Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:31 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,094,478 times

Advertisements

Just thought of this thread as a home just popped up for sale on Hitching Post in Milford. Wonderful neighborhood and location. It might be listed beyond your budget, but probably pretty negotiable.

16 Hitching Post Ln Milford CT - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #98525244 - Realtor.com®
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 06:53 PM

15 posts, read 24,683 times
Thanks everyone for all of their feedback. If we were to throw Fairfield and Norwalk into the mix, would you still pick Milford? Consider factors such as schools, nice town center, urban feel.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:14 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,946,366 times
Fairfield, Milford, Norwalk in that order. If you're looking at Norwalk, I would also consider Stratford. Better schools and more bang for your buck in terms of real estate. Further from the city, but closer than Milford.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgk111 View Post
Thanks everyone for all of their feedback. If we were to throw Fairfield and Norwalk into the mix, would you still pick Milford? Consider factors such as schools, nice town center, urban feel.
Price no object, I'd give the edge to Fairfield. With a 500k budget, Milford hands down - and I like Milford's town center best and the abundance of shoreline. Not a fan of Norwalk unless an NYC commute is necessary. Rowayton is nice though, but extremely expensive.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:45 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Fairfield > Milford > Norwalk

Old 01-30-2012, 06:40 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Fairfield > Milford > Norwalk
I agree. And I would add Stratford before Norwalk it that is being thrown into the mix. Jay

Old 01-31-2012, 08:36 AM

15 posts, read 24,683 times
Thanks. Nice to see the same response from everyone. I didnt' really have much knowledge on Norwalk, so this helps.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:15 PM

37 posts, read 98,971 times
Hi live in nyc now queens actually. would love to move to ct. my husband would be commuting to manhattan and i would be commuting to westchester county. was looking at brookfield, fairfield, stamford. the biggest thing for us is activities and sports for children and teenagers as well as a great school district. need shopping close by as this is what i am used to. would like some restaurants in a town as well. dont want a rural town but suburban is ok. would like the town to be pretty too and ive heard newtown is nice too but big drug problem that no one talks about. any suggestions would be great!! thank you.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alie621 View Post
Hi live in nyc now queens actually. would love to move to ct. my husband would be commuting to manhattan and i would be commuting to westchester county. was looking at brookfield, fairfield, stamford. the biggest thing for us is activities and sports for children and teenagers as well as a great school district. need shopping close by as this is what i am used to. would like some restaurants in a town as well. dont want a rural town but suburban is ok. would like the town to be pretty too and ive heard newtown is nice too but big drug problem that no one talks about. any suggestions would be great!! thank you.
Those 3 cities/towns couldn't be any more different. Brookfield is sorely lacking on activities and restaurants and is probably too rural for you. I would count Fairfield out, just because a car commute to Westchester would be BRUTAL. Newtown is also too far.

Stamford is not a bad option if you can afford it. The high schools get mixed reviews. Consider nearby Greenwich if you have a bigger budget.

I'd also throw Bethel into the mix. Sounds like it could be a good fit, has great schools, good value for the money.

Really need to know your budget.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:56 AM

284 posts, read 516,790 times
Check out Fairfield and Milford.

You can get much more house for your money in Milford...but you are closer to NYC in Fairfield. Schools may be a bit better in Fairfield..but not by that much.

Trumbull is nice too but not much of a town. And taxes are super high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut