Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 04:42 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
The guy you don't care for(Hanrahan) said at 6:30 the storm was a bust. He said maybe some snow showers/flurries for the immediate coast.
Yup, I'm sure he's happy about that. There was another storm where something similar happened with a foot forecasted then nothing. Early March 2001.

And just as a learning method for me and a way to remember what happened... I want to do this... and also because its a way to prove that we DO need the models even the "other" way, it all started with this early Friday morning(3 days ago).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Case in point.... NAM suppresses the snow & front and in fact gives us nothing. yeah, imagine that. LOL!!!

It's NAM's long range so it can't be trusted but we have to see if that's going to be a trend today!
Friday afternoon:

Quote:
EURO joins the south trend!

** ALL MODELS have trended south overnight and today! Any areas north of NYC are getting much less snow now based on these trends.

We'll see how the rest of the updates go but you can't deny the trend south!

The trend south on the models could also be just the wobble of the storm which may wobble back north!
Friday night.

Quote:
Latest GFS (runs 4 times a day) has ...................... are you sitting??? ...........

0.10" liquid for BDL. LMAO!! Snow showers only maybe 1-2".
0.27" BDR

But can you believe the trend?
Saturday it was all over.. NWS and 90% of meteos still thought 2-4" was possible. I was saying a "non event" now, but still thought 1-3" was possible based on some liquid models were showing.

Quote:
latest GFS says get the hair dryer out cause we're only getting flurries even down to Danbury. AND it ends Monday morning. LOL!! Non event folks.
Sunday I was telling folks zero was a probability now.

Quote:
Nothings changed for 2 days now regarding being a Non event. 1-3". Don't be surprised to see 4" in one or two spots near coast but don't be shocked to see nothing either!
You have to learn to read the models otherwise your wishcasting or providing false information. They are there as a tool for us to look at weather. Was hard to believe what I was seeing but I wasn't discounting it. Just glad it happened 3 days ago and not 24hrs ago.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:47 AM

754 posts, read 1,018,155 times
I don't like hanrahan either.... He's a warm guy and loves to shoot down big storms. He thinks it makes him more popular. Almost reminds me of a teenage kid trying to "fit in"

Old 03-03-2014, 04:55 AM

Looking ahead and ignoring the cold temps for now....

All models overnight say , don't worry, more snow chances coming.

Euro is the snowiest for Thursday night/Friday morning. Says 6-12" for New Haven County to Boston, less for Western CT.

GFS just has a little snow Thursday and clear Friday.
NAM has some snow Thursday

So lets use all this as the "possibility" it could snow Thursday or Friday now.

Will keep an eye on it. Another snow chance possible Sunday.

Attached Thumbnails
Weather in Connecticut-euro7.jpg  

Old 03-03-2014, 05:22 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,497,096 times
Radar shows the snow literally on the Sound and stopping right before landfall on the shore. Oh well figures I finally got new tires answer stop getting snow.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
Radar shows the snow literally on the Sound and stopping right before landfall on the shore. Oh well figures I finally got new tires answer stop getting snow.
Some folks told me they are blaming their newly bought snow blowers. lol I told them to return it!

And yeah, it's pretty special to see. Usually in March we are watching the snows miss us to the NORTH where interior and northern New England get it. NOT THE SOUTH! Heavy snow and feels like single digits/teens south of us?? Crazy

Current wind chills and radar.
1° Danbury.
7° Hartford
4° BDL
4° BDR

Old 03-03-2014, 06:19 AM

302 posts, read 295,869 times
Trumbull got nothing. Not even a flurry. Sitting at the Fairfield Metro station right now and just overcast skies. Nothing falling except the temps.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:43 AM

30 posts, read 51,245 times
Danbury got nothing

Old 03-03-2014, 08:31 AM

Just Flurries and a Trace here too.

Snow edge is even south of Long Island right now meanwhile seeing reports of 3-5" in South Jersey and snowing hard. Poor Virginians hoping for Spring getting heavy snow & in the 20s. This will all stay south of CT. Watch that northern edge line to remember this day. LOL

Shouldn't we be seeing the southern edge north of us instead?

Attached Thumbnails
Weather in Connecticut-map19e.jpg  

Old 03-03-2014, 09:19 AM

431 posts, read 446,681 times
Oh please, oh please...one last storm!!!

Old 03-03-2014, 10:53 AM

I just said a rare thing to someone... "ITS COLD!"

Wow, I guess I'm not expecting this.

OBS from CT stations. It's midday & we pretty much lower than where the normal "lows" should be. Plus feels like single digits out there! We are even lower than the January max normal! Gees.

Last edited by Cambium; 03-03-2014 at 11:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut