Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 04:13 PM

74 posts, read 299,815 times

Advertisements

Super cool response! Yay for you!

Right around Napa Auto, around 1300 maybe, is sketchy TO ME. I said past Trumbull street, which is *after* Audubon in the direction I was speaking of, is inclusive of the area I think is great... Goodfellas, Modern, yeah, yeah, I know where and what I'm talking about.

All I'm here to do is help posters if I can. Not give snarky retorts to differing opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 07:03 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,870,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTNYCT View Post
Super cool response! Yay for you!

Right around Napa Auto, around 1300 maybe, is sketchy TO ME. I said past Trumbull street, which is *after* Audubon in the direction I was speaking of, is inclusive of the area I think is great... Goodfellas, Modern, yeah, yeah, I know where and what I'm talking about.

All I'm here to do is help posters if I can. Not give snarky retorts to differing opinions.
Agree.
Heading toward Hamden it absolutely gets very sketchy in a hurry.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:41 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTNYCT View Post
The OP was asking about the area by 669 State Street. Not north State Street going into Hamden. I would agree once you pass under 91 it gets sketchy, but that's not the area in question.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:42 PM

720 posts, read 1,710,003 times
My daughter used to take a bus from Derby to New Haven when she worked at a bank near the courthouse----I'm sure there are other stops, hers got off right on the green.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 PM

158 posts, read 199,128 times
Default State St is fine

That 669 State St by Audobon St, that entire area is PERFECTLY fine.
That is on the edge of downtown and is a quick 2 - 3 block walk from the small station "State Street Station" which some of the Metro North trains stop at. She can walk it fine. That walk would pass several restaurants and WTNH TV studios. It's only fault it is not in the busier part of downtown so it is not where all the restaurants/stores are.
If she does take Metro North she should do that station as opposed to the main "Union Station." That makes a longer walk and while not unsafe, she might feel uncomfortable under a highway over pass, more desolate, etc.

If she takes that CT Transit bus down RT 34, I'm just not sure how long it takes with all the stops and it probably goes by the New Haven Green. If you can deal with the bus times, any walk from that bus by the Green will also be fine to 669 State. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut