Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:09 PM

46 posts, read 164,959 times

Advertisements

Wondering if anyone has information or photos of these areas. I've been told the winters in these areas differ from those on the southern part or even western part of Colorado Springs....

I've also been told this is a small town mountain 'feel' area without 'being in' the mountains... and still being close enough to Colorado Springs....

I dont see a PHOTO TOUR of any of these places, and would love to see something from them!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 09:24 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,920,312 times
Here are a few pics around our home in Woodmor>
After a t-storm on July3.

Same road after a snow storm this past spring.

Toboggan Hill in Woodmor.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Here's a few more for you. While we do get more snow than COS, we are also cooler in the summer. I really don't mind the extra snow too much as the area is way more scenic.
Looking up our street.

Looking down our street after one of the storms in '06. This was after the county brought up a gigantic snow blower because the plows could not make it.

Monument 4th of July parade a couple of years ago.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:47 AM

wow vfrpilot.... those first two of woodmor... I had to look twice.
awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing.
If you have more, please add more. I love the ones you've posted so far.
Would you also offer some information about woodmor and monument...
Maybe compare them to each other and black forest and woodland park... how they are the same and how they are different???
THANKS AGAIN...
Amanda from NY

Old 07-29-2009, 08:26 AM

Thanks for the compliments.
Woodmor works best for us. The lots are mostly 1/2 acre and because of the elevation, there are lots of pines. We have a 9yo and the area still has a 'neighborhood feel' to it. There are other subdivisions in Monument that have smaller lots and others that have larger. 1/2 acre is just right for us. BF is great if you want/need more space(10+ acres).
The access to I25 is much easier than BF, and makes travel to COS(12 mi) or Denver(35 mi) reasonable for employment if needed.
Woodland Park is an amazing mountain town west of COS. Commuting to COS is not usually a problem. I work with a couple of guys who commute to the USAF Academy on the north end of COS from WP every day.
We get twice the snow that COS receives, but it 'usually' doesn't hang around long. It's also very dry snow so it's easy to remove, but drifts and loss of visibility can cause problems for drivers.
We feel pretty fortunate to live in such a beautiful and quiet area
I'll post more pictures when I fire up my laptop.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:19 PM

This is more typical of road conditions after a winter storm. This was last Christmas>

View looking north at Woodmoor from about 8500'. SH105 in the foreground. Lake Woodmoor on the left. I25 is also on the left.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 AM

that overhead view of the area is so awesome! It helps me picture where things are laid out and it helps show the mountain/foot hills too... awesome, awesome!

I've been told before that if we wanted 10+ acres, to check out BF area...
I cant wait to visit and see which 'neighborhoods' we might want to live in.

Anyone else have any photos, or do you --vfr have anymore?

Old 08-18-2009, 05:16 PM

6,822 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Where is Woodmoor?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Where is Woodmoor?
Woodmoor is a community on the northeast side of Monument. It's comprised of over 2600 lots with most of them north of SH105 and east of I25 up to County Line Road. The lots are 1/2 acre or larger and almost all homes are custom built, some dating back to the early 60's. Ours was built in '92. Definitely not cookie cutter. Solid fences are not allowed so the neighborhood look more spacious. As you can see by the pictures, the area is covered with pines.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:23 AM

6,822 posts, read 10,510,104 times
It looks nice - I guess it is east of the I? It looks like it has an actual community feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs