Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:02 AM

262 posts, read 302,767 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or plans or blueprints or something of the stadium that was gonna be built for the Patriots back in 1999, Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 08:05 AM

1,219 posts, read 4,224,716 times
I don't know of any, I think that place only existed in Fantasy Land...

Old 02-18-2008, 08:07 AM

262 posts, read 302,767 times
well iv found this one picture so im sure they could be more

Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 AM
hfd

47 posts, read 247,327 times
Fantasy Land? I hope you are joking if not you were clearly living under a rock.
Robert Kraft, the owner of the Patriots came to Hartford and signed an agreement at the State Capitol to move the team here. There were designs and drawings and season tickets sold. In fact, the corporate response to the team moving was nothing short of impressive. They sold out the skyboxes! That is something Kraft couldn't do in Foxboro until the won a Super Bowl.
Anyway, Kraft renenged on the deal, and as it turned out he was using Connecticut as a bargaining chip. It worked.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:47 AM

35,120 posts, read 57,253,184 times
Actually it didn't work. He did not get anything more from Massachusetts than they were offering before Connecticut got involved. It was really "low" what he did to the state but what is worse is we let him do it to us. The policitains said they were going after him to recoup the money but that never went anywhere. Jay

Old 02-18-2008, 11:58 AM
hfd

47 posts, read 247,327 times
It worked in the sense that Mass built a stadium. They did offer infrastructure improvements.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:07 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,224,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfd View Post
Fantasy Land? I hope you are joking if not you were clearly living under a rock.
Robert Kraft, the owner of the Patriots came to Hartford and signed an agreement at the State Capitol to move the team here. There were designs and drawings and season tickets sold. In fact, the corporate response to the team moving was nothing short of impressive. They sold out the skyboxes! That is something Kraft couldn't do in Foxboro until the won a Super Bowl.
Anyway, Kraft renenged on the deal, and as it turned out he was using Connecticut as a bargaining chip. It worked.

Exactly-hence my post saying that it was to be built in Fantasy Land-it was using CT as a bargaining chip. Dude was never going to build it here.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:05 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,052,856 times
I remember Krafty shedding a tear on TV in the state capital at one meeting.

Perhaps he didn't expect to find so many willing and decent people here and felt bad after he saw the overwhelming response...Nah, he's just a scumbag.

I'm glad the Pats got stomped.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:46 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,663,275 times
I knew from day one that the Patriots were never going to move to CT. I had friends rushing to buy tickets but I never gave it a second thought.

Personally I am still more p*ssed about the way that the Whalers were handled.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:02 PM

79 posts, read 314,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I knew from day one that the Patriots were never going to move to CT. I had friends rushing to buy tickets but I never gave it a second thought.

Personally I am still more p*ssed about the way that the Whalers were handled.
Don't even get me started on the Whalers! My husband and I went to nearly every home game the last two years they were in Hartford - the last year they ALMOST got to the playoffs - we prebought tickets for all the playoff games even though we would have had to cancel our honeymoon. It would have been worth it! If only.... then the moved and broke our hearts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut