Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 08:56 AM

64 posts, read 123,730 times

Advertisements

Hello. Looking for information and thoughts about Minerva Park as a place for a young family with kids approaching school-age. We live in Clintonville/Beechwold now and I love the character of our house but not its small size. I have heard some nice things about Minerva Park from a few folks and know someone who has just moved there from our area and likes it. There are some larger homes there (when I say large I mean anything over 1600 sq ft) that have been coming on the market and I feel like it might be worth us taking a look. The neighborhood ticks a lot of boxes for me: close-knit, seems safe within its borders due to the on-site police dept, attractive layout, trees, older homes that are well-kept, community pool and elementary school on-site. Oh, and very affordable. Also, it's close to my husband's work in New Albany and it is Westerville schools which are still an improvement from Columbus City Schools where we are now (though yes, I know the elementaries in Clintonville are very good). Does anyone know anything about the elementary school there in Minerva Park? I believe it's Hawthorne?

I realize that the neighborhood is a pocket surrounded by some blight, but then again there are lots of places like that around Columbus. My nice neighborhood borders some not-so-nice ones right now. But I would like to hear thoughts about this. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 05:39 PM

8,522 posts, read 6,945,857 times
Remember Minerva Park back in the 90's when I had an insurance job and had to do residential inspections. Seemed like a nice place, older homes with large lots and a lot of mature trees. Even then it was in a not so good area of Columbus. Maybe someone with more current impressions can add their two cents worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus