Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 06:38 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times

Advertisements

I don't get why people hate Boise so much. Is it the blue field, the location, the "non-traditionalness" of the school? Why all the Boise have and no hate for schools like TCU or Utah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 06:48 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post

And honestly, if I was a betting man, that's how I'd bet this season will turn out: Alabama vs. Undefeated AQ Team (Oregon/Michigan State/Missouri)
I kind of think this is still Bama's National Title to lose.

However, I think I can see losses still for each team. Mizz in a rematch against OU. Michigan State at Iowa this Saturday. I don't know if the Ducks lose or not...I keep saying yes...knowing Pac10 history, but they are damn good.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Bama wipe the floor with TCU along the lines of 45-10 or something.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:08 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I kind of think this is still Bama's National Title to lose.

However, I think I can see losses still for each team. Mizz in a rematch against OU. Michigan State at Iowa this Saturday. I don't know if the Ducks lose or not...I keep saying yes...knowing Pac10 history, but they are damn good.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Bama wipe the floor with TCU along the lines of 45-10 or something.
I don't think Mizzou makes it through NU and round two with OU undefeated.

Sparty keeps suprising me but Iowa is a damn good team and will probably pull the upset this week. They're their own worst enemy and could easily have been undefeated at this point.

Oregon...I don't know. They're definitely one of the best teams but the rest of their season is no cakewalk.

Bama is in good positition but won't get the SEC title bounce like in previous years, however, the Iron Bowl should be good enough.

Should be a good end to the season.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I don't get why people hate Boise so much. Is it the blue field, the location, the "non-traditionalness" of the school? Why all the Boise have and no hate for schools like TCU or Utah?
Read through the "Boise State" thread. Most of the viewpoints are covered.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:14 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
They're America's sweethearts. They're gunna run the table and topple Goliath. The real haters are getting more vocal than ever because they are finally in a position to be in the championship game this year. The coaches and the harris poll voters have it right.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Read through the "Boise State" thread. Most of the viewpoints are covered.
I think the real reason people hate them is that their fans just seem like bandwaggoners. I was reading through a forum, about the SI article about them, and the arguments were just childish.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:20 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
This thread is evidence that even if the BCS isn't great for college football, it's great for generating opinions and publicity.
I'll concede that point. I like the idea of an 8 team playoff over 16. No team that finishes a season unbeaten should be deprived the opportunity to play for a national championship. Anyone who disagrees with this not only hates the game, but hates their own team, as there is no true champion.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I'll concede that point. I like the idea of an 8 team playoff over 16. No team that finishes a season unbeaten should be deprived the opportunity to play for a national championship. Anyone who disagrees with this not only hates the game, but hates their own team, as there is no true champion.
I think a plus one could eliminate the chance of any unbeatens but I wouldn't be totally opposed to an 8 team playoff if it was done right.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I think a plus one could eliminate the chance of any unbeatens but I wouldn't be totally opposed to an 8 team playoff if it was done right.

Conference championships are essentially a round of the playoffs. That is why we are seeing the push for the Super Power Conferences.

If just any unbeaten team got into a Title Game...why wouldn't Penn State leave the Big Ten and just join the MAC? (forgetting about the various, financial advantages of joining a conference.)

Old 10-25-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Conference championships are essentially a round of the playoffs. That is why we are seeing the push for the Super Power Conferences.

If just any unbeaten team got into a Title Game...why wouldn't Penn State leave the Big Ten and just join the MAC? (forgetting about the various, financial advantages of joining a conference.)
The financial advantages are tough to ignore. A 1/4 billion in additional research funding every decade is a nice incentive to be part of the BigX. But you're definitely right from a football standpoint and it'll be nice to have a Pac10 and BigX championship next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football