Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2019, 09:27 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 19-4
overall: 176-109

Eastern Michigan vs. Northern Illinois. I'll take the Huskies in this MACtion matchup for Tuesday who need to win their final 2 straight to gain bowl eligibility. EMU sets up a winner stays alive, loser goes home against Kent State next Friday, assuming the Flashes beat Ball State at home this weekend which I think they should
Toledo vs. Buffalo. I'll split the 2 MAC midweek games and pick the road team for the Wednesday night game.
NC State vs. Georgia Tech. No idea here, I'll take Tech over NC State who is just really bad.
Illinois vs. (17) Iowa. Illinois has had a pretty good season, they'll probably lose this game but should get win #7 next weekend over Northwestern.
(8) Penn State vs. (2) Ohio State. I don't see this one being close at all, as I look for Ohio State to win by at least 2 touchdowns, maybe more.
UCF vs. Tulane. I'll take Tulane at home.
Louisiana Tech vs. UAB. A guess here.
(12) Michigan vs. Indiana. I'm not quite as sold on the Hoosiers as Southern Tiger is. Ever since they got blitzed by Wisconsin they have been a different team as even the loss at Penn Sate they were in it until the very end. This might be close for a while, but Mich wins.
Nebraska vs. Maryland. Somebody has to win, right??
Pittsburgh vs. Virginia Tech. I'll take the Hokies at home who have seemed to bounce back from that Duke disaster of a loss a while back.
(15) SMU vs. Navy. I'll take Navy at home in a close game.
Texas vs. (19) Baylor. The Atlanta Falcons still haven't yet recovered from 28-3 in the Super Bowl, let's see if the Bears can recover after 1 week. I'll take the Horns for my "upset of the week" special.
(24) Texas A&M vs. (5) Georgia. Another game that I don't really think will be that close, I'd be surprised if the Aggies keep this to within 2 touchdowns.

I'll get the rest in later on in the week.
UCLA vs. USC. USC's had a couple blowout road wins, and now watch them lose this one
Cal vs. Stanford. I'm going to pick Stanford. It very well could happen this year just like last year where Minnesota ended like a 14 or 15 year losing streak to the Badgers, until it actually happens I'm going to continue to pick the team that's been dominant in the series.
Purdue vs. (16) Wisconsin. I don't see Wisconsin having much of a problem here.
Syracuse vs. Louisville. Louisville seems to be playing better.
Troy vs. UL Lafayette. A guess here.
FIU vs. Miami. This will be FIU's championship game, but the Canes win late.
(3) Oregon vs. Arizona State. I think this will be close for a while, but Oregon is rolling, and AZ State has had a couple close losses.
Tennessee vs. Missouri. Tennessee is playing a lot better, I think they'll win this on the road.
TCU vs. (9) Oklahoma. TCU has beaten OK I think once since they joined the Big 12. Even with the OU defense allowing yards and points like they grow on trees, this TCU team isn't getting win #2.
Temple vs. (21) Cincinnati. Bearcats in a close one.
Oregon State vs. Washington State. I'll take the Coogs in the Paloose.
Washington vs. Colorado. I'll take the Huskies in a close game. How much will they want to play this game as this season has been a disappointment for them.
(22) Boise State vs. Utah State. I'll take the Broncos to stay in the race with the AAC teams (SMU, Memphis, Cincinnati) in the New Years Day bowl.
Nevada vs. Fresno State. Good late night game, I'll take the Bulldogs on home turf.
San Diego State vs. Hawaii. Another good late night matchup out on the Island. I've picked the Warriors and gotten burned the last couple of times, so let's pick the visitors this time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2019, 04:49 PM

1,149 posts, read 451,434 times
I just continue to be baffled by the "experts" fawning over Georgia. Yes, the defense up front is very, very good. Yes they have such fabulous NFL level talent. But often times I haven't seen that translate into a team I'm watching that looks like it should be in the CFP. Jake Fromm and the offense again are unimpressive. People are just automatically giving them a pass because they are in the SEC and the mindset has become to simply find that second most qualified SEC team because the conference schedule is so rigorous. Nothing beats the eye test and the eye test doesn't overall speak as highly of Georgia as some make them out to be.

Old 11-23-2019, 05:59 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Agreed. Fromm had another really bad day.

Old 11-23-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Agreed. Fromm had another really bad day.
Yet some NFL team will trade up and draft him well above and beyond where he should. Well, I can't really say Georgia doesn't belong in the playoff if they win out. They would have beaten LSU. But at least it is a "sink or swim" situation. If LSU beats them- which I think they will despite the location of the game, Georgia won't be in the playoff.

Old 11-23-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
One seismic upset tomorrow that will shake up the playoff picture. Take Arizona State tomprrow in Tempe to scorch the Ducks and quiet the Quack attack. You wont need the points.
This one definitely has got a chance after all the chalk holding up all day to this point. ASU looking good.

Old 11-23-2019, 09:04 PM

939 posts, read 505,671 times
Quote:
One seismic upset tomorrow that will shake up the playoff picture. Take Arizona State tomprrow in Tempe to scorch the Ducks and quiet the Quack attack. You wont need the points.
Hope you kids all got rich tonight

Old 11-23-2019, 09:31 PM

17,576 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Hope you kids all got rich tonight

Good call, but I wouldn't call that massively shocking. A surprise, certainly, tho, and takes some stones to come out and call it publically.

This.. Certainly throws things into a tizzy, tho.

Saban has to be sitting back like the emperor going "Good... Good". I don't see a 2 loss Georgia getting in. So, let's say LSU, Ohio State and Clemson all finish undefeated.

Who gets 4?

I can't see a 2 loss team getting it over a 1 loss conference champion. If Utah beats Oregon.. They get it. Assuming they win tonight, and they're looking OK now.

Oklahoma, assuming they win out... Though, they didn't look great today.

And, at that point, a one loss, non-conference champion Alabama has to be in the conversation. Their big win would be over a 7-4 Auburn.

Personally, I think Utah and OK have to lose, or look pretty bad for Alabama to get in over them as conference champions.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:15 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,009 times
…..and Oregon delivers their yearly "lay an egg" special. Sorry ESPN.

Old 11-24-2019, 03:40 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,055 times
Ended up 15-13 on picks after most of my nighttime ones fell apart. Could have been worse, though...here's my top 25 going into Rivalry Week.

#1: Ohio State (11-0) +1
#2: LSU (11-0) -1
#3: Clemson (11-0) +1
#4: Georgia (10-1) +1
#5: Utah (10-1) +2
#6: Alabama (10-1)
#7: Oklahoma (10-1) +2
#8: Minnesota (10-1) +2
#9: Oregon (9-2) -6
#10: Memphis (10-1) +1
#11: Penn State (9-2) -3
#12: Michigan (9-2)
#13: Florida (9-2)
#14: Notre Dame (9-2)
#15: Wisconsin (9-2) +1
#16: Iowa (8-3) +1
#17: Appalachian State (10-1) +1
#18: Baylor (10-1) +1
#19: Navy (8-2) NEW
#20: Auburn (8-3)
#21: Boise State (10-1) +1
#22: Cincinnati (10-1) -1
#23: SMU (9-2) -8
#24: Air Force (9-2) -1
#25: Virginia (8-3) NEW

Honorable Mentions

Oklahoma State (8-3)
Virginia Tech (8-3)
Florida Atlantic (8-3)
UL Lafayette (9-2)
USC (8-4)
Texas A&M (7-4)

Old 11-24-2019, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Good call, but I wouldn't call that massively shocking. A surprise, certainly, tho, and takes some stones to come out and call it publically.

This.. Certainly throws things into a tizzy, tho.

Saban has to be sitting back like the emperor going "Good... Good". I don't see a 2 loss Georgia getting in. So, let's say LSU, Ohio State and Clemson all finish undefeated.

Who gets 4?

I can't see a 2 loss team getting it over a 1 loss conference champion. If Utah beats Oregon.. They get it. Assuming they win tonight, and they're looking OK now.

Oklahoma, assuming they win out... Though, they didn't look great today.

And, at that point, a one loss, non-conference champion Alabama has to be in the conversation. Their big win would be over a 7-4 Auburn.

Personally, I think Utah and OK have to lose, or look pretty bad for Alabama to get in over them as conference champions.
-He/she did pick Ohio State to lost to Purdue as well last season.
-It would seem five teams with four having gaping holes in their resumes are in contention for that fourth spot. Minnesota wins out, they are easily the fourth choice and the Big 10 has two in the field; no argument if nothing else earth shattering happens to other teams. And of course, Ohio Srate must beat Michigan.

-The other 4: Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Utah
If Oklahoma gets in though, that's even worse than Georgia's inclusion. The eye test alone should tell people that. Baylor is OU's best win? Wasn't almost everyone in turn before OU and Baylor met, labeling Baylor a fraud?

Obviously Utah doesn't have an impressive win on its resume and now beating Oregon would be diminished in significance. They didn't play very well vs Southern Cal., but losing at USC is better than losing to Kansas State, and particularly, at home to South Carolina. The eye test suggests to me that Utah is better than Georgia or Oklahoma. Are they unequivocally better, a criteria cited by the committee a couple of years ago? It shouldn't matter with Georgia because its all or nothing vs LSU.

I think Utah is clearly better than Oklahoma and when the season is completed and if each wins out, I fail to see beating Baylor twice as a means to substantiate Oklahoma's inclusion ahead of Utah's. At least with Georgia, naysayers can point to Georgia's best wins clearly being better than anyone Utah has played. Utah though deserves the latitude of the "weak schedule" argument every bit as much as it was afforded to Alabama in the past, as well as this year it seems.

Speaking of, at the end of the day, Alabama I don't see making it in, even if it beats Auburn. All the aforementioned teams must lose.

Last edited by caj727; 11-24-2019 at 04:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football