Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 10:37 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,022,641 times

Advertisements

The PAC 10 is a much better conference all around, not quite SEC level but not far away from them in the least. More competitive and not USC top heavy.

USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford and Cal (rough order in terms of strength). All talented teams and all had varying degrees of success.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 10:41 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Oregon really surprised me since the Boise St. game. They definitely are good and the Pac10 maybe isn't as week as people thought.
Uneducated and biased people may think they are weak, but I don't think anyone who is fair and knowledgeable about college football would consider them weak. The Pac-10 has a high winning percentage, they play tough OOC games as well as every conference team year in and year out, and has put numerous players in the NFL. So, tell me, why exactly do you consider them weak?

Old 12-03-2009, 10:52 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
came within 10 points on my guess.

tOSU has their hands full. Rose Bowl is going to be good this year.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:55 PM

The Civil War was exactly that, a war. I'm so glad the Ducks came through with the win. The match-up with Ohio State should be interesting, but I do feel we will be able to exploit their vastly overrated defense. The Rose Bowl should be another example of the tortoise (OSU) vs. the hare (Oregon offense)with the tortoise getting run over by the bull (LeGarrette Blount).

Go Ducks!!!

The Rose Bowl is nice. It's no Chick-Fil-A, but it will do.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:15 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I do feel we will be able to exploit their vastly overrated defense.
Their defense is not overrated. It's kind of good.

They hold you under 24.

IMSO of course.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:34 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Uneducated and biased people may think they are weak, but I don't think anyone who is fair and knowledgeable about college football would consider them weak. The Pac-10 has a high winning percentage, they play tough OOC games as well as every conference team year in and year out, and has put numerous players in the NFL. So, tell me, why exactly do you consider them weak?
You may want to re-read my post. I said they may not be as weak as people thought. (i.e. some of the media critizism they recieved mid-season)

Further, I don't see much of a correlation between the opinion of an educated person versus an uneducated person in this instance. just sayin'

Old 12-04-2009, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
You may want to re-read my post. I said they may not be as weak as people thought. (i.e. some of the media critizism they recieved mid-season)

Further, I don't see much of a correlation between the opinion of an educated person versus an uneducated person in this instance. just sayin'
In terms of their knowledge of football...like I said in my post.

"I don't think anyone who is fair and knowledgeable about football..."

Old 12-04-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Their defense is not overrated. It's kind of good.

They hold you under 24.

IMSO of course.
Much like they held Navy and Purdue under 24? I think we top that with little problem. Heck, SC scored what 18 (and that is the best they played all season)?

Old 12-04-2009, 05:31 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Much like they held Navy and Purdue under 24? I think we top that with little problem. Heck, SC scored what 18 (and that is the best they played all season)?
Heck; had Purdue not handed the Ducks a couple of touchdowns; they could have won that game going away.

To think; the Rose Bowl will feature a team that Purdue pretty much dominated; and another team that we gave away the game to them.

Ahhh, BOILER UP!!

Old 12-04-2009, 07:42 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
The Rose Bowl is always such a snoozer (exception obv was when the "Rose Bowl" was actually the national title game in 06). I am just hoping for a close game this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football