Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:30 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,870,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Good luck to Mr.Benjamin. Sounds like he'll need it.
He will need it. His very first morning as mayor elect and he was in an accident....hit another car. The woman had to be cut out apparently and is in the hospital in critical condition. Rumors are swirling that he stayed out drinking after his big win. Dishonesty may be the least of the citizens worries about this mayor elect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 04:38 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,880,975 times
LOL. This is pretty funny. You don't see Columbians going to the Greenville board and posting or commenting on articles like this (http://www.thestate.com/2010/04/21/1252981/south-financial-group-posts-858.html - broken link), but it's interesting that it's not that way the other way around for some posters. Quite puzzling for folks who think Columbia is such an inferior city. Seems like they'd be keeping up with what's going on in larger cities that they hope to eventually compete with, not cities they don't deem to be on their level.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:52 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,397,354 times
Listen to those rumor mills churn....

I'm almost sorry I started this thread.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:33 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,333,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
LOL. This is pretty funny. You don't see Columbians going to the Greenville board and posting or commenting on articles like this (http://www.thestate.com/2010/04/21/1252981/south-financial-group-posts-858.html - broken link), but it's interesting that it's not that way the other way around for some posters. Quite puzzling for folks who think Columbia is such an inferior city. Seems like they'd be keeping up with what's going on in larger cities that they hope to eventually compete with, not cities they don't deem to be on their level.
You live in Charlotte. Just curious why you are always pulling for Columbia and against the upstate?

Old 04-21-2010, 05:42 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,574,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
He will need it. His very first morning as mayor elect and he was in an accident....hit another car. The woman had to be cut out apparently and is in the hospital in critical condition. Rumors are swirling that he stayed out drinking after his big win. Dishonesty may be the least of the citizens worries about this mayor elect.
Posting rumors and innuendo is typical for Republicans, isn't it? The truth is that he stayed in a downtown hotel last night and had to be at a 6am TV interview. You don't even live in Columbia so why don't you stick to your wonderful Greenvile?

Old 04-21-2010, 05:59 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,870,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Posting rumors and innuendo is typical for Republicans, isn't it? The truth is that he stayed in a downtown hotel last night and had to be at a 6am TV interview. You don't even live in Columbia so why don't you stick to your wonderful Greenvile?

I wouldn't know, since I'm a moderate Democrat. I don't know the poltical affiliation of all who have discussed this story either.

I am interested in politics citywide, statewide, nationwide and follow elections in general in multiple states, multiple cities, even multiple countries.

You must admit, if this is the best Columbia could offer, it is pretty sad, and now with the lady in critical condition..... You may not like it, but it is politics, it is making news (the wreck made national news) and it is who the city you live in elected. I hope for the best of all in Columbia this guy works out OK, but with his past associations, wise people would be smart to proceed with caution.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:12 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,574,477 times
An accident is an accident is an accident, no matter who is involved and it has no affect on his ability to run the city or change my decision to have voted for him.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
You live in Charlotte. Just curious why you are always pulling for Columbia and against the upstate?
Why do you assume that because I'm pro-Columbia that I'm anti-Greenville? That's certainly not the case whatsoever, but I guess in your mind the two must go together. And having disagreements with people from a particular city hardly means that you don't like that city. Greenville, and any other city for that matter, is so much more than a couple of forumers on a message board.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:48 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,333,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Why do you assume that because I'm pro-Columbia that I'm anti-Greenville? That's certainly not the case whatsoever, but I guess in your mind the two must go together. And having disagreements with people from a particular city hardly means that you don't like that city. Greenville, and any other city for that matter, is so much more than a couple of forumers on a message board.
Fair enough, and you are right. I was just curious. Thanks for replying.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I hope for the best of all in Columbia this guy works out OK...
Sure you do. You'd love nothing more than to see just the opposite lotsafun...I mean gsupstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area