Bama has 1 loss and TCU has 0 losses I'd easily take Bama. I'm sorry, I like TCU but Bama deserves to get back in if they run the table...and if 2 of the 3 of Mizzou/Oregon/MSU aren't undefeated.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:42 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,897,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Those are better than Florida, Arkansas, South Carolina, LSU and Auburn?

If Bama has 1 loss and TCU has 0 losses I'd easily take Bama. I'm sorry, I like TCU but Bama deserves to get back in if they run the table...and if 2 of the 3 of Mizzou/Oregon/MSU aren't undefeated.

Didn't say they were better. Just said they weren't cupcakes. And you don't have to take them. That may just happen anyway....

Old 10-25-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Didn't say they were better. Just said they weren't cupcakes. And you don't have to take them. That may just happen anyway....
If Bama wins out and can't jump TCU then BCS is a joke and the AQC should take their money and leave.

Outside of undefeated teams from the Pac10, BigXII or Big Ten...a 1 loss team from the SEC should automatically be put in the title game. It should be written into law.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:04 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
If Bama wins out and can't jump TCU then BCS is a joke and the AQC should take their money and leave.

Outside of undefeated teams from the Pac10, BigXII or Big Ten...a 1 loss team from the SEC should automatically be put in the title game. It should be written into law.
Trust me-- Alabama (ranked #7 currently) is the only one loss team that can win out and jump TCU and Boise State. But a lot of things will have to go their way...

1. Auburn will have to be ranked #1, and Alabama will have to beat them in the iron bowl
2. There can be only one undefeated AQ team left (that is who Alabama will play)
3. South Carolina will have to keep winning in the East, if they win the East division and don't lose any more games, they will probably be ranked #10 - #13. If Alabama can beat them in the SEC championship, they will easily jump undefeated Boise or TCU.

And honestly, if I was a betting man, that's how I'd bet this season will turn out: Alabama vs. Undefeated AQ Team (Oregon/Michigan State/Missouri)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football