Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:52 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,504,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I can....its a pretty 'ugly' thing to say.
So is all the nativist BS spewed here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 10:56 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,529,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I agree with you, it is all BS, I am convinced that most people who post here are disgruntled or just exaggerate to be dramatic and ruin peoples plans with fear.

In every case where I hear about state nativity (FL doesn't like NY, OR doesn't like CA, CO doesn't like CA, Texas hates liberals, Oklahoma hates everyone)...then I go to that state and notice nothing of the sort.

If we were to go off what people here say California would sound like a HUGE Tijuana with 1 nice fenced in area where all the rich people live, up on a mountain top, and everyone in there flies helicopters made by Ferrari.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:15 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,998,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri722 View Post
Kat...try to learn to ignore...I haven't been on this forum long but
have already gotten bored by the sos by the same posters...as a
American citizen, I have the NATIVE born right to live in any damn
state I please...and no one posting negative crap on a online forum
will be able to change my mind...the only deciding factor in whether
we move to Colorado or not will be the weather and whether or not my girls think they would like the cold...
Yeah, I know. I do get carried away.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:10 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,478,017 times
Quote:
…and the Immigration forum. There's a whole forum on Nativism on this site!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:44 AM

3,459 posts, read 5,806,434 times
Quote:
Quote:
Santa Ana is bad unless you like living in a trashy, overcrowded, run down city with illegal aliens. The rest of north county has good and bad parts.
How is it any different than your own nativist BS?

Old 11-01-2008, 11:52 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,504,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
How is it any different than your own nativist BS?
Wow how much time did you spend e-stalking me to find that?

And for the record, I welcome people who come here, adopt American culture, learn English, and become productive tax-paying citizens. But if you'd ever been Santa Ana, you'd know it is trashy, run-down, over crowded, and yes, full of illegals who have no desire to assimilate into American society.

You, on the other hand, lash out at American citizens who wish to move to Colorado and act like we're all trying to destroy your precious state. Did you ever think that many of us like what we see in Colorado and want to move there because of it? Why would we try to destroy what attracted us here in the first place?

Old 11-01-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
About ninety seconds....

Quote:
And for the record, I welcome people who come here, adopt American culture, learn English, and become productive tax-paying citizens. But if you'd ever been Santa Ana, you'd know it is trashy, run-down, over crowded, and yes, full of illegals who have no desire to assimilate into American society.
Colorado natives typically welcome people who come here, adopt Colorado culture, and have a desire to assimilate into Colorado society.

Quote:
You, on the other hand, lash out at American citizens who wish to move to Colorado and act like we're all trying to destroy your precious state. Did you ever think that many of us like what we see in Colorado and want to move there because of it? Why would we try to destroy what attracted us here in the first place?
I have to question why you lash out at Coloradans who expect the same thing out of immigrants to our state as you expect from immigrants moving to your own state.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:56 PM

336 posts, read 698,590 times
Quote:

It's hopeless...she thinks you are migrating from California to Colorado,
last time I checked...Colorado was still part of the United States...don't think it has attained a country unto itself status....

im·mi·grant [im-i-gruhnt][SIZE=3]–noun [/SIZE]1.a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:24 PM

18 posts, read 60,245 times
Quote:
last time I checked...Colorado was still part of the United States...don't think it has attained a country unto itself status....

im·mi·grant [im-i-gruhnt][SIZE=3]–noun [/SIZE]1.a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.

LOL, real loud. I was thinking the exact same thing Terri722!!

I plan on checking out Colorado in January, hopefully Colorado Springs, moving from Scottsdale. I've lived in Scottsdale for 1.5 yrs. and am looking for a place that is more gracious towards nature. Any input about Colorado Springs?

Old 11-01-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Since you feel the need to nitpick the difference between migrant and immigrant, I'll let you have your moment of glory. Feel better now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado