Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 07:59 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,650 times

Advertisements

Something is definitely rotten in Denmark!

Old 01-28-2012, 05:53 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Dynasty/Elite or not, it really doesn't matter, PSU is the largest money maker in the NCAA and has a great economic impact on the state, and although it has been discussed ad nauseum, the bottom line is $$$$$$, ~4.1billion, hence the reason for such adulation, mirrors the catholic church, an entire culture of pedophilia coverup.

Here is the lastest craze, even the Gov. is in on it, he orders flags flown half staff, what a effin joke!

Corbett's Half-Staff Flag Order For Paterno Sparks Debate (http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/politics/local_politics/Paterno_Half-Staff_Flags_Debate_Corbett_012612 - broken link)
Their athletic program does not make the most. They are in top 10 though.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:46 AM

955 posts, read 4,089,728 times
Another religious fanatic who refuses to let facts get in the way of an opinion.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:13 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtom45 View Post
Another religious fanatic who refuses to let facts get in the way of an opinion.
Religious fanatic? You're talking to someone who doesn't even go to church or actively practice a religion. If there's any religious fanatics here, its the blue-and-white Kool Aid drinking JoePa cult members.

Funny thing is, I'll bet you're not a PSU alumnus, student, or a college graduate for that matter. Not understanding why people like that get so worked up over a college sports program.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:40 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Then why did JoePa let Sandusky continue to hang around the program, and come on the sidelines with his 'guests'.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:33 AM

955 posts, read 4,089,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Funny thing is, I'll bet you're not a PSU alumnus, student, or a college graduate for that matter. Not understanding why people like that get so worked up over a college sports program.
Well, where do I start. Lets see, my older brother in law graduated from PSU, then went on to get his phd in biochemisrty. I have 3 younger brothers and sisters with PSU degrees. My daughter graduated with a PSU degree, then got her masters - she teaches high school chemistry. My son graduated with a PSU degree in chemical engineering - he works for Exxon. My son in law has a PSU degree in math and a masters in education, my daughter in law has a PSU degree as an actuarial (sp?). Oh yeah, I don't want to forget to mention that I have worked for PSU for the past 17 years - I'll be retiring this coming summer.

I have seen lots and lots of good things come from Penn State and I refuse to let people with an ax to grind ruin the reputation of a great institution.

Last edited by Rtom45; 02-06-2012 at 05:56 AM..

Old 02-06-2012, 05:19 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtom45 View Post
Well, where do I start. Lets see, my older brother in law graduated from PSU, then went on to get his phd in biochemisrty. I have 3 younger brothers and sisters with PSU degrees. My daughter graduated with a PSU degree, then got her masters - she teaches high school chemisrty. My son graduated with a PSU degree in chemical engineering - he works for Exxon. My son in law has a PSU degree in math and a masters in education, my daughter in law has a PSU degree as an actuarial (sp?). Oh yeah, I don't want to forget to mention that I have worked for PSU for the past 17 years - I'll be retiring this coming summer.

I have seen lots and lots of good things come from Penn State and I refuse to let people with an ax to grind ruin the reputation of a great institution.
You have the administration to blame for that.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
So if somehow Sandusky gets off, does the PSU program welcome him back? Maybe those yahoos belive he has whatever disorder it was.

I would think they would try to stay as far from him as possible.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
So if somehow Sandusky gets off, does the PSU program welcome him back? Maybe those yahoos belive he has whatever disorder it was.

I would think they would try to stay as far from him as possible.
There will be a Texas Ranger there to arrest him & serve him with extradition papers - for his rape of a boy in his San Antonio hotel room when Pedo State was playing in the Alamo Bowl.

The Texas jury will NOT be stacked with PSU grads & fans.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
I actually meant to lock this thread for good. It was opened for a while for comments on Joe Paterno's passing. The reason it was originally closed is as this became a crime issue, all comments carried over to the True Crime forum. There are a few threads in that forum that are plenty active regarding Sandusky and the trial.

I'm ok with comments here for now but will close it soon. If the verdict isn't in by Friday afternoon I'll keep this open for discussion until Monday. Something tells me it will be in tomorrow though. We'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football