Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 09:23 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD401 View Post
Proudly displaying your "Native" bumpersticker I'm sure.

Funny how THAT is the thing to be hoity toity about around here.

Nope someone stated that I had just moved hereso why is it my state ...so I corrected him/her-

defensive much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 05:58 PM

557 posts, read 811,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Nope someone stated that I had just moved hereso why is it my state ...so I corrected him/her-

defensive much?
Don't see how "defensive" could apply.

Regardless, I was just making a general statement as well about the nose-in-the-air attitude many a "native" apparently have. I totally get being proud that you are from such an awesome place, but the degree with which they go out of there way to thumb their nose surprises me.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Sorry buddy I'm a native-nice try. 3rd generation native...
3rd generation and "native" are self-contradictory.

This guy is "Colorado Native"

You are not.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:04 PM

75 posts, read 104,437 times
Default Manitou Springs, Colorado is an open minded town!

I think you might want to check out Manitou Springs which is near Colorado Springs. This community openly embraces "different lifestyles" and is an eclectic artsy type community. They have a funky little shops and tourist like to visit this area in the summer. It is near the mountains and Garden of the Gods park where you can hike and bike for recreation. Although they have had some flooding downtown lately due to the wildfires in our area, it remains a favorite place for local residents. You should be able to find a nice place to live in all price ranges. Here are some websites to check out information on this unique town.

Websites
Visit Historic Manitou Springs- Pikes Peak Country Attractions

Manitou Springs CO Condos & Apartments for Sale - 6 Listings - Zillow

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-29-2014 at 05:19 PM..

Old 07-31-2014, 09:06 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
3rd generation and "native" are self-contradictory.

This guy is "Colorado Native"

You are not.
I'm a native American. I was born here. I am not descended from any of the tribes that were in America prior to the settlers from Europe. The term "native" has been thoroughly misused, though it can be no more inaccurate than using the term "Indian" for people that were not from India.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado