Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 01:44 PM

4,520 posts, read 5,091,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin183 View Post
Ok, so do you also want to erase any references to Martin Luther King since he watched and smiled while a girl was raped?
Huh!? ... er, OK... Just sit down and relax, the men and women in white suits will be along shortly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 04:00 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Just as I thought.

You favor allowing neo Confederates and their sympathizers (including Trump) to impose their "Lost Cause" distortion of historical reality on Americans and force us to honor traitors who precipitated a war OVER SLAVERY that resulted in a death toll higher than all other American wars COMBINED (according to modern death estimates), even though the population of the nation was only 35 million. Disgusting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
You lose credibility with me when you state Trump is a neo Nazi sympathizer. Total rubbish.
I said Trump was a neo-Confederate sympathizer. This is clearly true given his defense of Confederate monuments and his support for the continued naming of military bases and assets for Confederate leaders, a position that reportedly will be rejected by Congress, even if overriding a veto is necessary.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-fr...-to-divide-us/

Quote:
He’s helped more Black people in four years along with other minorities more than our black president of eight years.
You obviously believe Trump's Big Lie propaganda. Even if you believe Trump's ridiculously false claim that he has done "everything right" during the COVID-19 epidemic, it has been a disaster for African Americans.

<<Trump’s claim is particularly brazen given his history of racist dog whistles, his call for the death penalty for the unjustly convicted Central Park Five, the accusations of racial discrimination in his real estate dealings, his praise of marchers at the white nationalist demonstration in Charlottesville and his recent threats to call in the military to subdue the protests over George Floyd’s killing. Instead of speaking up in favor of racial justice during this week’s demonstrations, Trump has been railing at “killers, terrorists, arsonists, anarchists, thugs, hoodlums, looters, ANTIFA & others.”>>

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ican-americans

African American unemployment now is back to the levels of at the end of the Great Recession.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS14000006

Trump's legacy for African American includes disproportionate COVID-19 deaths, mounting homelessness and greatly increased food insecurity.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...19-coronavirus

Trump has fought Medicaid expansion and the Affordable Care Act.

Quote:
People can’t put their hate aside for Trump no matter what. I happen to think his policies were very good and we had the best economy in my entire life four months ago.
Trump is the most hateful President in modern American history, yet his supporters like to view him as a victim of others' deserved dislike of the deceitful, incompetent buffoon. Trump blocks Constitutional oversight of the House because they hate him. What incredible baloney. Hate is a two-edged sword and Trump's argument that he doesn't hate is preposterous.

The American COVID-19 catastrophe is directly the result of Trump's incompetence and mismanagement, even his "magic think" and blinding egotism. You can separate the last year of the Trump administration from the first three. He owns the COVID-19 epidemic and the resulting economic disaster.

The argument that Trump was well managing the economy before the COVID-19 epidemic is very flawed as the U.S. was riding a massive expansion of debt, including a disastrous $1 trillion pre-COVID, peacetime federal budget deficit, which now likely will be a mind-numbing $4-6 trillion.

Quote:
You basically are taking away history for half the nation. Is that right? Are we supposed to pretend slavery didn’t exist now that the statues are gone? I just don’t get it. I’ll just agree to disagree I guess
So you're arguing that the Confederate monuments celebrating Confederate generals and political leaders are anti-slavery monuments???

Old 07-12-2020, 01:01 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times
Default Important correction to post 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
The American COVID-19 catastrophe is directly the result of Trump's incompetence and mismanagement, even his "magic think" and blinding egotism. You can separate the last year of the Trump administration from the first three. He owns the COVID-19 epidemic and the resulting economic disaster.
Should be:

The American COVID-19 catastrophe is directly the result of Trump's incompetence and mismanagement, even his "magic think" and blinding egotism. You can NOT separate the last year of the Trump administration from the first three. He owns the COVID-19 epidemic and the resulting economic disaster.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:29 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,108 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=GUADdBXqLkI

I can’t say it better than him^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus