Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:17 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times

Advertisements

Hasn't the whole "native" thing gone by the wayside? Seems to have lost its panache. Interesting how it only seemed to matter in places with large net in-migration. Wouldn't be surprised to find out that nobody's ever claimed that personalized plate in Pennsylvania.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM

336 posts, read 698,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
The OP already started a pretty heated discussion on natives here in the Colorado forum.

Dear sterling, thank you for keeping up with my posts while I have been away... You dredged that all the way up from '08...I feel so loved...haha I see you haven't grown up any since I was last on here....

Old 01-13-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Let's not portray Terri as the initiator the never-ending transplant/native battle of wits. I'm absolutely certain that the thread to which you've linked was a follow-on to another heated discussion involving all the usual suspects.
Thank you...and it was...wayyyyy back in '08....I feel sort of stalked and loved at the same time...haha

Old 01-13-2010, 08:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
In August we will have been here 30 years. We didn't know it, but we arrived here during a recession. DH managed to find a job anyway, so did I. DH was laid off twice. We even moved away for about 9 months at one point, but had a chance to come back (in another recession), and we did. We had two kids here (both now grown), bought two houses, sold one. When my brother was out here in May he said he could see we had made a good life for ourselves here. That's quite a compliment coming from him.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
In August we will have been here 30 years. We didn't know it, but we arrived here during a recession. DH managed to find a job anyway, so did I. DH was laid off twice. We even moved away for about 9 months at one point, but had a chance to come back (in another recession), and we did. We had two kids here (both now grown), bought two houses, sold one. When my brother was out here in May he said he could see we had made a good life for ourselves here. That's quite a compliment coming from him.
Congratulations for making it through the hard times...it does sound like you have had quite a good life there...hope to say that about ourselves one day...

Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 AM

2,611 posts, read 3,590,488 times
Terri, at least you have family going with you. My wife and I are doing it alone, but family is already excited to visit this summer and winter to a place they would otherwise have not gone to. They way I see it, it always takes at least one person to branch out. I have cousins in Houston only because my Uncle and Aunt moved there about 15 years ago. My mother is there now only because she met my stepfather there because she was visiting my Uncle and Aunt. If i go farther back I've got heritage going back to Mexico/Italy.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j96g View Post
Terri, at least you have family going with you. My wife and I are doing it alone, but family is already excited to visit this summer and winter to a place they would otherwise have not gone to. They way I see it, it always takes at least one person to branch out. I have cousins in Houston only because my Uncle and Aunt moved there about 15 years ago. My mother is there now only because she met my stepfather there because she was visiting my Uncle and Aunt. If i go farther back I've got heritage going back to Mexico/Italy.

I like your way of thinking...it takes at least one person to branch out... Best of luck to you and your wife...I hope you enjoy the mountains for me until I can get there...

Old 01-14-2010, 09:11 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,470,113 times
I've been here 5 years (from OH) and I am ready to move on. The BF has been relocated by his work to ABQ and I, having been already spoiled by the nice CoS winters, am ready for a shorter and milder winter. Colorado is awesome, though, and if I had lived elsewhere in the state, the move may have been difficult.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:45 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,366,803 times
OP had me convinced Livermore was where she was headed, having started multiple threads about it last year.

What happened?

Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
OP had me convinced Livermore was where she was headed, having started multiple threads about it last year.

What happened?
Had to wait for our Grandbaby to be born and so we stayed so that my daughter could keep the same OB...then we made our journey to Livermore in August of '09 to check it all out...absolutely loved it...as I knew we would...looked at several places while we were there...the one we loved was just not much room for what they were asking for it....so we have come back here and are still in search of something nice, but reasonable...like I have said...I won't be selling this house until I find something that is a sure thing...and I cannot really afford two mortgages...but yes, it's Livermore all the way when I get everything ironed out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado