Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 09:58 AM

26,210 posts, read 49,027,375 times

Advertisements

Need to keep the topic contained in relatively few threads, so I've merged 3 into 1 and will manage as needed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 10:01 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,565 times
I've been cooking more at home I usually eat out quite a bit and travel alot but with the way things are now my pace of life has slowed considerably.

Old 03-26-2020, 11:16 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,387,503 times
If you look at the list of exemptions from the governor's release, it basically only closes down to consumer retail and entertainment, restaurants, and bars. The list of allowable workplaces is pretty extensive, but, and here is a key to those operations, there is a certification checklist that these businesses must meet to remain open. This being 6 feet between working staff, readily placed instructions on washing hands and limiting personal contact, access to sanitizers, washing facilities, a regular cleaning schedule for high contact surfaces, and a a protocol for separating employees with symptoms.

Old 03-27-2020, 06:29 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,313,073 times
COVID-19 update for March 26: City will enforce stay-at-home order

https://www.csindy.com/TheWire/archi...-at-home-order

"Colorado Springs Mayor John Suthers said Thursday that, while he hopes citizens will continue to comply voluntarily with Gov. Jared Polis’ stay-at-home order, citizens who violate the order may be subject to “criminal prosecution.”

At a press conference Thursday afternoon, Suthers said the city will issue “an escalating system of warnings, but if somebody refuses to comply, they will be subject to criminal prosecution.”
Suthers, El Paso County Commissioner Mark Waller and medical experts from UCHealth and Penrose-St. Francis Health Services urged people to comply with the order to stay home, issued by the governor yesterday.

“The hope is that the stay-at-home order escalates in importance in people’s minds,” Suthers said, adding that “the vast majority have been in compliance. … I’m pretty confident that we’ll get widespread compliance. If not, we’ll escalate to do what is necessary.”

Suthers said enforcement options would include monitoring the city's parks.

"We are redeploying school resources officers and park rangers to our parks to educate and discourage gatherings and other unsafe behavior," he said. "But the truth is, we need everyone's cooperation."

Old 03-27-2020, 07:15 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,195,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
COVID-19 update for March 26: City will enforce stay-at-home order

https://www.csindy.com/TheWire/archi...-at-home-order

"Colorado Springs Mayor John Suthers said Thursday that, while he hopes citizens will continue to comply voluntarily with Gov. Jared Polis’ stay-at-home order, citizens who violate the order may be subject to “criminal prosecution.”

At a press conference Thursday afternoon, Suthers said the city will issue “an escalating system of warnings, but if somebody refuses to comply, they will be subject to criminal prosecution.”
Suthers, El Paso County Commissioner Mark Waller and medical experts from UCHealth and Penrose-St. Francis Health Services urged people to comply with the order to stay home, issued by the governor yesterday.

“The hope is that the stay-at-home order escalates in importance in people’s minds,” Suthers said, adding that “the vast majority have been in compliance. … I’m pretty confident that we’ll get widespread compliance. If not, we’ll escalate to do what is necessary.”

Suthers said enforcement options would include monitoring the city's parks.

"We are redeploying school resources officers and park rangers to our parks to educate and discourage gatherings and other unsafe behavior," he said. "But the truth is, we need everyone's cooperation."
I'm sure a stern warning from police will make a person feel "real bad" but would not change their behavior in any way if they have no reason to be out.

This could have been a lot better with mandatory fines to the offenders- from what I have seen the same amount of people are out and about every day.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:20 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,313,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
I'm sure a stern warning from police will make a person feel "real bad" but would not change their behavior in any way if they have no reason to be out.

This could have been a lot better with mandatory fines to the offenders- from what I have seen the same amount of people are out and about every day.
I think that many folks are not taking this threat seriously. Social pressure might be the best strategy, i.e. treat them as a pariah similar to how smokers are now treated.

However, if people whom they know start dying, they'll get the message.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:14 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,398,518 times
I tried the online grocery pickup option from King Soopers yesterday. The process worked smoothly but I only received 1/4 of what I ordered so not worth the effort. Are people hoarding dental floss now? It was disconcerting to see a group of young employees on their break huddled together at a picnic table.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:55 PM

753 posts, read 1,104,393 times
I've been having reasonably good luck with King Soopers delivery. I've been ordering a little extra each time on the assumption that some things will be out of stock, but you can also enable substitutions and give them tips on what to substitute -- e.g., different brand or flavor. It appears to me that some shoppers are better than others at picking appropriate substitutions so it's kind of like gambling, though.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:20 PM

834 posts, read 743,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orngkat View Post
I tried the online grocery pickup option from King Soopers yesterday. The process worked smoothly but I only received 1/4 of what I ordered so not worth the effort. Are people hoarding dental floss now? It was disconcerting to see a group of young employees on their break huddled together at a picnic table.
I ordered face wash last time from the Constitution location, and it was not subbed nor on there. I had a REALLY hard time believing that they ran out of generic facial cleanser. Thankfully, Amazon had plenty on Prime still. We've stopped with King Soopers after the past two weeks of orders. Now, we signed up for Instacart and are getting things from Costco and Sprouts.

Old 03-28-2020, 01:28 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,168,001 times
I went to Walmart today for a grocery run (haven't been in over a week), and I was shocked at how many people were there, and 95% or more didn't have a mask on. I had an N95 on and gloves. I get that N95s are hard to find (I bought mine last year), but if I didn't have one, I would be wearing a surgical mask or even a scarf over my face. I saw people chatting with each other, getting within six feet of each other and just generally behaving as though everything is normal. They looked at me like I was crazy.

What is wrong with people? Don't they know that we are seeing 25-35% increases in new cases daily, and that we very possibly will have 20,000 cases in Colorado within two weeks?

People aren't taking this seriously enough. I really think a lot of people just don't understand the nature of exponential growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs