Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I love this humid, crappy, disgusting weather!

Me too - This is what old fashioned East Coast summer is supposed to feel like

Feels like the Caribbean. I like to get up and see the low struggled to get below 60 F -lol. I hope it lasts till October.

The Memorial Day weekend looks really nice as well, sunshine, temps in the low 70's, and dry.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:33 AM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times
This weekend should be dry and cool.

Upton:

HIGHS SATURDAY THROUGH MEMORIAL DAY ARE EXPECTED TO BE IN THE UPPER 60S TO AROUND 70 WITH LOWS IN THE MID 40S TO LOWER 50S.

Taunton:

THIS WEEKEND...

THIS WILL DROP TEMPS WELL BELOW SEASONAL AVG. AM NOT ANTICIPATED ANY FROST/FREEZE HEADLINES AT THIS TIME BUT MAY NEED TO MONITOR IN THE FUTURE. EXPECT MAINLY DRY WEATHER FOR THE WEEKEND AND TEMPS IN THE MID TO UPPER 60S.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:41 AM

140 posts, read 259,350 times
The next couple of weekends will be fun to spend time outdoors, and maybe explore around Connecticut a bit

Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I love this humid, crappy, disgusting weather!
This is good pool weather..I'll say that. But thats about it

It was so cold this spring the ocean may not warm over 70 at all this summer on LI South Shore. Fortunately pools will take no time ..few hot days and yer ready to go.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxSuns333 View Post
The next couple of weekends will be fun to spend time outdoors, and maybe explore around Connecticut a bit
We had a late start (like a month!) on the nice weather this spring….but it should stay nice from now till early November. Normally from Mid-April through mid-November is the best time of year here - none of the crap cold/clouds/wet/snow/ect…and none of the erratic temp changes of winter/early spring. This time of year the sun controls the weather and the rain keeps everything deep GREEN

It sounds like your new to the Tri-State area - if you want to explore a little- try heading out east along Route 1 along the coast east of New Haven. The coastal towns of Madison, Westbrook, Clinton, and Saybrook/East Lyme, have plenty of fun outdoor eateries, beaches, places to shop/walk. Mystic (exit 90 off I-95) is the center of tourism along the Connecticut coast - there is a Sea Aquarium, old historic seaport, shops, outdoor cafes and restaurants…etc. Although the Connecticut coast is also nice west of New Haven…you don’t get the real coastal vibe until you get east of New Haven.

The only tough issue this weekend will be the traffic because of the holiday weekend of course. The traffic should be the worst on early Saturday going north (I-95 north)….then coming home on Monday going south (I-95 south) toward NYC.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
We had a late start (like a month!) on the nice weather this spring….but it should stay nice from now till early November. Normally from Mid-April through mid-November is the best time of year here - none of the crap cold/clouds/wet/snow/ect…and none of the erratic temp changes of winter/early spring. This time of year the sun controls the weather and the rain keeps everything deep GREEN

It sounds like your new to the Tri-State area - if you want to explore a little- try heading out east along Route 1 along the coast east of New Haven. The coastal towns of Madison, Westbrook, Clinton, and Saybrook/East Lyme, have plenty of fun outdoor eateries, beaches, places to shop/walk. Mystic (exit 90 off I-95) is the center of tourism along the Connecticut coast - there is a Sea Aquarium, old historic seaport, shops, outdoor cafes and restaurants…etc. Although the Connecticut coast is also nice west of New Haven…you don’t get the real coastal vibe until you get east of New Haven.

The only tough issue this weekend will be the traffic because of the holiday weekend of course. The traffic should be the worst on early Saturday going north (I-95 north)….then coming home on Monday going south (I-95 south) toward NYC.
This is the beauty of the Northeast. We get all seasons and all types of weather. I think I speak for many here who feel the same way. If it was hot all the time or cold all the time that would not work. We get all seasons. I still don't get why people who hate the cold and snow would live up here. There are many places where you can get 8-10 months of tropical weather. I am ready for the heat now but its because the months of colder weather creates a balance. Looking forward to a nice hot (but hopefully not too humid)summer until early September then lets run into a crisp cool fall and a cold snowy winter..its the seasons!!! you cant beat em

Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxSuns333 View Post

EDIT:

I should have thrown in local SST around the Tri-State area:

Currently SST are just getting back to normal with the southerly flow...and this week we should have the southerly flow all week (with temps in the upper 70's and warm nights), so we might even crack 60 F (16 C). Currently SSt are in the upper 50's off Long Island/CT/RI, and in the low/mid 60's along the New Jersey shore:

SST are now geting quite warm just to our south (21 C is 70 F), nearing 70 F in VA Beach, not bad for mid May

Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post

EDIT:

I should have thrown in local SST around the Tri-State area:

Currently SST are just getting back to normal with the southerly flow...and this week we should have the southerly flow all week (with temps in the upper 70's and warm nights), so we might even crack 60 F (16 C). Currently SSt are in the upper 50's off Long Island/CT/RI, and in the low/mid 60's along the New Jersey shore:

SST are now geting quite warm just to our south (21 C is 70 F), nearing 70 F in VA Beach, not bad for mid May
Below normal SST's for this time of year currently. Usually by now VB is in the low 70's.... Can barely swim down there and its late May. Forget it closer to here..won't be able to go into the ocean comfortably till august. Cold winter did its damage

Old 05-21-2013, 11:06 AM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times
SPC just added northern CT into a risk for severe storms today.

Widespread 80s out there. Something that took a while to happen this year. Dewpoints very high into the 60s making it feel moist out there.

Storms firing up in NY already.

I think Wed/Thurs is bigger CT threat than today.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md0751.html

Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 AM

442 posts, read 455,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
SPC just added northern CT into a risk for severe storms today.

Widespread 80s out there. Something that took a while to happen this year. Dewpoints very high into the 60s making it feel moist out there.

Storms firing up in NY already.

I think Wed/Thurs is bigger CT threat than today.

Storm Prediction Center Mesoscale Discussion 751
When will the storms start? The sun is shining here. The grey storm clouds I saw forming have now blown off to the east.

Also, are there instrument problems with that last pic? Could there really be a nearly 20 degree difference in temp in CT? My thermometer is showing 81 degrees and not the 87 shown on the map.

We could use some more rain up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut