Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:27 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,924,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
My guess is this gestapo police officer approached her aggressively (not uncommon for female officers for some reason),
So true; my wife was stopped by a Hartford cop, you know, the Martina Navratilova type on roids? Supreme *itch, stopped my wife cause she turned left at a green light! She hesitated a nano second after the left green arrow went away then turned...Big *itch, big attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 11:30 AM

12 posts, read 12,549 times
I was watching on the news, the reaction to the case of the NY cops who got mixed up with the parade. The police have a special place in the society and inspite of so many instances of brutality, we still hold them to a high standard of behaviour and expect them to be fair in dealing with the public. It is because we want to feel protected. It is sad when this basic trust is broken and worse when some sort of prejudice plays a part in it.

JV, 'extra harsh' because when the identity of the person was proven and one database did not help, considering that it was a state official, a bit more effort on the part of the police was absent. Plus they seem to have contributed to the ugly situation.

Especially if there are slip ups all around, isn't a person innocent until proven guilty?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:52 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
As I read this, the ;police are saying they (3 officers) did offer her a ride but she refused. Nappier says they did not make the offer. Someone is not telling the truth. That said, doesn't she have a cell phone? Is there not someone who could have come and picked her up? Sounds fishy to me. Jay

Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,924,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
As I read this, the ;police are saying they (3 officers) did offer her a ride but she refused. Nappier says they did not make the offer. Someone is not telling the truth. That said, doesn't she have a cell phone? Is there not someone who could have come and picked her up? Sounds fishy to me. Jay
True enough, but it was very early in the morning and she probably thought it to be embarrasing to have to call someone for a ride for such a ridiculous thing.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:09 PM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
True enough, but it was very early in the morning and she probably thought it to be embarrasing to have to call someone for a ride for such a ridiculous thing.
I do see where Jay is coming from. There are also taxi companies.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:31 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times
It sounds like cops were being cops. I have some doubts it was because Nappier is black. Many cops are d*cks to everyone.

The last time I was stopped it was by an African American female officer... and she couldn't have been nicer.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:26 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,870,070 times
Quote:
My guess is this gestapo police officer approached her aggressively (not uncommon for female officers for some reason), Nappier was taken back and they had words. Things escalated from there.
My guess is that Nappier blocked the officer's cruiser. And Nappier was driving.............................. A Crown Vic. The "cop's" car. Trying to make like your equal to a cop is not a really good idea.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:32 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,838,473 times
I've read the news stories and most of the comments here. To me it comes down to one detail and that is did Denise have the number "4" license plate in her possession at the time and show that to the police? If she did everything is moot and the police were out of line.

It may not be public common knowledge, but the license plate numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 are reserved for top elected officials in order of rank. So, number "1" would be Governor, "2" Vice governor, etc. The police of all people should know this.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:33 PM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
My guess is that Nappier blocked the officer's cruiser. And Nappier was driving.............................. A Crown Vic. The "cop's" car. Trying to make like your equal to a cop is not a really good idea.
She "blocked" the officers cruiser? How'd you come up with that? I don't see any evidence that she blocked anyone in.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:41 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,870,070 times
Quote:
She "blocked" the officers cruiser? How'd you come up with that? I don't see any evidence that she blocked anyone in.
That's what the incident report claims: "WE THE PEOPLE": YOU ASKED FOR IT, HERE IT IS.....THE NAPPIER INCIDENT REPORT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut