Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:51 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
He seemed to have handled losing just fine until that dude came up to him(with a smile) and hit his pads while apparently talking trash...you dont do that and you especially dont do that to a kid who has shown signs in the past of being UNSTABLE
So you sympathize with wife beaters too? I mean that chick talking all that **** deserves it, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 06:54 PM

351 posts, read 533,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
You don't run your mouth so much like that either all week. It shouldn't matter if he has shown signs of being unstable in the past. Thats his problem, he should handle it. You can bet if Oregon won, he'd do exactly the same thing.
The winner tried to play by the rules of the loser and it cost him that night.

Bad quality but slowed it with a close up of the punch...Look at him wipe that smile off his face

Old 09-04-2009, 06:54 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
So what? Blount had been running his mouth all week before the game. He just couldn't handle losing.
--"Blount has been running his mouth all week "--

As I stated on the other thread, I give a little blame to the coaches.

A mature coach would have told him to tone down the rhetoric as the coach saw him at practice--all week before the game --also.

Sometimes when a player's mouth runs faster than his brain when being interviewed by the media, the coach should give a little advice cuz he certainly needed some.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:56 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
--"Blount has been running his mouth all week "--

As I stated on the other thread, I give a little blame to the coaches.

A mature coach would have told him to tone down the rhetoric as the coach saw him at practice--all week before the game --also.

Sometimes when a player's mouth runs faster than his brain when being interviewed by the media, the coach should give a little advice cuz he certainly needed some.
Oh no dobut, you would expect a coach to say something, espiscally after all the hype, a majority of the blame goes to Blount but yeah as you said the coach really should of gave him a good talking too.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
So you sympathize with wife beaters too? I mean that chick talking all that **** deserves it, right?
No...I just dont sympathize with losers who beat you at a sport on national tv and then go to rub it in your face in front of the cameras. Blount and this kid both need to learn sportsmanship

Old 09-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
No...I just dont sympathize with losers who beat you at a sport on national tv and then go to rub it in your face in front of the cameras. Blount and this kid both need to learn sportsmanship
Now that, I will say, happens ALL of the time. Talking head is part of Football. This guy just had too much emotion or something.

I said it before, both schools have no class.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Now that, I will say, happens ALL of the time. Talking head is part of Football. This guy just had too much emotion or something.
Not the first time and not the last, as a college athlete whos going to school for free, and has aspirations of going pro, you simply can't do what he done period.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:

After you have already won? At the end you shake hands and if you dont have anything to say you just walk off...nowhere does laughing at the other team/talking post game trash come into play

Old 09-04-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
After you have already won? At the end you shake hands and if you dont have anything to say you just walk off...nowhere does laughing at the other team/talking post game trash come into play
This is where I kind of disagree, so Blount talks his mouth all week saying how they're going to put a beatdown on Boise and so forth, but after the game you're just ment to take the win without saying a word?

Old 09-04-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
yeah most guys just do it all game long, or wait till the 4th quarter instead.

YouTube - Tim Tebow "CHOMPS" Oklahoma!

OUr guys talk mad shiit I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football