Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2013, 05:36 PM

708 posts, read 1,059,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Leading edge of rain is entering NJ now

Yes it is.I was just outside and saw a few drops.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:11 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,510,412 times
Looks like a gorgeous week weather wise. Nice daytime temps and cool nights.

HIGHLIGHTS... * DRY WEATHER THROUGH NEXT SATURDAY
* BELOW NORMAL TEMPS MON/TUE MODERATE TO NEAR NORMAL BY MID WEE

THIS WILL BE A QUIET WEATHER PERIOD WITH DRY CONDITIONS AND NEAR TO SLIGHTLY BELOW NORMAL TEMPERATURES MUCH OF THE TIME. HOWEVER...THE END OF THE WEEK WILL SEE A SLIGHT WARMING TREND TO SLIGHTLY ABOVE NORMAL TEMPS. EXPECTING THE NIGHT TIME PERIODS TO EXPERIENCE GOOD RADIATIONAL COOLING CONDITIONS MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT...WITH MONDAY NIGHT BEING THE COLDEST NIGHT. INTERIOR AREAS...WHERE WINDS WILL BE LIGHTER...COULD SEE SOME PATCHY FROST LATE MONDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY TUESDAY MORNING.

COLDER AIRMASS BUILDING SOUTH AND EAST OVER THE REGION /H85 AROUND +4C/. WESTERLY FLOW AIDING COLD AIR ADVECTION PROCESSES. FAIRLY CHILLY NIGHT...BUT NOT RECORD BREAKING. LOWS AROUND THE LOW- TO MID- 40S...WITH HIGHER ELEVATIONS INTO THE UPPER 30S.

Cam- First day of Fall! Time to light the stove! Have you yet?

Old 09-22-2013, 06:10 AM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post

Cam- First day of Fall! Time to light the stove! Have you yet?
lol. No... Waiting for the Atlantic to ice over. LOL!! I doubt I will. I don't want to cheat yet. New insulation and not enough 40s/50s for me yet. I am smelling firewood now and then from some neighbors but that might be the firepit as well

Total rainfall here was 1.07". Not bad.

We warm up a bit after Wednesday but dry for another week!

Old 09-22-2013, 10:36 AM

Who's ready for some nighttime 30s and scattered frost again? Anyone counting? It is only September

"Blustery" in September. lol

SHORT TERM /6 PM THIS EVENING THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT/...

NORTHWESTERLY FLOW DIMINISHING...BUT CAN/T RULE OUT CONTINUED BLUSTERY CONDITIONS ALONG THE NEAR-SHORE AND ADJACENT WATERS. MOSTLYCLEAR CONDITIONS PREVAIL WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF SOME LOW- TO MID-LEVEL CLOUDS ACROSS N/W NEW ENGLAND IN PROXIMITY TO THE CYCLONICDEEP LOW /OROGRAPHIC UPSLOPE OF REMNANT MOISTURE/.

COLDER AIRMASS BUILDING SOUTH AND EAST OVER THE REGION /H85 AROUND+4C/. WESTERLY FLOW AIDING COLD AIR ADVECTION PROCESSES. FAIRLYCHILLY NIGHT...BUT NOT RECORD BREAKING. LOWS AROUND THE LOW- TO MID-40S...WITH HIGHER ELEVATIONS INTO THE UPPER 30S.

MONDAY NIGHT...WINDS DIMINISH AND WITH MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES IN
PLACE...EXPECT A GOOD NIGHT OF RADIATIONAL COOLING. LOW TEMPS
SHOULD BOTTOM OUT IN THE MIDDLE 30S ACROSS THE NORMALLY COOLEST
OUTLYING LOCATIONS...TO THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 40S IN MANY OF THE
URBAN CENTERS. THE MILD SPOT WILL LIKELY BE THE URBAN HEAT ISLAND
OF BOSTON WITH EXPECTED LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. THERE IS A MODERATE
PROBABILITY WILL NEED FROST ADVISORIES FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHWEST
NH/WESTERN MA LATE MON NIGHT/EARLY TUE AM...BUT ITS A 4TH PERIOD
EVENT SO NO HEADLINES AT THIS TIME.

MINIMUM TEMPERATURE RECORDS FOR SEPTEMBER 23RD...
BOSTON 35 /1904/
HARTFORD 34 /1974/
PROVIDENCE 38 /1974/
WORCESTER 32 /1904/

Old 09-22-2013, 10:54 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Who's ready for some nighttime 30s and scattered frost again? Anyone counting? It is only September

SHORT TERM /6 PM THIS EVENING THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT/...

NORTHWESTERLY FLOW DIMINISHING...BUT CAN/T RULE OUT CONTINUED BLUSTERY CONDITIONS ALONG THE NEAR-SHORE AND ADJACENT WATERS. MOSTLYCLEAR CONDITIONS PREVAIL WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF SOME LOW- TO MID-LEVEL CLOUDS ACROSS N/W NEW ENGLAND IN PROXIMITY TO THE CYCLONICDEEP LOW /OROGRAPHIC UPSLOPE OF REMNANT MOISTURE/.

COLDER AIRMASS BUILDING SOUTH AND EAST OVER THE REGION /H85 AROUND+4C/. WESTERLY FLOW AIDING COLD AIR ADVECTION PROCESSES. FAIRLYCHILLY NIGHT...BUT NOT RECORD BREAKING. LOWS AROUND THE LOW- TO MID-40S...WITH HIGHER ELEVATIONS INTO THE UPPER 30S.

MONDAY NIGHT...WINDS DIMINISH AND WITH MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES IN
PLACE...EXPECT A GOOD NIGHT OF RADIATIONAL COOLING. LOW TEMPS
SHOULD BOTTOM OUT IN THE MIDDLE 30S ACROSS THE NORMALLY COOLEST
OUTLYING LOCATIONS...TO THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 40S IN MANY OF THE
URBAN CENTERS. THE MILD SPOT WILL LIKELY BE THE URBAN HEAT ISLAND
OF BOSTON WITH EXPECTED LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. THERE IS A MODERATE
PROBABILITY WILL NEED FROST ADVISORIES FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHWEST
NH/WESTERN MA LATE MON NIGHT/EARLY TUE AM...BUT ITS A 4TH PERIOD
EVENT SO NO HEADLINES AT THIS TIME.

MINIMUM TEMPERATURE RECORDS FOR SEPTEMBER 23RD...
BOSTON 35 /1904/
HARTFORD 34 /1974/
PROVIDENCE 38 /1974/
WORCESTER 32 /1904/
Doesn't get any better than this week for outdoor activities. Highs mostly 60's lows mostly 40's ..sure sunny but lets face it the suns best days are behind it now.. Fall is underway!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2013, 12:24 PM

1,395 posts, read 1,510,412 times
[quote=Cambium;31510313]Who's ready for some nighttime 30s and scattered frost again? Anyone counting? It is only September

Cam- You know I am ready! lol. This week looks absolutely gorgeous.

This weeks weather is brought to you by the letter H! Why the letter H you may ask? This is because a large, Canadian High Pressure System will dominate the weather for the work week! High pressure systems are typically characterized by dry, tranquil conditions.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:59 PM

I agree... blessed to have this weather in September and not 70s or 80s.

Northwest winds, Blue skies, and leaves starting to rustle while football is on in the background. Doesn't get better

Upton says it best.

THE FIRST FULL DAY OF FALL FEATURES TEMPS 5-7 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL UNDER COBALT BLUE SKIES AND A FEW WEATHER STRATO-CU.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I agree... blessed to have this weather in September and not 70s or 80s.

Northwest winds, Blue skies, and leaves starting to rustle while football is on in the background. Doesn't get better

Upton says it best.

THE FIRST FULL DAY OF FALL FEATURES TEMPS 5-7 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL UNDER COBALT BLUE SKIES AND A FEW WEATHER STRATO-CU.
Summer becoming a distant memory.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:48 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Doesn't get any better than this week for outdoor activities. Highs mostly 60's lows mostly 40's ..sure sunny but lets face it the suns best days are behind it now.. Fall is underway!!!!!!!
lol! Can I borrow that quote? "the suns best days are behind it now."

Old 09-22-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
lol! Can I borrow that quote? "the suns best days are behind it now."
You may!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut