Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 07:58 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut21 View Post
Oregon beat the 18th ranked team and put up 31 points. How did you do today? 13 points, WOW impressive. Okay your right Florida is very good, I mean you guys should handle cream puffs like UCLA pretty easily. Oh wait, nope.

Remind me again who did you play in your bowl game last year?
UCLA has a very solid defense, unlike anything Oregon has witnessed this year, as does UF. We have no offense, as I've said. But neither does Oregon, so acting like that 3rd rate program is going to beat us next year based on that is laughable.

No bowl is about as good as the recent string of postseason games for the Ducks.

Shoot me in the face if I ever have to hold up a victory vs a Mountain West or WAC team as anything other than a win.

Remind me again of Brown's record vs Stoops? And who has more conference titles?

Last edited by VolDude; 09-19-2009 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersnut21 View Post
i'm not a florida fan by any means, that said i can't wait til they hang 70 on you this year. Maybe then it will shut the annoying vol fans up, who am i kidding nothing will.
lol.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the 'AA to place the Vols on probation, as you so brilliantly predicted.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:02 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
So I went to the NCSU game tonight. We won, as expected, it was against Gardner-Webb, and for those of you who don't know where that is, it's located not far from Asheville, NC.

Anyways, Russell Wilson broke the NCAA record for consecutive pass attempts w/out an interception tonight and got a great Standing Ovation when it was announced he had broken it. He still seems to have lost a step due to his knee injury against Rutgers last year, but looked sharp tonight. Congrats #16!!

Good for Washington to beat USC today, that's got to make the Huskie fans excited for the future. Almost no defense in the UGA-Alabama game, and Texas just holding on against Texas Tech. And Wow @Florida State whipping BYU on the road, could we see a dominace in the 'Noles again?

Update: Texas two TD lead w/ about 9 to go.

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 09-19-2009 at 09:18 PM..

Old 09-19-2009, 09:49 PM

59 posts, read 44,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
lol.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the 'AA to place the Vols on probation, as you so brilliantly predicted.

Wow happy with a loss, good for you wait to aim high

Quote:
UCLA has a very solid defense, unlike anything Oregon has witnessed this year, as does UF. We have no offense, as I've said. But neither does Oregon, so acting like that 3rd rate program is going to beat us next year based on that is laughable.

No bowl is about as good as the recent string of postseason games for the Ducks.

Shoot me in the face if I ever have to hold up a victory vs a Mountain West or WAC team as anything other than a win.

Remind me again of Brown's record vs Stoops? And who has more conference titles?
Don't really know how Texas and OU have anything to do with your programs mediocrity. Wait mediocrity doesn't fit, I think I will go with garbage.

Whats even funnier is the line No bowl is better than going to a bowl and winning. Hey there's Tennessee logic for you.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:51 PM

59 posts, read 44,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Good for Washington to beat USC today, that's got to make the Huskie fans excited for the future. Almost no defense in the UGA-Alabama game, and Texas just holding on against Texas Tech. And Wow @Florida State whipping BYU on the road, could we see a dominace in the 'Noles again?

Update: Texas two TD lead w/ about 9 to go.

A couple of BCS buster went down today.

It should be interesting to see when the polls come out where they rank Miami.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:25 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,865 times
Big East had a quite but successful day, beating good Navy, Beaver and Baylor teams. The Orange got their first win against N'Western, a good morale booster. Would have been awesome only if....

The Mountaineers didn't waffle, they should have won that game.

Minn put up a good fight with that Cal win and EXCELLENT upset by the W. All that plus VTech making the clutch win against Big Red made my day, offsetting the fact that my two flagships, Maryland and Virgnia are TERRIBLE.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut21 View Post
Wow happy with a loss, good for you wait to aim high

Don't really know how Texas and OU have anything to do with your programs mediocrity. Wait mediocrity doesn't fit, I think I will go with garbage.

Whats even funnier is the line No bowl is better than going to a bowl and winning. Hey there's Tennessee logic for you.
Oh, you're not smart.

Considering your previous analysis, prognostication, and general thoughts on CFB, I consider you calling the real UT garbage a complement of the highest order.

I guess OU/Texsux has as much to do with anything as the Phil Fulmer regiment does Lane Kiffin.

If you ever decide to conquer basic 2nd grade level grammar, also look up "hyperbole" while you're at it.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:36 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times
Quote:
You certainly think Oregon is somehow better than UT, which is hilarious.

A Duck fan talking smack on anyone's offense may be the height of pure comedy.

Yeah, 'cause Holiday, Sun, and Las Vegas Bowls are so impressive.
Yeah, our offense is having issues. But, our running back, freshamn rb, had 157 yards rushing today. How many yards does your boy Bryce have? Has a Vol rb had that many in the last 5 years? A Volunteer fan trying to call out anothers offense is the epitome of amatuerism.

Check some stats from the last few years dude. You will notice that the Ducks are indeed superior offensively in every category.

Oregon is a better program right now. We have been ranked in the Top 10 in the last decade, had top 10 offenses the last 3 years, have had 10 win seasons in the last 5 years and played in a BCS bowl in the last 10 years as well. Waht have you guys done with all those great recruiting classes recently...nothing (beating a bad A&M team ain't smack).

Dude, I'm done. We'll talk next year when we roll into town and beat y'all down. If our LaMicheal James can run for 157 yards I suspect he'll put up 200 against UT.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, our offense is having issues. But, our running back, freshamn rb, had 157 yards rushing today. How many yards does your boy Bryce have? Has a Vol rb had that many in the last 5 years? A Volunteer fan trying to call out anothers offense is the epitome of amatuerism.

Check some stats from the last few years dude. You will notice that the Ducks are indeed superior offensively in every category.

Oregon is a better program right now. We have been ranked in the Top 10 in the last decade, had top 10 offenses the last 3 years, have had 10 win seasons in the last 5 years and played in a BCS bowl in the last 10 years as well. Waht have you guys done with all those great recruiting classes recently...nothing (beating a bad A&M team ain't smack).

Dude, I'm done. We'll talk next year when we roll into town and beat y'all down. If our LaMicheal James can run for 157 yards I suspect he'll put up 200 against UT.
Why ask about one of our backup RBs?

You play in the Pac 10. We play in the SEC. Enough said.

Championships are what matters. You've won as many conference titles as we have in the last 10 years - zero.

Yeah, our defense is comparable to mighty Utes. Get off the sauce and hit up rehab. Either that or get a clue.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times
Quote:

Load the gun, because y'all lost to Wyoming last year...

Damn, keep drinking the sauce bro. Here's a little reminder where your program is now

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...BQ&feature=fvw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football