Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 05:39 AM

55 posts, read 100,369 times

Advertisements

Ok i am wamting to go into teaching. A little back ground on me is that i have already taught a year. My friend thinks i should do alternative certification through texas teachers or iteach texas, but i have my doubts and ive already started a program with my university but my friend thinks it will help short term cuz i really dont have a lot of money. I was also thinking that if i dont get hired as a teacher then i could do the acp online while i complete my masters. Any thoughts? Does anyone know about texas teachers or i teach texas? I heard they were good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,523 times
I have been looking into the alternative certification route for myself and have several friends that recently got certified through Texas Teachers so I have a general idea of how the program works. I know their program is completely self paced so there are no deadlines and you can work on it in your free time, which is good for me because I currently have a full time job and a family. I don’t know much about iteach other than the fact that they are a full online program, and I saw on the Texas Teachers website that they recently started offering a full online program as well. Texas Teachers has a pretty low up front cost to get started and you don’t owe the remainder of the fees unless you are successful in finding a teaching position. I plan on doing research on a few other programs before I make a decision but I’m leaning towards enrolling with Texas Teachers based on their flexibility and pricing. Hope this information helps.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,447 times
I got my alternative teaching certificate through etools4education. They are completely online, and they are wonderful. I teach 6th grade ELAR now, and it only took me a few months. Google the name. They will be able to help. Right now they are even doing some sort of discount promotion if you get referred by a former student, so give them my name. Tina... Also you don't have to pay back the tuition until you get a teaching job, so it's great! Hope it goes well for you. I love teaching!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities