Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 11:34 AM

399 posts, read 850,820 times

Advertisements

Yeah, me too - that was the last time I was there. My mom in law came this time last year - you know, for Hurricane Sandy. I won't be going near any volcanoes this time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 10:11 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,223 times
Had a lobster-roll in Mystic a few weeks ago. It was cold. I thought CT rolls were supposed to be warm?

Old 10-03-2013, 06:00 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,903,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
Had a lobster-roll in Mystic a few weeks ago. It was cold. I thought CT rolls were supposed to be warm?
You are correct but you will find places that serve it both ways. I am assuming it was lobster with mayo on a roll. IMHO, what you had should have been called a lobster salad roll. Jay

Old 11-15-2013, 07:27 PM

59 posts, read 99,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awt1972 View Post
OK, I need some lobster roll help here!

I have only had one roll in CT and was surprised when it was served up warm and flooded with molten butter (too much butter ). The picture in that article looks like butter too. Is that the norm for a CT lobster roll? Next trip down I am going to try out one of these recommendations. I think I probably had a bad first experience of a warm buttery lobster roll!
Wait. Are you SERIOUS? You have a problem with it served like that? I couldn't imagine it served any other way. Any other way would be nasty and disgusting...to me. That's the only way I know them to be served and I've only gotten mine starting 35 years ago from Jimmy's in New Haven and West Haven. Mmm!
...cold Lobster Roll..served with mayo?.... :::bristles:::

Old 11-15-2013, 07:31 PM

59 posts, read 99,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You are correct but you will find places that serve it both ways. I am assuming it was lobster with mayo on a roll. IMHO, what you had should have been called a lobster salad roll. Jay
Exactly. Thanks. I forgot about that. Totally not the same thing. Lobster roll, yes. Lobster salad, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut