Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 AM

885 posts, read 1,881,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
This is great news..... The sooner the fall like weather begins.... the better. I've had enough of this summer.
Nooooooooooo, summer is the best time of year!!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:22 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
Nooooooooooo, summer is the best time of year!!
Same here. We have had a really nice summer this year. Add in the mild winter, warm and sunny spring...and 2012 has been a really nice weather year in the on the East Coast.

I just hope there is no hurricane to spoil things in September or October!

Old 08-14-2012, 08:26 AM

754 posts, read 1,018,155 times
warm weather fans have nothing to complain about! u guys have had a great year!

now... cambium.... u said rain friday? trying to plan a beach trip this week with the GF... friday wasa the day but WC is showing sun? Who is right here?? lol

and how likely is a hurricane this fall?

Old 08-14-2012, 04:43 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
warm weather fans have nothing to complain about! u guys have had a great year!

now... cambium.... u said rain friday? trying to plan a beach trip this week with the GF... friday wasa the day but WC is showing sun? Who is right here?? lol

and how likely is a hurricane this fall?
GFS has rain for Friday. Euro has it for Saturday. Take your pick. lol. Euro has a slower cold front. Notice where we stand with the trough situation again.. On the right edge... Center of the cool zone will stay in Ohio Valley Great Lakes. Should dip to 40s there at night.

Hurricane NOT likely for us this year. But Nor'Easter will be possible in September or October

Old 08-14-2012, 05:53 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
GFS has rain for Friday. Euro has it for Saturday. Take your pick. lol. Euro has a slower cold front. Notice where we stand with the trough situation again.. On the right edge... Center of the cool zone will stay in Ohio Valley Great Lakes. Should dip to 40s there at night.

Hurricane NOT likely for us this year. But Nor'Easter will be possible in September or October

Why one but not the other? Wouldn't a -NAO make both of them likely and a +NAO both equally unlikely? I have to laugh when many think I'm knowledgeable about wx, but I still have sooo much to learn!!

Of course, you know I'm itching for a good solid Nor'Easter as long as there aren't any embedded t-storms or low (4000 or less) freezing level!! Get out that plane (and camera!) and fly away

Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
Why one but not the other? Wouldn't a -NAO make both of them likely and a +NAO both equally unlikely? I have to laugh when many think I'm knowledgeable about wx, but I still have sooo much to learn!!

Of course, you know I'm itching for a good solid Nor'Easter as long as there aren't any embedded t-storms or low (4000 or less) freezing level!! Get out that plane (and camera!) and fly away
The Jet stream pattern favors a NorEaster (we just need a healthy development) but the atmosphere does not favor Tropical activity. I think National Hurricane Center made a mistake raising their storm totals.

I'm thinking the NorEaster comes from Del Marva. or even North Carolina but to have a TS come up or across is not likely this year.

Remember this post? Posted July 29, 2011. I think I even said it earlier too.

Quote:
I still think we're going to get hit with a hurricane this year.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:21 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,517 times
Quote:
The Jet stream pattern favors a NorEaster (we just need a healthy development) but the atmosphere does not favor Tropical activity. I think National Hurricane Center made a mistake raising their storm totals.

I'm thinking the NorEaster comes from Del Marva. or even North Carolina but to have a TS come up or across is not likely this year.

Remember this post? Posted July 29, 2011. I think I even said it earlier too.
Don't remember that post, but I believe you certainly!

While we are on the subject of Tropical wx, how is the LR potential looking for tropical dvlp in early Nov. I'll be flying again to the Bahamas all the way from CT again Nov 3rd to 15th and am wondering how potential looks for tropical systems? (even TDs are a big deal since they usually = emb t-storms = can't fly)

Of course I hope we get a system just like we had on Dec 12th 2010 the day I fly down there--at least from here to Georgia and then sunny and 85 after that from Fla to Bahamas!! One of my funnest instrument flights was that day was to Worcester and back with pouring rain, 200 ft ceilings and wind gusts to 30 kts! We had solid moderate turb most of that flight with 60 kt winds just 2000' up!!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:26 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
While we are on the subject of Tropical wx, how is the LR potential looking for tropical dvlp in early Nov. I'll be flying again to the Bahamas all the way from CT again Nov 3rd to 15th and am wondering how potential looks for tropical systems? (even TDs are a big deal since they usually = emb t-storms = can't fly)
Although no long range forecast can predict 3 months in advance - = you can never count out tropical cyclone activity till late November off the lower East Coast. I remember KATE in 1985 hit Florida as a hurricane. So it can happen.

As far as "noreaster" type stroms = the threat is small until late October/eary November along the East Coast.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:15 AM

Another Morning Thunderstorm. Getting real old now. This summer cant end fast enough.

I never thought it could lightning & thunder under 70 degrees so many times.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:07 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
HMM....I think they said this last year too, LOL!

NYC, Philly, DC: Winter 2012-2013 will be "Snow" Joke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut