Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 11:11 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times

Advertisements

Malloy ignored advice
$13 million needed to fill hole comptroller predicted HARTFORD — The state comptroller's office is proposing to shift $13 million within its budget to close a hole in retiree health care that Democrats in the legislature and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy chose to ignore.

Comptroller Kevin Lembo recommended budgeting an additional $51 million when the 2015 budget was adopted last May, but the recommendation went unheeded, and a $30 million shortfall occurred. Malloy ignored advice Republican American

Old 06-11-2015, 08:50 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
To finally get off the subject of taxes, I found this to be interesting. More than a third of the home purchases in the state were all cash purchases. Seems to be good. What do you think? Jay

More than a third of March CT home sales in cash | HartfordBusiness.com

Old 06-11-2015, 09:18 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times
Keep an eye on the Sikorsky situation. UTC received bids last week from 3 manufacture looking to buy or spin-off Sikorsky. executives are meeting this week to discuss.

Again, major employer up for grabs. Will CT make deal with them to stay...more than likely.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:05 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,424,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
To finally get off the subject of taxes, I found this to be interesting. More than a third of the home purchases in the state were all cash purchases. Seems to be good. What do you think? Jay

Whats so good about this ...according to the article... its right on the national average....but the price of real estate in the state is still @ 25% below its pre recession peak ... close to the bottom on yet another measure again and still falling...thank god for Nevada .

Old 06-11-2015, 02:12 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic1 View Post
Whats so good about this ...according to the article... its right on the national average....but the price of real estate in the state is still @ 25% below its pre recession peak ... close to the bottom on yet another measure again and still falling...thank god for Nevada .
...and was flat yoy.

I would be curious to see where most of the people pay cash for their house. My guess is FFC. I can't get a good read on real estate up here. It seems like it's doing ok. I know people whose homes were on the market for 2 months and sold and some that been on the market for 3 years and can't sell. I think the lower price homes (entry level 150k to 225k) are selling quick, from what I see in Hartford Area. FFC is another animal that I have no idea about.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:46 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post

My initial thought on this would be investors are snapping up properties like what is happening in Florida and Nevada. But then I thought again how much different CT is from FL & NV.

Without the sales prices and in what town the sales took place the statement "33% of home sales have been for cash" basically means nothing. For all we know the majority of those cash sales were for vacation homes on the shore.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:05 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Default Ct Economic Growth lagging both US and neighboring states

Bad News On Connecticut's Economy - Hartford Courant

Post Malloy who never vetoed a tax increase, nor ever saw one he didn't like, there will be a massive economic rebuilding job to do.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:42 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times
Not news. CT is on the low growth list year after year. Stagnation and mediocrity are nothing new to this state. Although unquestionable lunacy is.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:26 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Bad News On Connecticut's Economy - Hartford Courant

Post Malloy who never vetoed a tax increase, nor ever saw one he didn't like, there will be a massive economic rebuilding job to do.
Will you ever tire of gloating about poor economic news for Connecticut? If you are so concerned about it, what are you doing to help fix it? I employ people, mentor new business owners and provide paid internships for college students to improve their job skills.

We get it. You don't like Malloy. I'm sure there isn't a Democrat out there you like. At this point, however, these continual posts just come across mean-spirited. Do you even live here? Do you go on New Jersey forums and discuss how your governors top appointees have all been indicted?

I am not a fan of Malloy, but I very much want him to succeed. You should go some place where you're happy if you're so unhappy here. Personally I prefer an environment with less poverty, more educated people and access too world class cities...

Please, just stop.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:45 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
I can't fix it, but for the sake of relatives there, I cannot wait for Malloy's term to end. Leaving the office vacant would be a major improvement. For him to not see this coming was, at best, incompetence.

PS: I was an avid long-term (while Ct resident) supporter, time and $, of Democrat Joe Lieberman. I'm also not a Christie fan overall, but I'm not sure post Christie will be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut