Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 05:30 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,183,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
Sorry, I should have been more specific and said lower FFC. Newtown seems more similar to where I live (Glastonbury) than compared to lower FFC.
Ones who live in Newtown or similar are the ones who have to deal with the brunt of the daily commuting traffic in southern FC. For those of us that live and work there its not as much an issue as we're already here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 06:11 PM

369 posts, read 558,264 times
Quote:
Is it just me or do we have some of the WORSE drivers. Yesterday, its icy, and everyone is driving wayyyy too fast, causing one accident after another.

Fast forward to today when the temps rise above freezing its its just plain rain, and the traffic moves as slowly as if it was icy

Why the hell can't people drive a bit under the speed limit when it is simply wet, and drive 10 mph when its icy, NOT the other way around??

Geeze......so stinking messed up.

You'd think Hartford was I-95 from Stamford to Bridgeport the past 2 days.

Wise up people, and drive appropriately for conditions.
I can tell you, having driven ALL over the country (almost all the states) that CT has some of the most aggressive and rude drivers around. Everyone is in a hurry and if it's bad weather, they want to rush you 10+ miles over speed limit, flashing their headlights in the rear view mirror or honking at you, and riding your tail. Like, seriously, stop.

The next rude set of drivers I've come across is Massachusetts. My friend who's from there says that's why people call those MA drivers...well, something I can't say, but it begins with Mass and ends with holes.

New York drivers, everyone knows about. But from my experience in NYC, if someone tries to get aggressive with you, you have to get aggressive back (unless NYPD is nearby) and then you'll get respect - this has happened to me with cab drivers multiple times. In LA, this kind of driving (aggressive) will end up getting you shot at...

I used to think drivers were rude in LA, but actually they're quite tame compared to CT/MA. I just don't know what the rush is, esp when there are several accidents with totaled cars right there for all to see. It's crazy...but no one's going to rush me into an accident. Don't let them do that to you, either.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:48 PM

39 posts, read 40,006 times
It's because all of the as*holes in their audis, beamers, and benzs think they're invincible with their 4 wheel drive.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:04 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,481,580 times
I think people out in LA drive better in the rain (the 30 days a year it actually rains out there) then the people here do!

Old 12-21-2014, 12:11 PM

678 posts, read 847,871 times
Quote:
Sorry, I should have been more specific and said lower FFC. Newtown seems more similar to where I live (Glastonbury) than compared to lower FFC.
Thank you for acknowledging the imaginary divide of FFC, lol! For real, though. I don't go through half the problems people list for Fairfield County, yet, I live in FFC. I know they mean Lower FFC, but, I don't like it when people conveniently forget half of it. I-84 during traffic hours moves slow, but atleast it's moving. It's not like I-95 where I hear it's just a big parking lot.

Nep- I live in Newtown.

Old 12-25-2014, 05:08 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,500,218 times
Merry Christmas and please be patient on the roads. Last night heading to the a family homestead for the evening we had two people lay on their horns and drive pissed off for no good reason.

The first one we were waiting to turn left and there was an oncoming car so we held off. Not before blondie in her old Mercedes decided to lay on the horn several times. Either she didn't see the oncoming car or felt it would have been appropriate for us to gun it in the dark down pouring rain with a one month old in the car.

The second in a black Chevy Traversewas following us up the street where the family member lives and when we signaled and slowed to pull in the driveway they honked hard and took off around us.

Seriously it was Christmas Eve and nasty outside, just chill a bit and enjoy the holidays safely people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut