Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 12:55 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,849,400 times

Advertisements

but I'm getting sick of the updates that just seem to make everything more complicated, rather than less so. The new itunes is awful and I'm getting where I just stay off of it anymore b/c it's so difficult to figure out. Why do they not put these updates thru the grandma test? I know I'm not the only one b/c I've talked to a lot of people who hate it and no one who loves it.

Then I put the update on my iphone and it wants my apple ID, which I do know btw, but it won't take it so when I put in a request to change it and it says that I'm putting in the wrong birthdate (no I haven't forgotten my birthday) so I request it sent it to my email and it never arrives, even though my email matches the one they have there. I'm frustrated enough to scream. I did bypass that part of putting in my apple ID but it says that I can't use it to the fullest extent. Why do they just keep making it harder and harder? Anyone else having the same troubles?

I'm getting to the point where when they offer an update I just want to ignore it, but I know that's not good either and I can't put the newest update on my computer anyway now b/c I can't figure out how to quit itunes. I can't shrink the screen away enough to find the place where I can do that because the "shrink screen" buttons have disappeared--can't toggle it around b/c it won't drag. Can't do anything as long as the screen is up but as soon as I go out of it to something else, the "quit itunes" logo disappears. Is something more wrong with the computer or the user? (I used to be able to do these things but can't now after the itunes update.) Oh yeah, and now I have a job that is taking almost all of my time so I really don't have time to go look all of this stuff up and figure it all out--it's all I can do to keep my head above water as it is. And I guess the real question is, why should I have to? Why would they make it so you have to keep learning everything new again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 05:47 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,880,311 times
Steve Jobs is dead........ hence quality control has slipped, but then the alternative is still much worse.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:50 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,226,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Steve Jobs is dead........ hence quality control has slipped, but then the alternative is still much worse.
You're forgetting about Windows. Which may be only slightly better than Mac at the moment but not enough to be meaningful.

But, yes, most the other alternatives (linux, etc) are horrible for home use.

I don't see how the OPs complaint has to do with the passing of Steve Jobs.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 PM

350 posts, read 711,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
The new itunes is awful
I find this very hard to believe. How can something awful be made even more awful?

Old 09-22-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwashed_in_church View Post
I find this very hard to believe. How can something awful be made even more awful?
You could make it require Quicktime as a dependency.... Oh wait...

Old 09-22-2013, 08:20 PM

15,462 posts, read 25,906,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwashed_in_church View Post
They're always trying to improve (make it more awful) things. Looks like they succeeded.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:49 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,849,400 times
LOL, thanks for listening guys. Yes I'm frustrated. I just don't get why they have to keep tinkering with something when it works. Itunes was fine and now it's stupid.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:58 PM

I'll be honest. I don't touch iTunes. I used it when I had to... but no more.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:14 PM

23,656 posts, read 70,678,985 times
I wonder why I kept all my old disks and CDs for DOS, Win 3.1, 95, 98, XP... Oh wait. Nevermind.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:21 PM

20,318 posts, read 37,316,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I'll be honest. I don't touch iTunes. I used it when I had to... but no more.
Same here, although I don't find iTunes very difficult to use. I mostly use it to download specific songs and then burn a CD or two to listen as I drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers