Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 04:32 PM

439 posts, read 1,474,869 times

Advertisements

Will be visiting the zoo (from Pittsburgh) the last weeken of the month.
Looking for unique/good places to eat with 3 kids under 10.

Looking for things I can't get or don't have in Pittsburgh.

We will visit the zoo on Saturday, and will stop at the American Girl Doll store (all girls). Will have a few slate hours to kill if there is anything else worth doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 07:50 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,611,567 times
You might look into COSI: they have some neat hands-on science exhibits for kids:

COSI - Home

If you're going to the zoo, you could take swim suits:

Zoombezi Bay Waterpark - Home

As for eating, is Chuck E Cheese's in PA?

Fun for all. Fun for less.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:55 AM

490 posts, read 864,587 times
COSI is a great children's museum. They might like the Scioto Mile downtown (fountains, replica of the Santa Maria).

As for food, it's very touristy, but Schmidt's is a fun place in German Village.
Schmidts

If they like hamburgers, the Thurman Cafe can't be beat. It was featured on Man versus Food. Be prepared to wait if you go at peak hours.
The Tastiest Burgers in Columbus, Ohio | The Thurman Cafe

Not sure if they are sports fans, but the Buckeye Grill has all sorts of OSU-related memorabilia, etc.
Ohio State + Downtown Columbus + Grandview Sports Restaurant | Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill

If they like hot dogs, Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace is great. You can get just about any topping known to man on your hot dog.
Dirty Franks Hot Dog Palace

Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 PM

259 posts, read 428,748 times
Northstar cafe. They have one at Easton, so you won't have to go far out of your way.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:29 AM

146 posts, read 336,150 times
If you are heading to Easton for the American Girl store than I second the Northstar cafe option. Dirty Franks, which is more downtown, is great too. Just be aware it is a smaller restaurant, but the wait is usually worth it if you are looking for some original eats. If you find yourself with some hungry kids up by the zoo, Local Roots in Powell is a great spot. Powell also has Pink Moon Cupcake bakery and a Jeni's Ice Cream, sounds like a winner for 3 girls under 10.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:46 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
How about at Milestone 229 at the Scioto Mile? The restaurant itself may not be as kid-friendly, but they could play in the fountains there.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 AM

12 posts, read 17,459 times
Close to the zoo, I vote for City Barbecue on Powell Rd. with Graeter's ice cream next door. City Barbecue is very good, and has kid's meals. And you can't beat Graeter's ice cream. Jeni's has great grown-up ice cream, but is too pricey IMO for kids.

At Easton, I'd consider Flipside, which is a good burger joint, or Abuelo's for Mexican. Northstar is good organic food, but again it's too under appreciated and pricey for kids. I go to both Northstar and Jeni's, but when I have a babysitter.

You can kill a fair amount of time at Easton, lots of fun stores and good people watching. Otherwise, Columbus has some really nice metroparks, Inniswood Metro Gardens being one of my favorites (and is between the zoo and Easton).

Old 06-14-2013, 12:24 AM

107 posts, read 217,166 times
At Easton, you could go to Piada. It's like a Chipotle restaurant - only with spaghetti. Your kids could get a bowl of spaghetti and then choose whatever they want on top. Piada has a choice of spaghetti sauces and cheeses - and then all kinds of other toppings - tomato, mushrooms, olives, cucumber, artichokes, eggplant, etc. Drinks include typical sodas and tea. (I like their peach tea.)
The Piada at Easton has a seating area that is outside, but has a roof over the area. (There is also seating inside.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus