Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2017, 11:25 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,030,690 times

Advertisements

YeH, all the parking options at the airport are safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 03:52 PM

362 posts, read 995,139 times
Great! Thanks to all!

Old 03-21-2017, 06:54 AM

518 posts, read 435,510 times
Just to restate, I have been parking long term there since the 90's. Only problem I ever had was leaving my lights on and the security guys jumped my battery for me. The parking is cheaper than just about every other airport in the area and I have never had a real problem.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:08 PM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times
I was flying to DCA out of CAE yesterday and saw some members of A'ja Wilsons family coming back from Dallas and had a moment to congratulate them.. I think they were caught up in the bad weather in the SW that came SE. I was on the 755pm flight and the one before that to DCA 5pm was delayed.. so many folks on my flight jumped onto the 5pm one because it had extra seats and the 755 was nice and empty.. Both plane literally followed each other into DCA.

Delta had atleast four jets on the ground.. two of the larger (MD 80s?) and two of the smaller Regionals; there were two American Airlines Regionals, and one from Continental. I suspect it all had to do with weather delays.. but its the most planes that I have seen on the ground there at one time.. nearly every gate occupied...

Old 04-06-2017, 05:38 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,388,523 times
Does your transit Comet, serve the airport?

Old 04-06-2017, 05:45 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,030,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krogerDisco View Post
Yes, but the ride from downtown to CAE takes an hour. Better to get a taxi or Uber.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:38 PM

1,152 posts, read 954,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krogerDisco View Post
I don't know i never seen it. I mostly get Uber Lyft riders calling me from the airport the majority of the time. I've not once seen a bus there

Old 04-07-2017, 06:54 AM

Yeah the bus goes there but is "ghost" most of the time. I believe most of the riders use it for destinations between cayce-west cola and downtown and no one uses it that is traveling to the airport for a flight. The main reason why it goes to the airport itself is for a small percentage of airport employees and support service staff for the various operations there

Old 04-07-2017, 07:17 AM

I mentioned this in another tread and thought i would advocate for it here. Would it not make sense for sumter to petition to join the CAE airport commission and contribute $ then petition to have the name changed to Columbia Sumter Inter Regional Airport? Sumter could raise its world profile so people know that Greyhound is not the only way to get there and CAE gets more$$ seems like a win win. I suspect Lexington County and more specifically Cayce may be pissed...but Cayce has a nice Welcome to Cayce sign at the airport entrance so those who care know where they are physically

Old 04-07-2017, 10:07 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,844,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I mentioned this in another tread and thought i would advocate for it here. Would it not make sense for sumter to petition to join the CAE airport commission and contribute $ then petition to have the name changed to Columbia Sumter Inter Regional Airport? Sumter could raise its world profile so people know that Greyhound is not the only way to get there and CAE gets more$$ seems like a win win. I suspect Lexington County and more specifically Cayce may be pissed...but Cayce has a nice Welcome to Cayce sign at the airport entrance so those who care know where they are physically
Take out the regional in the name that sounds like a small airport. But Sumter is so far away from the airport. There's about an hour drive between Sumter and the airport. If mccentire were the airport then maybe. It'd be better to call it Columbia-Orangeburg international since that's a 30 minute drive, or Columbia-Lexington international. But I'm all for connecting Sumter to the metro but it's simply too far from the airport for a name change. I wouldn't mind seeing them get a seat though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area