Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:58 AM

6 posts, read 9,804 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,
my card amd radeon hd 7750..
i want to dual monitor (not clone)..
the 2nd mon i use converter dvi-d to vga, but its like not connected..

is it true amd cannot dual monitor? or cannot use converter?

#already instal driver card
#monitor samsung s19c150 (use power)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 09:22 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,672,053 times
You don't say what OS you are using, or what you've actually tried ... but here's the basics on setting up dual monitors in Windows.

Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307873http://
Windows 7 (Vista will be similar): Guided Help: Dual monitor setup is easy in Windows 7!

Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 AM

sorry, i forgot,
i use win8 , and i know where to detect..but i think the problem on converter..because can't detect

i googling, sometimes say (cannot use converter)
anyway, any idea? or i can use hdmi?

Old 10-14-2013, 12:15 PM

455 posts, read 899,332 times
You need a DVI-I to VGA connector. You can pick one up for about 5 bucks on Amazon.

DVI-I = Integrated (analog & digital. You will see the 4 analog pins above and below the flat blade part)
DVI-D = Digital. Useless because your monitor needs an analog input for its VGA connector.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:27 PM

Also, you could use HDMI assuming your monitor has an HDMI input. Either way will work, but you might as well go HDMI. Better than analog.

So, assuming your other monitor has a DVI input, use your DVI output to go to that monitor, and your HDMI output to your second monitor. Or vice versa, doesn't matter.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:04 AM

sorry i didnt understand with "DVI-D = Digital. Useless because your monitor needs an analog input for its VGA connector."

my 1st monitor and 2nd is the same type
and didnt have hdmi..only vga

so if i have the vga to dvi-d it will works?

because my pc only have , vga (for 1st monitor), 2 dvi-d , hdmi

ok i try to find that cable..thx so much everyone..

Old 10-17-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reminiscence View Post
sorry i didnt understand with "DVI-D = Digital. Useless because your monitor needs an analog input for its VGA connector."

my 1st monitor and 2nd is the same type
and didnt have hdmi..only vga

so if i have the vga to dvi-d it will works?

because my pc only have , vga (for 1st monitor), 2 dvi-d , hdmi

ok i try to find that cable..thx so much everyone..
No. VGA is analog, so you need an analog signal, which DVI-D will NOT give you, because it's just for digital.

Get a DVI-I to VGA adapter if all you have are vga inputs.

Also, it looks like you're running your 1st monitor from your motherboard's VGA port, since your graphics card has no VGA out. You might run into problems running a second monitor from your actual discreet graphics card. If I were you, I'd just get two DVI-I to VGA adapters and run both your monitors off your Radeon.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:13 PM

first, sorry im very newbie about computers, sorry to ask a lot (maybe make you little anger because i cannot understand lol)

my pc didnt hv dvi-i, only dvi-d..
so why i need cabble vga to dvi-i ?

i have one vga-dvi-i cabble because i didnt know my pc hv diff dvi which means dvi-d..

sorry if i too newbie (and bad english)..
and thx for helping me so far..

Old 10-18-2013, 07:22 AM

How do you know your card's DVI port is only DVI-D and not DVI-I? In general, these ports are always integrated so you have the option of running an analog signal with it.

Can you link to your exact graphics card? This will be something like Saphire or MSI Radeon hd 7750. You can find technical specifications on it and it will tell you for sure whether your DVI port is I or D.

In any scenario, though, you will simply not be able to use a DVI-D to VGA adapter on a monitor's VGA port because there are no pins for the analog signal, which is why you'd need a DVI-I. I'm betting that your Radeon's DVI port is DVI-I and is able to pass an analog signal. If that's the case, then you would need a DVI-I to VGA cable/adapter.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:34 AM

ofcourse i know my port is dvi-d..because i buy dvi-i cable first (didnt realize my port different)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nbvid6cyr...%2034%20PM.jpg

my another plan is , buy new monitor which use hdmi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers