Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Oregon 40 54.05%
Auburn 34 45.95%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 08:25 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Yawn. Ohio State has 7 national titles. More Heismans than anyone else, and the second most wins of any program (Nebraska) in the last 45 years. 2 game winning streak in the Rose Bowl. Ohio State has as many big wins as anyone. (Don't tell anyone, but the last time OSU played an SEC team in the regular season OSU was unranked. LSU was ranked number 5. Ohio State won. But like I said, don't tell anyone. What would the neighbors think?)

You know what's sad. A grown man, which I assume you are, bragging about a few football games that you had nothing to do with. And then you have to root for 12 teams instead of one so you can be sure and have a winner. Living out your glory days through a bunch of teenagers in college. That's sad. HILARIOUSLY sad!!!
Hold on. Who's arguing on a message board? And yet you're accusing others of garnering self esteem from what a bunch of teenagers do? Seriously?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:49 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,187 times
Teams and conferences ebb and flow in the college game, we all know this. Just a few years ago, and for a several year stretch; the SEC was not in consideration for the BCS NC, Stoops was called "Big Game Bob", Tressel did not lose bowl games, USC was the highest paying team in the NCAA, Miami's only obstacle in the southeast was Florida State, and Louisville was the top non-AQ. To act like any team or conference is always on top is ridiculous and ignores history. **** changes and it will change again.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:05 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Stoops was called "Big Game Bob"
Now its just "Big12 Bob"

Four out of five aint bad. Right texas?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
After all, allegedly championship BCS teams such as Ohio State have boasted some pretty impressive statistics after mincing their way through football's equivalent of pillow fight, only to start pissing peach pits when they encountered a team that had, week in and week out, been through football's equivalent of murderers row.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:26 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Now its just "Big12 Bob"

Four out of five aint bad. Right texas?
Yeah whatever 45-35.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Yeah whatever 45-35.
four out of five.

seven out of twelve.

good luck next year against murderers row. LMAO.

I thought texas fan had already crawled back into his hole? Being that their season was over in November (Actually October. LOL) and they just lost more home games this year than "Big 12 Bob" has lost in the last 11 years! yowza!

45-35!! 45-35!!! save the scoreboard from 2 years ago for one of your fellow whorn fans. OU has the rings, 4 of the last 5.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 12-10-2010 at 09:58 PM..

Old 12-11-2010, 10:15 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
four out of five.

seven out of twelve.

good luck next year against murderers row. LMAO.

I thought texas fan had already crawled back into his hole? Being that their season was over in November (Actually October. LOL) and they just lost more home games this year than "Big 12 Bob" has lost in the last 11 years! yowza!

45-35!! 45-35!!! save the scoreboard from 2 years ago for one of your fellow whorn fans. OU has the rings, 4 of the last 5.
Yeah in 2008 OU didn't deserve to go to the NC game. Certainly proved that when they lost to Florida and embarrassed the big 12.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:23 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Interesting reading of the sheep entrails, one for which I have no time to respond. However, I'll point out a big problem with this statement:

"It’s easy. [We] Ran the plays faster. The Ducks have been known to run a play every 19 seconds (at times as fast as 13 against USC). The Ducks will have 5 weeks to execute the plays faster. Every big game we heard that tempo would not be an issue and every game the defense was gassed. Now, AU will have practiced against a fast offense all year. However, it still isn’t as fast as the Ducks. Plus, if Oregon is running effectively (especially the triple option), that DL will certainly be gassed as it is difficult on any DL (not just AU)."

Auburn's defense is actually far stronger in the 3rd and 4th quarter then in the 1st and 2nd, due to really good conditioning.
If you look at the scoring summary of Auburn games over the past season, you'll find that opposing team tended to do the bulk of their scoring in the first half of the game rather than the second. This is a trend that became pronounced in the latter part of the season. So I don't think the notion of wearing down Auburn's defense is a viable strategy.
That is a good point. However, you will note that Oregon's offense mirrors that same statement. Oregon's offense ramps it up in the second as well. The difference, and this is why I made that point, is that the Ducks run the plays faster than any of the SEC teams. This will certainly be a new thing for AU's defense to contend with. Now, if AU expects to win this game, they sure as heck cannot spot the Ducks too many points in the first or they will get straight blown out. I think what is lost when people look at the highlights of AU's games (and that is what many people are seeing) is the amount of points, many in the first half, Kentucky, Alabama, Clemson, Arkansas all left on the field. Oregon has an 84% success rate in the red zone. Auburn's defense gives up points at an 87.5% rate. So, if the Ducks get into AU's red zone regularly, warm up the scoreboard.

As mentioned in one of my points, Kelly has done a great job making those adjustments to ensure the Ducks continue to turn the screw in the second half. After watching more Auburn games, it appears to be a combination of poor 2nd half game plans (except UK), conditioning, as well as AU stepping it up rather than an utter dominate defensive scheme. So many teams seem to have gotten away from their game plan offensively. That is something Kelly has stated all year. We just continue to do what we do over and over until the other team is done. For all you track runners out there, it is akin to Steve Prefontaine, who would slowly ratchet up the pace, faster and faster until he ran everyone off the back. Certainly, AU has enough talent to shut us down, but I think we will be able to tweak things throughout the night to continue scoring.

Last edited by Acuda; 12-11-2010 at 11:24 AM..

Old 12-11-2010, 11:06 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Oregon 66 Auburn 6

Old 12-11-2010, 11:16 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
National titles, Heisman Trophy winner, NFL players, games won, and the list can go on and on.

Many Ohio State players have been named to some of the top players in college football history at their positions.

The jealous people had Ohio St because at one point they either defeated your team, won a Heisman against one of your players, had players picked ahead of your teams player in the NFL or something.

Ohio has and is extremely successful, you cannot argue with success and facts.

Whoever put Oregon 66 and Auburn 6, well, Cam Newton will be scoring 6 points before Oregons player figure out how to put on the ugliest uniform in college football.

I was hoping for a close game, now I hope Auburn beats Oregon badly like OHIO STATE did last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football