Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:02 AM

633 posts, read 1,644,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastyc6 View Post
REALLY??????

I saw on the business news and I read that CT was one of the top taxed states. Bloomberg's (a very substantial and honest business news corporation) ranks it #1. Sorry if you read backwards; otherwise this is a blatant misconception: especially for a moderator.

By the way everything is expensive here and as said before I lived and relocated numerous times with the Coast Guard so I should be somewhat informant.

The Most and Least Taxing States to Live and Retire In - Yahoo! Finance

I think it means how the area and the transqulity that affect our emotions... if we were to put the materialistic things on the side that be a whole different story ... Since I am not a very materialistic person I should be happy and healthy in Connecticut, money is not everything. Long as not too much or too little...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 10:57 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,910,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastyc6 View Post
REALLY??????

I saw on the business news and I read that CT was one of the top taxed states. Bloomberg's (a very substantial and honest business news corporation) ranks it #1. Sorry if you read backwards; otherwise this is a blatant misconception: especially for a moderator.

By the way everything is expensive here and as said before I lived and relocated numerous times with the Coast Guard so I should be somewhat informant.

The Most and Least Taxing States to Live and Retire In - Yahoo! Finance
This article does not make sense. If Connecticut's income tax rate is lower than NJ and the sales tax rate is lower than NJ and our per capita taxes are lower, how can we be rated higher??? In Connecticut we do not pay any county level taxes. Comparable homes in CT in comparable towns have much lower property taxes than NJ, so how can some article say CT is more expensive. The logic just is not there. Jay

Old 11-25-2011, 03:19 AM

168 posts, read 275,366 times
Hey Baking Soda man, this guy served the U.S. milatary for 25 years. As a captain I am sure he could of made 3 times his salary. Why don't you thank him.

By the way if you are not materialistic why do you have a computer? You must be Amish sodium bicarbanate????

JayCT they usually have us 3rd or 2nd and you did say wee were the least taxed state: as Judge Judy would say "liar, liar pants on fire." I do agree a blantant misconception. However, this is Bloomberg's and I also saw something close in WSJ. It isn't the NY Tmes (Carlos Slims new paper).

Old 11-25-2011, 05:25 AM

633 posts, read 1,644,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfman View Post
Hey Baking Soda man, this guy served the U.S. milatary for 25 years. As a captain I am sure he could of made 3 times his salary. Why don't you thank him.

By the way if you are not materialistic why do you have a computer? You must be Amish sodium bicarbanate????
Hahahaha Boy dont get smart with me LOl I said long as it's not too low or too much... Figure that one out. Yes I do have a computer, but really... how I spend on this computer or whatever or what I can afford... Some people have to have it, and me I'm not that person I can be realistic and not whine about it.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfman View Post
JayCT they usually have us 3rd or 2nd and you did say wee were the least taxed state: as Judge Judy would say "liar, liar pants on fire." I do agree a blantant misconception. However, this is Bloomberg's and I also saw something close in WSJ. It isn't the NY Tmes (Carlos Slims new paper).
Here is a link to what I was referencing

CT News Junkie | Report: CT Business Taxes Lowest of Any State

Jay

Old 11-25-2011, 07:56 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,189,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
This article does not make sense. If Connecticut's income tax rate is lower than NJ and the sales tax rate is lower than NJ and our per capita taxes are lower, how can we be rated higher??? In Connecticut we do not pay any county level taxes. Comparable homes in CT in comparable towns have much lower property taxes than NJ, so how can some article say CT is more expensive. The logic just is not there. Jay
Because NJ doesn't nickle and dime the way CT does. And even if NJ is taxed higher, you think that makes CT look good?

That article you posted is what I like to call "head in sand". Sorry.

Last edited by kidyankee764; 11-25-2011 at 08:38 AM..

Old 11-26-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Because NJ doesn't nickle and dime the way CT does. And even if NJ is taxed higher, you think that makes CT look good?

NJ doesn't Nickel and dime you??? Have you ever lived in NJ? I did and have friends that do. Talk about everything costing you something. Jay

Old 11-26-2011, 10:35 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,189,915 times
Quote:
NJ doesn't Nickel and dime you??? Have you ever lived in NJ? I did and have friends that do. Talk about everything costing you something. Jay
And how is CT any different?

Old 11-27-2011, 07:12 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,001,555 times
Quote:
Here is a link to what I was referencing

CT News Junkie | Report: CT Business Taxes Lowest of Any State

Jay
So as usual here, if you are huge business, big money, big labor or big government or supported/involved with any of the above you are fine. Joe Sixpack can just live in a city with lots of crime, crumbling infrastructure, bad schools, dirty streets, high taxes etc because he is involved with non of the above.

Quote:

It's like an ugly woman pageant. It doesn't matter who wins everyone is still butt ugly.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
And how is CT any different?
You were the one who said that NJ doesn't nickel and dime you even though it does. You and JViello are correct that it does not make it good but like I said the rating is questionable. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut