Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 12:29 AM

258 posts, read 443,164 times

Advertisements

Hello all Abode just recently updated the flash player. I was having issues downloading the new software while using internet explorer. Kept telling me that I needed to use a 32 bit explorer because abode had not updated for 64 bit explorer yet. I figured out a very quick fix if needed. You just download google chrome, and it will let you download then new abode flash player update. Then abode flash player will work fine in google chrome or window explorer browser.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:57 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,441,334 times
Adobe doesn't make a Flash Player for IE64. You'll have to use the 32 bit version of IE if you want to use Flash with IE.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:02 AM

All I did was download google chrome, and then downloaded the new abode flash player. I made no adjustments to the computer itself. Flash player now works fine with google chrome or internet explorer. Would not download with internet explorer.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:06 AM

I don't know what you're doing, but you're not running it on IE64.

Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems

Old 11-30-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I don't know what you're doing, but you're not running it on IE64.

Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems

Yes, I just figured it out. I was using the 32 bit. Just tried the 64 bit and does not work with the flash player. I went into /c and clicked on program files (86) and brought up internet explorer. Then went back, and clicked on regular progam files. I tried internet explorer, and programs that need abode flash player say the download update is still needed. So easiest thing to do is downoad google chrome, and use it as your browser I guess when using hulu or fancast to watch television on the computer. It was working fine until just recently. What made abode change it so it would not work with 64 bit systems. HMMM go figure. Hope they get a fix in the works soon. Makes you think about the apple commercial where the windows dude goes windows 7 got it right this time. I was loving windows 7 until stupid stuff like this starting to happen. Guess it will be like all the other windows, time will fix it eventually

Old 11-30-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
Yes, I just figured it out. I was using the 32 bit. Just tried the 64 bit and does not work with the flash player. I went into /c and clicked on program files (86) and brought up internet explorer. Then went back, and clicked on regular progam files. I tried internet explorer, and programs that need abode flash player say the download update is still needed. So easiest thing to do is downoad google chrome, and use it as your browser I guess when using hulu or fancast to watch television on the computer. It was working fine until just recently. What made abode change it so it would not work with 64 bit systems. HMMM go figure. Hope they get a fix in the works soon. Makes you think about the apple commercial where the windows dude goes windows 7 got it right this time. I was loving windows 7 until stupid stuff like this starting to happen. Guess it will be like all the other windows, time will fix it eventually

Yeah, blame Microsoft for Adobe not making a 64 bit Flash player.

Adobe simply doesn't make a Flash for IE64. They never have. Therefore, it never could have worked as it has never existed. Whatever you think used to work wasn't Flash in IE64.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:38 AM

So why can't it download with interet explorer, but abode flash downloaded fine with google chrome. That is a windows issue, if you can not get your updates properly without having to into program files everytime to make the download work. What a hassle. My fancast was working fine just 2 or 3 days ago. Tried it earlier this evening, and said I need to download the new abobe flash player. It would not download with windows came up with Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems window. So I downloaded google chrome, and it download with no problem. So it was probably running in 32 bit before this all happened. My question is why isn't windows up to date with other software updates, but google is. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Old 11-30-2009, 01:45 AM

Quote:
So why can't it download with interet explorer, but abode flash downloaded fine with google chrome. That is a windows issue, if you can not get your updates properly without having to into program files everytime to make the download work. What a hassle. My fancast was working fine just 2 or 3 days ago. Tried it earlier this evening, and said I need to download the new abobe flash player. It would not download with windows came up with Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems window. So I downloaded google chrome, and it download with no problem. So it was probably running in 32 bit before this all happened. My question is why isn't windows up to date with other software updates, but google is. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Read carefully: Adobe makes the Adobe Flash Player. They make it for the browsers and operating systems of their choosing. They do not at this time make a Flash Player for 64 bit Internet Explorer. They do support 32 bit Internet Explorer as well as other non-Microsoft browsers. Installing Flash in Chrome doesn't install it in IE64 because IE64 isn't supported. There is no way to install or run Flash in IE64 until Adobe releases it. Why do you keep blaming Microsoft for Adobe's failure to write a plug-in for IE64?

Old 11-30-2009, 01:50 AM

So google chrome is a better browser than internet explorer. I was just saying that google is more up to date with the software updates than windows is. Windows explorer should of just downloaded and installed the new file so it would of worked like chrome did with no issues. I figured that micorsoft would of been ahead of google that all.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:28 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,986,926 times
Quote:
So google chrome is a better browser than internet explorer. I was just saying that google is more up to date with the software updates than windows is. Windows explorer should of just downloaded and installed the new file so it would of worked like chrome did with no issues. I figured that micorsoft would of been ahead of google that all.
Why should Microsoft concern itself with installing 3rd party add-ons? That is the job of the add-on provider. Your solution of installing chrome worked, but it was not the proper solution. As stated you just needed to use your 32 bit version of IE to install flash, no need at all to install a new browser to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers