Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 11:48 AM

24 posts, read 105,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldGreen View Post
Can those that are living in Manitou Springs comment on the degree that witchcraft and devil worshiping plays in the character of the town. My wife and I are considering a move and while we’re open to much of life’s diversity, we don’t want to reside (and raise our 3 young girls) in a place where you openly witness people gathering and doing whatever satanic things they might do. We don’t mind a yearly festival where some of this might be seen, but can you live there without this intrusion? Please let me know how long you’ve lived there as well. Your opinion is very much appreciated.
Arnold Green
I lived there for over 8 years. I never witnessed any open "satanic," or pagan celebrations of any kind in Manitou. They have art fairs during the summer. They do have a bed race on Halloween. I have no interest in witchcraft myself, but I believe that Wicca has more to do with nature, than Satan worship.

There may be a coven or two in Manitou, but I never noticed them, and think the whole Manitou witch thing is overblown by some Colorado Springs churches who attract members who are equally tortured by the thought of gays being allowed to teach in public schools (with their hidden agenda of child recruitment). I assume the church groups extend the same irrational gay fears, to wiccans.

The point of several of the mega churches in Colorado Springs is, that if you can't stir up big FEAR about something, be it Manitou witches or gays everywhere, you can't make money. The messages of salvation, healing, love, or charity bring in no money at all for the largest area churches.

A sizeable group of Mennonites spend part of the summer in Manitou. Like the Amish, they dress a bit differently. They aren't witches.

Instead of an irrational fear of a wiccans, and the few there may be in Manitou, and whatever they do, a head of household in Manitou would be better off checking out the noise level of prospective neighbors, as the only problem I had with people in Manitou my whole time there was one noisy neighbor for a few years, in a rental, not that all renters are noisy. It is just that the houses are so close there. Being so close, you want to make sure your neighbor doesn't have 1000 watt ultra bass, and a penchant for blasting music at 3 a.m.

My small irrational fear of the entire Colorado Springs area, before I moved there, is that with four major military installations, the place would be a wild town on weekends, with soldiers partying and doing things like driving drunk. Instead, the military are very well behaved, fine members of the community for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 11:16 AM

252 posts, read 926,029 times
Very well said, I second Vertigo7 !!!

Old 10-29-2008, 05:49 AM

5 posts, read 59,106 times
Just to clarify for ArnoldGreen. Witchcraft or Wiccan has NOTHING to do with devil worship. Wiccan is more of an earth based faith. I'm not actually a wiccan, but know some folks who are. You shouldn't be concerned about wiccans any more than any other religious denomination. I don't actually live in Manitou Springs, so I can't speak to the religious makeup of the town.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:20 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,124,581 times
When I worked at Manitou HS, I can't say I ever came across any either, parents or student. There were a lot of emos though.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:39 AM

165 posts, read 437,605 times
Haha

I wish my lawn was emo, then it would cut itself.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:35 PM

252 posts, read 926,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSimple View Post
Haha

I wish my lawn was emo, then it would cut itself.
good one

Old 12-29-2008, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 11,170 times
I'm sorry, but Arnold Green what you seem to be imagining is kind of silly. If Wiccan's DO gather in Manitou I can assure you, you will not "openly witness" anything. I've lived here for about nine months and haven't seen anything strange at all and I haven't met a single Wiccan.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 9,431 times
Wiccans are NOT devil worshippers, so relax

Old 01-08-2009, 01:33 PM

565 posts, read 1,847,651 times
I think modern Wiccans are into nature worship instead of the hollywood devil worship...just checked wikipedia, says they typically worship a "god of nature" such the Celtic god Cernunnos or the Greek god Pan. They seem to be much like hippies which are also common in Manitou Springs.

I have not heard of any devil worship out here.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:17 PM

67 posts, read 151,473 times
Heres my input for you all. Wicca and Witchcraft are two seperate entities. Yes some Wiccans practice Witchcraft but not all. Also, not all those who practice Witchcraft are Wiccan. Take all the Hollywood ideas of Witchcraft and through them out the window. Witchcraft as it is commonly tied to Wicca has nothing to do with cursing you or your family so you have bad luck, aren't happy, your hair falls out. It is about the belief of putting forth the effort to make a change in your life. If you take the time to research the two you will find that 99% of us live by two simple rules; "And it Harm None, Do as Ye Will." and "What is sent out come back times three".

As for being Satanist (the actual Satin worshipers), we don't even believe in Satan or Hell so how can we worship Him or anything form the place.

Most likely you have met an large number of Pagans/Wiccans in your life and never even knew. We don't force our beliefs on anyone, we don't convert. As for the OP, you are entitled to your own oppinion, but please do your research before you bash anyone or anything. [ mod cut ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-05-2009 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: not needed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs