Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:50 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
If you want to completely impress her on the first date, go to any of the following:

Ibiza
Barcelona (a bit loud though)
Bespoke
Zinc
Heirloom
Pacifico

Some slightly more casual, but still cool date spot options:

Caseus
Bar
Kitchen Zinc
Oaxaca Kitchen
Bentara
Miya's Sushi (a bit bright inside, but a hip vibe)

I'd say Union League Cafe, but it feels like an old money Yale place and is more formal. And very expensive. The above places are more hip and stylish.
It's Caseus. She's been there, but I've never been there.

Just two months ago I went to the peabody and stood outside Caseus, looking at the bustling eating scene and the smell of brunch. I didn't even think for one second my life would turn around and I'd be dating a new woman and that it would be inside Caseus. And I had been wanting to go there since. That's just life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 11:57 AM

576 posts, read 1,219,512 times
thank god im born gay hahahaha

Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
i recently split with gf of 4 years! DATING IS HORRIBLE AND EXPENSIVE!!!!! Ive gone on about 10 dates in 2 months and the 2 girls ive actually been into were a one night stand in newport and a girl who lives in boston.
Sorry about the split. I was in the same situation. But for me, it was terrible in the beginning. But now I'm feeling this amazing sense of mental and psychological release. My mind was pressed for far too long, and some days back I woke up, made coffee and looked through the window, the sun was shining pretty and the day was beautiful and there was is brand NEW sense of hope that all my prevailing fears of the future got scorched in a massive pyre.

There was a new sense of invigoration that all my future dreams were about to come true, both personally and professionally.

My workout times have increased. My early morning efficiency has increased. I go to bed and sleep really well. And I'm hanging out in the outside world, without the sense of coming back home and attending on someone. The best indicator is what people tell me. My coworker said she noticed a new spark in my personality. I feel like I have been rebooted.

And the best...... I have peace of mind. At last But the feeling of lost love still prevails, but it is subsiding over time. It was miserable last month, not so much now. And as I speak to these women and hit it off, she fades from my memories.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Avalon View Post
thank god im born gay hahahaha
Wait, you guys never split

Old 08-26-2011, 12:09 PM

754 posts, read 1,018,806 times
We kinda split out of the blue in late March. One of the hardest times of my life. I have my good days and bad days. With some dates I forget her and then theres others where i come home missing her. I know what you mean about a bounce in your step. Although sometimes its there and then sometimes it isnt. I think I miss the simple things like making dinner together or just watching tv in bed. Mornings were the hardest and still are sometimes. I guess Im doing one day at a time trying to find "the one" again. Hopefully this time i get it right.

In a way, meeting new girls can be like getting drunk (after getting out of a relationship) sometimes its feels amazing and fun but in the morning when you awake reality comes back and like being drunk you still feel like *****.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:12 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Here's one for you fellas to play around. I signed up for some dating websites and have been hitting it off great with the women. There's one in Waterford I'm meeting Saturday, that must end prior to 2pm so I can get to another in the city.

What kind of place is Waterford, I understand it's up north and are the girls from interior CT quite country?? It's too long for me to drive, but she was gracious to suggest she'd come to New Haven and I'd go to New Haven too, hoping Irene doesn't sabotage metro north.

I've hung around with women from the South. No experience whatsoever with northern women. Any to do items from you experienced pros will be most welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
If you want to completely impress her on the first date, go to any of the following:

Ibiza
Barcelona (a bit loud though)
Bespoke
Zinc
Heirloom
Pacifico

Some slightly more casual, but still cool date spot options:

Caseus
Bar
Kitchen Zinc
Oaxaca Kitchen
Bentara
Miya's Sushi (a bit bright inside, but a hip vibe)

I'd say Union League Cafe, but it feels like an old money Yale place and is more formal. And very expensive. The above places are more hip and stylish.
Can girls respond to this thread? Eh, I will anyway.

I'm a VERY Northern girl. Originally from Montreal, six years in CT, now in MA.

I don't think North, South, East, or West makes a difference. Just like with any "type" of people (be it by location, color, religion, etc...), you'll always have a few bad apples among a whole slew of fabulous ones.

As far as impressing her, though, I've got to tell you something. This is coming from a 46-year old woman who has had her share of life experiences.

A cool, hip, expensive place won't impress her. Maybe she'll be impressed by the place, but it won't make her like YOU any better. I'm not saying that you should bring her to McDonald's, but sometimes a picnic (that you prepared) on the beach or just a trip to an ice cream place is better than a hoity-toity "I don't know which fork to use!" kind of place.

Be nice... but not sickeningly so.
Be charming... but not smarmy.
Be funny... we love to laugh.
Be a gentleman... but not prim and prissy.
Be true to who you are. There's nothing like, months down the road, learning how the REAL guy is and wondering how he was able to put on that act for so long.

Have fun!

Old 08-26-2011, 12:12 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Quote:
We kinda split out of the blue in late March. One of the hardest times of my life. I have my good days and bad days. With some dates I forget her and then theres others where i come home missing her. I know what you mean about a bounce in your step. Although sometimes its there and then sometimes it isnt. I think I miss the simple things like making dinner together or just watching tv in bed. Mornings were the hardest and still are sometimes. I guess Im doing one day at a time trying to find "the one" again. Hopefully this time i get it right.

In a way, meeting new girls can be like getting drunk (after getting out of a relationship) sometimes its feels amazing and fun but in the morning when you awake reality comes back and like being drunk you still feel like *****.
Been there a few times. It takes a while, but eventually you won't care AT ALL anymore and might even wonder why the hell you did in the first place.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
That's a tough one, man. I went through that phase immediately after the split.

But know this, a man's life is like a book. All these instances are pages. Your page has turned and you have a new white page to write on. Take your quill and keep going.... you don't necessarily have to waste time on past pages with so many white pages left to write

Keep the faith and don't lose heart. There's a million women on earth.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 PM

754 posts, read 1,018,806 times
Thanks bro! Yeah she has been very cold through the whole thing which makes it harder. She basically lived with me so everywhere i looked reminded me of her and still does.

The girl from Newport I actually hooked up with last weekend. We texted a bit day after and she said if i ever am in newport to let her know. Im thinking one more trip in September might be worth it. But then again it was a one night stand so its tough on wether to leave it at that or go for round 2.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks bro! Yeah she has been very cold through the whole thing which makes it harder. She basically lived with me so everywhere i looked reminded me of her and still does.

The girl from Newport I actually hooked up with last weekend. We texted a bit day after and she said if i ever am in newport to let her know. Im thinking one more trip in September might be worth it. But then again it was a one night stand so its tough on wether to leave it at that or go for round 2.
Go out and enjoy if it will help heal.

Perhaps it's time to put "Mixum" on top of Mixum's priorities, rather than living for someone else's whim. Food for thought.

You are like an equity. You invest in yourself, you grow The moment you give out a ton of preferred stock, they control you LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut