Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 03:39 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB. View Post
The 100 degree days, do you have many of those and do the nights cool off?
Pueblo has about 5-10 a year and at night it does cool off to the 60's as we the mountain breezes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 08:26 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB. View Post
The 100 degree days, do you have many of those and do the nights cool off?
We get our fair share of 100+ days but little humidity.

I'm a native Floridian but i've lived here almost 20 years and I can tell you that the heat here isn't all that bad. It really doesn't feel as hot as it is.

Now, if we only had a beach................

Old 04-02-2012, 11:30 AM

Question Snow for Pueblo

As I suspected winter is not done with Colorado yet! Since the Colorado Weather thread has been closed I will post my weather video here if Pueblo gets snow tonight and tomorrow.

As a side note Pueblo had a record high of 87 at the airport yesterday but in the downtown area it was 91. What a difference 24 hours can make.

This is from the NWS in Pueblo:

Tonight: Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 5am. Areas of blowing snow between midnight and 1am, then areas of blowing snow after 3am. Low around 32. Very windy, with a north northwest wind 35 to 40 mph decreasing to between 15 and 20 mph. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Tuesday: A chance of snow before 9am, then a chance of rain and snow between 9am and 10am, then a chance of rain after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. North northwest wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: A slight chance of rain, mixing with snow after 10pm, then gradually ending. Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%

As usual it looks like the suburbs of Beulah, Rye, Colorado City and Hatchet Ranch will see the most snow in the Pueblo metro area.

Last edited by Josseppie; 04-02-2012 at 11:42 AM..

Old 04-02-2012, 04:35 PM

Talking WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY for Pueblo

There has been a update! I think the city of Pueblo could get 2-4 inches of snow with more in the south western suburbs of Beulah, Colorado City, Rye and Hatchet Ranch. However if this sets up just right and turns into a Albuquerque low its possible the city of Pueblo could get more, a lot more. If the snow starts look for a snow video from me either late tonight or early tomorrow morning. 90's yesterday and heavy snow tonight. This is Colorado weather at its finest.

This is from the NWS in Pueblo:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
PUEBLO CO 331 PM MDT MON APR 2 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PUEBLO HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO NOON MDT TUESDAY.

* LOCATION...SOUTHERN EL PASO...PUEBLO...AND EASTERN FREMONT COUNTIES...INCLUDING THE CITIES OF COLORADO SPRINGS...PUEBLO...AND CANON CITY.

* CAUSE AND TIMING...A STRONG SPRING STORM SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO SLOWLY MOVE ACROSS NORTHERN NEW MEXICO THROUGH TUESDAY. SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE AREA LATE TONIGHT WHICH WILL CONTINUE THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING.

* SNOW ACCUMULATION...2 TO 6 INCHES WITH THE HEAVIEST AMOUNTS NEAR THE MOUNTAINS...GENERALLY NORTH AND WEST OF THE CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS...AND SOUTH AND WEST OF THE CITY OF PUEBLO. SOME MELTING OF THE SNOW WILL OCCUR ON THE WARM SURFACES AT TIMES.

* WIND...NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 40 MPH.

* IMPACT...HEAVY WET SNOW WILL FALL LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING RESULTING IN POOR VISIBILITIES AT TIMES. ROADWAYS MAY BECOME SLUSHY AND SNOW PACKED AT TIMES UNDER THE HEAVIER SNOW SHOWERS. DUE TO THE WARM GROUND...SNOWFALL MAY MELT OFF AT TIMES...PARTICULARLY ACROSS SOUTHEAST EL PASO AND EASTERN PUEBLO COUNTIES.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:58 PM

930 posts, read 1,654,157 times
Does Pueblo get hit hard with the North wind as well? The weather channel is forecasting between 8-14 inches here in the Springs, but the north wind will be howling, which causes that donut-hole effect. I think that the 8-14 inches is a crock, of course, but I'm curious to see if Pueblo gets it like central C/S and Fountain.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:04 PM

The wind has been strong all day. I have seen damage around town and I am curious to see what the peak wind gust was because I have a feeling it was way over 60 MPH, at least it felt that way.

You are correct a northern wind will cause a donut-hole effect over Pueblo and Colorado Springs. However my guess is as the low pressure drops south into New Mexico the wind will change direction as the low will be closer to Albuquerque and that is when Pueblo gets a lot of snow. I think that is why the NWS in Pueblo issued the winter weather advisory for Pueblo and Colorado Springs this afternoon.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:08 PM

930 posts, read 1,654,157 times
I hope that wind does shift as we need that moisture here in that donut hole!

Old 04-02-2012, 05:17 PM

This is soooo true plus I would like at least one more snow storm before the summer season hits with the heat.........

Old 04-03-2012, 11:44 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,121,796 times
How much did you get Josseppie? I've heard reports of 9-12" of snow...

Old 04-03-2012, 11:55 AM

Unfortunately not much in the city of Pueblo. It was just to warm as it was showing 37 on my suv on my way to work. We have had snow though and at times it was heavy just did not stick. I have heard that the suburbs south and west of town did get a lot of snow especially Trinidad (obviously they are not a suburb).

Overall it was fun but I would of liked more snow in the city of Pueblo. I am still hoping there is one more storm before summer hits.......

Did you get much snow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado