Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 03:48 PM

75 posts, read 123,751 times

Advertisements

I'll be retired soon enough and want to spend my retirement years in a place where I can smoke pot legally. Yes! It's about time.

So what are prices like in colorado for a nice condo in a pot-friendly town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 03:57 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Look at Realtor.com for prices in cities around the state.

Otherwise your post is too vague for us to help you. Go back and read out Terms of Service to see the sort of things we need to know about you before we can suggest anything.

If all you want is cheap living and MJ, move to Pueblo.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-15-2014, 04:07 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
A "nice" condo will run you a quarter million dollars and up. I guess for a "pot friendly" town try Boulder or Denver. Good luck to you.

Old 02-15-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Look at Realtor.com for prices in cities around the state.

Otherwise your post is too vague for us to help you. Go back and read out Terms of Service to see the sort of things we need to know about you before we can suggest anything.

If all you want is cheap living and MJ, move to Pueblo.
Well I do not know anything about the cities in Colorado. I was in Denver once on business, but that is it. Guess I was just looking for some suggestions from locals. Would be nice to find a laid back artsy town with easy access to weed shops and not too far from a major city like Denver. I like hiking, too, so someplace close to the trails would be great.

I will check out Pueblo.

Old 02-15-2014, 04:32 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jauburn View Post
Well I do not know anything about the cities in Colorado. I was in Denver once on business, but that is it. Guess I was just looking for some suggestions from locals. Would be nice to find a laid back artsy town with easy access to weed shops and not too far from a major city like Denver. I like hiking, too, so someplace close to the trails would be great.

I will check out Pueblo.
If you have any questions on Pueblo just ask and I can help you.

Old 02-15-2014, 04:33 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,937 times
Maybe Nederland? But I don't think it's cheap and it's more of a cabin in the woods type place than a condo type place.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:14 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,404,810 times
If you have the money to burn on the extremely expensive pot, you really should not have a concern about the price of a condo. Perhaps it is that idea--if you have to ask, you cannot afford it.

If you need to live cheap, so you can afford pot then that is what you have to do. There are pot shops all around Denver where housing is less expensive and also dirt cheap or living on the street for free. All you have to read the real estate guides that are readily available online and pick a price range that fits you. Obviously, you may be priced out of the more tonier neighborhoods. Smoking enough pot and living in the miasma of that experience, you will not care where you live.

I am not making a judgment on pot smoking; I am just curious and making an observation. I stopped by one of the many pot shops that I regularly pass. There was a long line and I wanted to talk to the patrons. I would say all the ones I saw where living on the edge with little money--their clothes, demeanor and speech did not put them in the upper class. I have no idea how the wealthy buy this stuff but I do not think they are standing in line or caught going into some of these places. Perhaps there is a backdoor concierge service for the well heeled. Do the cream of society hire proxies to get it for them because the do not have the time or cannot be seen because of their status and occupations? I am sure many smoke pot even if they publicly voice the expected opinion against such.

Livecontent

Old 02-15-2014, 08:03 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,273 times
Buy a cabin in Turret for 100K and grow your own......

Old 02-16-2014, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
If you have the money to burn on the extremely expensive pot, you really should not have a concern about the price of a condo. Perhaps it is that idea--if you have to ask, you cannot afford it.

If you need to live cheap, so you can afford pot then that is what you have to do. There are pot shops all around Denver where housing is less expensive and also dirt cheap or living on the street for free. All you have to read the real estate guides that are readily available online and pick a price range that fits you. Obviously, you may be priced out of the more tonier neighborhoods. Smoking enough pot and living in the miasma of that experience, you will not care where you live.

I am not making a judgment on pot smoking; I am just curious and making an observation. I stopped by one of the many pot shops that I regularly pass. There was a long line and I wanted to talk to the patrons. I would say all the ones I saw where living on the edge with little money--their clothes, demeanor and speech did not put them in the upper class. I have no idea how the wealthy buy this stuff but I do not think they are standing in line or caught going into some of these places. Perhaps there is a backdoor concierge service for the well heeled. Do the cream of society hire proxies to get it for them because the do not have the time or cannot be seen because of their status and occupations? I am sure many smoke pot even if they publicly voice the expected opinion against such.

Livecontent
I don't need to "live cheap," as you put it, but I don't want to spend money needlessly, either.

Pot is a lot cheaper than alcohol by almost any measure, and it's more fun, more creative, and less harmful, as well. I can do without the latent judgments in your response, which was devoid of actual information, but thanks anyway.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:58 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
This was in the Washington Post and since the OP is considering Pueblo I thought it would be good to post it here.

This is from the Washington Post:

“They’re trying to make Pueblo into the Little Amsterdam of Colorado,” Stetler said of local officials.

The link: A new Rocky Mountain high: Colorado open for cannabis tourism - The Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado