Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 07:37 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,367,553 times

Advertisements

sterlinggirl, where do you live? Sterling, out on the eastern plains, as your username suggests?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 07:45 PM

387 posts, read 679,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Somebody sold the house, and unless they moved out of state, the population has still increased. Do people really think that Colorado sprung up fully developed at some point in time, and that everything standing at that time has a "right" to be here, and everything built since then is "sprawl"? I don't get it!
Sprawl isn't a matter of when something is developed, but how.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:02 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,768,281 times
Quote:
So it's OK for a Californian to buy some hovel and fix it up, but not to do as many native Coloradans have done and build a new house? But of course, there's the whole issue of the evils of gentrification, too, so maybe they should just stay in Cali, right?
The population of Colorado has nearly doubled in the last 20 years. Sure some native Coloradan residents have built new homes, but they are far from the major problem in this state. Especially since most of the population that was raised in Colorado understand enough about the issues of the state to not destroy it.

Quote:
And "deliberately destroying a way of life"? What kind of codswallop is that? I do not know ONE person who has EVER moved ANYWHERE in an attempt to deliberately destroy someone's way of life.
Who said they are deliberately destroy a way of life. In a lot of ways it would be better if they were doing it deliberately, then they would be more honest about it and people would realize what is happening. Instead they do it with the best of intentions, because they are ignorant of the facts and problems that the state has and has had in the past.

Attacking the number 1 industry in the state while the state is in a recession is one of the dumbest things anybody could do, yet it is happening, and most of the people I have ever met that are actually from Colorado have friends and/or family that earn their living in that industry.

The constant complaining of the smell that places like Greeley, Fort Morgan, Loveland, and many other mid size towns is horrible; especially when considering often that smell comes from the main income producing industry of the area. Yet towns are forcing these places further from town, or even out of the state.

There are many other examples of people getting involved in things they do not understand, but they want them changed because they do not like them, with no regard to what they mean to the state. However I do not have the time tonight to post them all. Suffice it to say that people should actually learn about the area before they try to change things, people should find ways to add to the community to make it better, instead of using their time and money to flaunt their ignorance. Especially since much of what many of them want to change will have dramatic long term affects for this state, and my friends and family.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:07 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,148,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post

Who said they are deliberately destroy a way of life.
Actually, you did; you just said it a little differently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post

The thing that many do not understand is that the majority of Coloradans do not have a problem with each person from California, we have a problem with people moving here that want to change the way the state runs, and go out of the way to destroy the areas we love so much. .
I think that is nuts. I don't know of anyone going out of their way to destroy anything!

Old 10-31-2008, 08:26 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,443,474 times
This is one of those threads that keep coming back and being created. How many times can you talk about hating Californians or anybody else???? It is all just nonsense and gives the people looking at this forum the wrong idea. It appears that many do not have anything else to do in their lives but keep regurgitating this same garbage.

I try to start some threads that give some information about Colorado, my city, my neighborhood--please try that if you are bored. Why, can you not think of a more redeeming subject???

I was offered to be a terminator, oh, that is the wrong word, what is it, yea, a moderator of this forum but I declined. This is one of the times, I wish I had the power and I would...

As, I said in in another thread, this needs a big sneeze, an ach..ooo, to blow it out of the system and a good wipe of the kleenex, better yet, for this thread, a wipe of toilet tissue and a flush is better.

Livecontent

Old 10-31-2008, 08:26 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,814,751 times
Quote:
Somebody sold the house, and unless they moved out of state, the population has still increased. Do people really think that Colorado sprung up fully developed at some point in time, and that everything standing at that time has a "right" to be here, and everything built since then is "sprawl"? I don't get it!
Perhaps you could look up sprawl in the dictionary if you're confused. Three people can sit on my sofa, but only one fits if they happen to be inconsiderate of the other people in the room and decide to sprawl across the whole thing.

I don't welcome people in my living room who are too inconsiderate to share the furniture, so why should I welcome neighbors who are just as inconsiderate with our limited natural resources?

Old 10-31-2008, 08:33 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,148,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
This is one of those threads that keep coming back and being created. How many times can you talk about hating Californians or anybody else???? It is all just nonsense and gives the people looking at this forum the wrong idea. It appears that many do not have anything else to do in their lives but keep regurgitating this same garbage.

I try to start some threads that give some information about Colorado, my city, my neighborhood--please try that if you are bored. Why, can you not think of a more redeeming subject???

I was offered to be a terminator, oh, that is the wrong word, what is it, yea, a moderator of this forum but I declined. This is one of the times, I wish I had the power and I would...

As, I said in in another thread, this needs a big sneeze, an ach..ooo, to blow it out of the system and a good wipe of the kleenex, better yet, for this thread, a wipe of toilet tissue and a flush is better.

Livecontent
Yeah, I know. I just get really annoyed at these "natives" who try to claim that by an accident of birth, they have a "right" to be here and no one else, or maybe only others of their own choosing, have the same.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:44 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,544,508 times
I can't believe how this 2 pager from over a year ago came back to life.

And anyone who complains about sprawl but doesn't live in an 800sf apartment in a high rise needs to can it.

I can't believe S T F U is censored.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:22 PM

336 posts, read 698,998 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know. I just get really annoyed at these "natives" who try to claim that by an accident of birth, they have a "right" to be here and no one else, or maybe only others of their own choosing, have the same.

Kat...try to learn to ignore...I haven't been on this forum long but
have already gotten bored by the sos by the same posters...as a
American citizen, I have the NATIVE born right to live in any damn
state I please...and no one posting negative crap on a online forum
will be able to change my mind...the only deciding factor in whether
we move to Colorado or not will be the weather and whether or not my girls think they would like the cold...

Old 10-31-2008, 10:35 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,814,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I can't believe S T F U is censored.
I can....its a pretty 'ugly' thing to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado