Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:10 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,363,010 times

Advertisements

This has nothing on the Russian car crash compilations, but it's enough near misses to make me throw up my arm and do the "what the **** are you thinking?" gesture every other time. To my monitor.

You know the one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 04:18 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,945,234 times
This is pretty tame. And the video is sped up, so it makes it look worse than it really is.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:55 AM

281 posts, read 345,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
This is pretty tame. And the video is sped up, so it makes it look worse than it really is.
Yeah, I might change the "t" to an "l". Could only watch about 20 secs. worth. The parts where the trucks pulled into the main road in front of the driver - Definitely annoying but if there were an accident I'd bet the cop would also cite the video-maker for going too fast. I'd also venture that the poster of the videos has numerous driving violations.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:08 AM
dkv

96 posts, read 156,633 times
I was going up I-91 yesterday and traffic was piling up behind a car going about 67mph in the left-hand lane.
Piling up so much that a mercedes bearing "Senate minority leader pro tempore" went blazing by in the right-hand lane.
I had a little more patience and waited until the center lane opened up.
Lo and behold, the putterer in the left lane was wearing CT senate plates as well!

Old 03-12-2015, 07:35 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
In reality, threads like this can be found in virtually EVERY other state forum. It seems like there are bad drivers everywhere in the entire nation, but I will concede that the worst of the worst are in the tri-state area indeed.
This is true. There are bad drivers everywhere and particularly in and around major metropolitan areas. Jay

Old 03-12-2015, 07:44 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times
I could say pretty confidently that drivers here in the Tampa Bay area are pretty terrible as well! Easily less than a quarter of drivers use their damn blinker even at all! Many of them will weave in and out of traffic from lane to lane just to get a few car lengths ahead. Most of the time I end up meeting them at the next light anyway!!

I once witnessed a guy change lanes 7 times (yes I counted) from one intersection to the next and he still ended up at the same damn red light that I ended up at (no lane changes at all!).

Old 03-12-2015, 09:03 AM

684 posts, read 812,419 times
I dont know why people do not understand that the left lane is a passing lane, not a damn slow lane.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:05 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
I dont know why people do not understand that the left lane is a passing lane, not a damn slow lane.
I get you... but when someone is in the fast lane and they are ALREADY moving at above the speed limit (usually at least 10mph over) then people shouldn't be tailgating because of that!

Old 03-12-2015, 09:06 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,186,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
I could say pretty confidently that drivers here in the Tampa Bay area are pretty terrible as well! Easily less than a quarter of drivers use their damn blinker even at all! Many of them will weave in and out of traffic from lane to lane just to get a few car lengths ahead. Most of the time I end up meeting them at the next light anyway!!

I once witnessed a guy change lanes 7 times (yes I counted) from one intersection to the next and he still ended up at the same damn red light that I ended up at (no lane changes at all!).
Amazing how that works, eh? Kind of brings the parable of the tortoise and the hare sharply into focus.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:07 AM

684 posts, read 812,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
I get you... but when someone is in the fast lane and they are ALREADY moving at above the speed limit (usually at least 10mph over) then people shouldn't be tailgating because of that!
I agree, i hate people that tail gate. Usually if i am speeding already in the left lane myself and i see someone coming up behind me i move over for them or if they tail gate me , i cant merge over, and there is traffic in front of me , i will move over slightly so that they can see there is nowhere to go and they usually will back off from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut