Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:02 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,474,847 times

Advertisements

Pueblo started issuing gay marriage licenses this morning. This city has come a long way since I was a kid and this is one of the many reasons I am proud to call it my town!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 06:58 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,213,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Adams judge tosses Colorado gay marriage ban but stays ruling - The Denver Post

It's good to see Colorado becoming a more liberal state. Thoughts?
It's bad to see Colorado becoming a more liberal state.

We just moved to Colorado and brought three votes with us. November will tell much about the future.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Within the year, the United States Supreme Court will very likely resolve this issue once and for all by striking down all the remaining bans.
Or uphold the 10th Amendment right of the states to determine the issue individualy based on the voted expressed will of the people.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:23 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,104,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Or uphold the 10th Amendment right of the states to determine the issue individualy based on the voted expressed will of the people.
I'm a HUGE supporter of the 10th amendment, but it is not relevant in this case. There is a reason every court has ruled against the gay marriage ban. It is a form of invidious discrimination. Treating people unequally based on sexual orientation is already against the law. You want me to determine whom your son or daughter or could marry? Clearly, it's none of my business. In the same way, it is none of my business, or your business, who other people marry. This isn't a right vs left issue. This is a human rights vs bigotry issue. The right used to be the party of personal freedom. It no longer holds to that principal. Now it only represents financial freedom and encourages government over-reach in other areas. If the government actually stays the **** out of this issue, then PEOPLE, be they gay or not, intrinsically have the right to marry other CONSENTING PEOPLE. There is no room for slippery slope arguments. It does not involve ****ing animals, as some conservatives put it. It does not involve child brides, they are incapable of consent. The arguments being dredged up are absurd and stupid.

Congratulations to Colorado for moving past one of the most idiotic challenges in our state history.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
I'm a HUGE supporter of the 10th amendment, but it is not relevant in this case.

Congratulations to Colorado for moving past one of the most idiotic challenges in our state history.
And that's why we all get a vote. I disagree.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:08 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,245,901 times
Quote:
Luckily, bigotry is on the losing side of this argument. If you hate gay people, maybe Colorado isn't for you.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:05 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,713,604 times
Quote:
Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, and I respect that. However, I don't see why allowing same-sex couples to get married should be a problem, as long as you're secure with yourself. There's literally no valid reason why not.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:11 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,682,516 times
Quote:
It's bad to see Colorado becoming a more liberal state.

We just moved to Colorado and brought three votes with us. November will tell much about the future.

So you JUST moved to Colorado and you think you should tell us who can marry who?
And how do you get three votes?

Old 07-15-2014, 06:22 PM

14,187 posts, read 22,768,179 times
Quote:
The 10th Amendment doesn't apply to laws that are unconstitutional.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, and I respect that. However, I don't see why allowing same-sex couples to get married should be a problem, as long as you're secure with yourself. There's literally no valid reason why not.
It's a religious issue with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado