Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:33 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,953,663 times

Advertisements

Are you kidding me? They're playing HAWAII at home on that stupid blue turf and THIS is a big test? Good gosh, it's little wonder that anyone takes Boise State seriously.

No. 2 Boise State gets a test in Hawaii - College Football - Rivals.com (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-hawaii-boisest - broken link)

Old 11-06-2010, 09:35 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,128,501 times
Every week is a test for every team.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:19 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,683,628 times
Tool.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:39 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,436,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Are you kidding me? They're playing HAWAII at home on that stupid blue turf and THIS is a big test? Good gosh, it's little wonder that anyone takes Boise State seriously.

No. 2 Boise State gets a test in Hawaii - College Football - Rivals.com (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-hawaii-boisest - broken link)

Most true college football fans don't take Boise State seriously. They're in the middle of a seven game stretch now in which they play or have played.. New Mexico State, Toledo, San Jose State, Louisiana Tech, Hawaii and Idaho.

And we're supposed to be impressed when they beat up on these patsies?

Old 11-06-2010, 04:47 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,457,302 times
To be fair Hawaii were on a 7 game win streak against pretty much nobodies though, and I believe they were facing the QB with the most passing yards in the NCAA at the moment.

But once again they done what they needed to do, pounded them.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:17 PM

Another bash Boise State thread?

I thought the mod said he'd be banning you (edit) for continuing on this crusade.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-08-2010 at 05:00 PM..

Old 11-06-2010, 07:43 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,709,557 times
The media(ESPN) loves to talk about Boise State this year and there really isn't much to talk about post Va-Tech...so, we're stuck with hearing about the "tests" with Hawaii and Nevada. This is the same Hawaii team that an average USC team beat in Hawaii and was crushed by the media for not blowing them out. Nevada might be a good game, though. Those guys score some points.

TCU appears to have stolen the non-AQ thunder and it will stay that way after destroying an overrated Utah team. I really don't see BSU passing them at this point unless TCU ****s the bed. They probably both get their rightful spot in a BCS bowl (hopefully not against each other, again) but if all hell breaks lose, TCU is the non-AQ who gets the NC nod.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:11 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,457,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
The media(ESPN) loves to talk about Boise State this year and there really isn't much to talk about post Va-Tech...so, we're stuck with hearing about the "tests" with Hawaii and Nevada. This is the same Hawaii team that an average USC team beat in Hawaii and was crushed by the media for not blowing them out. Nevada might be a good game, though. Those guys score some points.

TCU appears to have stolen the non-AQ thunder and it will stay that way after destroying an overrated Utah team. I really don't see BSU passing them at this point unless TCU ****s the bed. They probably both get their rightful spot in a BCS bowl (hopefully not against each other, again) but if all hell breaks lose, TCU is the non-AQ who gets the NC nod.
I'm hoping Nevada can provide Boise State a challenge and hope they should be ranked within the top 20 if they continue to play like they did today. Give them something on the SOS that the rest of the WAC can't provide.

TCU has been impressive alright, wow just looking at TCU's remaining schedule can't believe there is so little college football left.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:13 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,709,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I'm hoping Nevada can provide Boise State a challenge and hope they should be ranked within the top 20 if they continue to play like they did today. Give them something on the SOS that the rest of the WAC can't provide.

TCU has been impressive alright, wow just looking at TCU's remaining schedule can't believe there is so little college football left.
I'm hoping the Nevada/BSU game is like today's Michigan/IL. game. Only a few weeks left to sort this mess out.

Who would of thought at the begining of the season that TCU is getting SOS help from Baylor? Weird season.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:28 PM

I still think Boise State is getting jobbed. We beat TCU last year and return a better team. We pull our starters at half-time; TCU doesn't. Va Tech > Baylor and Utah combined. Played Oregon State better. Played Wyoming better.

Every Boise hater needs to read this article about Coach Pete and doing it the right way:

Chris Petersen doesn't need statement wins to deliver Boise State's status - ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football