Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 06:34 AM

16,699 posts, read 15,697,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
So google chrome is a better browser than internet explorer. I was just saying that google is more up to date with the software updates than windows is. Windows explorer should of just downloaded and installed the new file so it would of worked like chrome did with no issues. I figured that micorsoft would of been ahead of google that all.
You need to read the replies carefully. This issue has nothing to do with the quality of the browsers or the timeliness of the browser updates. It only has to do with Adobe. Chrome is not better than IE; just different, with different pluses and minuses. Windows explorer is not even at issue here. Internet Explorer is. You are expecting Microsoft to solve Adobe's problem. I don't think that will happen.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:31 AM

258 posts, read 443,437 times
No actually the 32 bit version was already installed and working before the update. I had to manually tell the computer to use that one, instead of the 64 bit which is also installed. Microsoft had not updated their windows explorer to do this automatically like google had. So google was doing the work for the consumer, and microsoft was not.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:51 AM

16,699 posts, read 15,697,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
No actually the 32 bit version was already installed and working before the update. I had to manually tell the computer to use that one, instead of the 64 bit which is also installed. Microsoft had not updated their windows explorer to do this automatically like google had. So google was doing the work for the consumer, and microsoft was not.
Sorry you don't get it. I give up.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:23 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,950,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Sorry you don't get it. I give up.

I understand what you are saying. I have 4 computers in the house. Windows 7 is the only one that has the issue. I have a 64 bit system with vista on it, and it had no issues with the abode download. It works great with fancast, hulu, etc. To resolve the issue to get the download with 64 bit window 7 system I had to install google to get it to download. I just went into program files, and clicked on 32 bit windows explorer and made a short cut with it so if I need to use those programs I just use 32 bit windows, instead of 64bit window explorer. Have not tried uninstalling abode first then reloading with 64 bit explorer up to see if that works. I read in microsoft formum that is what needs to be done to make it work properly. Just seems to me tons of hassle to get abode to work on windows 7 which is supposed to be the new fix to vista. Seems like to me vista handled this with no issues. So it is a microsoft issue, and not a abode issue in my opion. Microsoft has not updated the interet explorer on window 7 64 bit yet to run properly with the download abode has come out with.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:40 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,468,264 times
How many user names does this clown have?

Old 11-30-2009, 11:36 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,675,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
I understand what you are saying. I have 4 computers in the house. Windows 7 is the only one that has the issue. I have a 64 bit system with vista on it, and it had no issues with the abode download. It works great with fancast, hulu, etc. To resolve the issue to get the download with 64 bit window 7 system I had to install google to get it to download. I just went into program files, and clicked on 32 bit windows explorer and made a short cut with it so if I need to use those programs I just use 32 bit windows, instead of 64bit window explorer. Have not tried uninstalling abode first then reloading with 64 bit explorer up to see if that works. I read in microsoft formum that is what needs to be done to make it work properly. Just seems to me tons of hassle to get abode to work on windows 7 which is supposed to be the new fix to vista. Seems like to me vista handled this with no issues. So it is a microsoft issue, and not a abode issue in my opion. Microsoft has not updated the interet explorer on window 7 64 bit yet to run properly with the download abode has come out with.
It is NOT Microsoft's problem that the Adobe Flash Player does not work on the 64-bit "Internet Explorer", it is Adobe's problem and they acknowledge it:

Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems

Adobe is concentrating on version 10.1 to be released in first half of 2010; however, this is also a 32-bit version. They will work on a 64-bit version after they finish 10.1. Currently, there is NO 64-bit Adobe Flash Player for PC systems except for Linux.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:39 AM

2,171 posts, read 7,666,838 times
Thread is closed. Going nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers