Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
FYI... Euro holds steady for history in NYC/area.

Think about the roofs if you see more than 2 feet up there. Since it's powder stuff consider cleaning it before any melting in coming days. FLUFF STUFF.,. EASY to clean...but a ton of it.
Question is why do we even bother with any other models in winter ...lol. Euro owns winter forecasting it seems. See if its right this one before we crown it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 01:34 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
I just got home. Figured I would leave at 1:00 to stay ahead of anything. Snow seems to be picking up now. Parkway, for now, was fine..... But there were a lot of cars on it so I guess people are leaving early.
On another note, an email was sent to all the dealers from the owner and second in command reminding us employees that tomorrow is a regular work day and we are open...... Any employees who don't come in will use a sick day or vacation day. Nice, huh? One is in California on vacation and the other is in Texas on vacation at his other home. Wtf.
Is that the job in Ridgefield?

Old 01-26-2015, 01:36 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
I just got home. Figured I would leave at 1:00 to stay ahead of anything. Snow seems to be picking up now. Parkway, for now, was fine..... But there were a lot of cars on it so I guess people are leaving early.
On another note, an email was sent to all the dealers from the owner and second in command reminding us employees that tomorrow is a regular work day and we are open...... Any employees who don't come in will use a sick day or vacation day. Nice, huh? One is in California on vacation and the other is in Texas on vacation at his other home. Wtf.

I had to go to Walmart to pick up a prescription (otherwise I wouldn't have gone) and I overheard the employees talking with a manager who had a conference call set up with "upper management" to discuss if they were going to close (Walmart) tomorrow. If no one's going to Walmart who the hell is going to a car dealership? All those employees should refuse to show up.

BTW Walmart was cleaned out of bread, but there was some bottled water left.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:36 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
question is why do we even bother with any other models in winter ...lol. Euro owns winter forecasting it seems. See if its right this one before we crown it.
+1 Totally agree

Old 01-26-2015, 01:38 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I had to go to Walmart to pick up a prescription (otherwise I wouldn't have gone) and I overheard the employees talking with a manager who had a conference call set up with "upper management" to discuss if they were going to close (Walmart) tomorrow. If no one's going to Walmart who the hell is going to a car dealership? All those employees should refuse to show up.

BTW Walmart was cleaned out of bread, but there was some bottled water left.
There's a TRAVEL BAN. Until that's lifted, they can't open. What the hell is wrong with people?

Unless you're a ski area with people staying at a on site hotel expecting to ski(that doesn't exist in Ct), or you are emergency personnel, you should not be expected to go to work

Old 01-26-2015, 01:42 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Ditto! I've been doing Concordia and renting houses lately. I guess I'm getting too old to stay at Cinnamon Bay anymore.
Yep. We decided a villa is the way to go(McLaughlin Anderson). They have been amazing accommodating us so far - especially with this travel nightmare. If their customer service on the phone is anything like what we'll experience in SJ, we'll definitely use them again.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:48 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Watching the live camera is so damn cool. With sound too. I hope it survives up there.

Wind blowing the snow off the roof already. Winds gusting to 18mph from Northeast. Temperature 23°. Wind Chill of 12°

Old 01-26-2015, 01:50 PM

3,350 posts, read 4,168,858 times
Coming down in midtown and roads are slick. Cabs struggling to get around.
http://imgur.com/uwrsPAH

Old 01-26-2015, 01:59 PM

399 posts, read 851,227 times
Basically a white-out looking across Bryant Park. Can't see the back of the library anymore from across Ave of Americas...

Old 01-26-2015, 02:12 PM

720 posts, read 1,709,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
I've lost power plenty of times but never in a blizzard. So I always wonder about the threat of power outages. No leaves, light and fluffy snow, frozen ground. Seems like the biggest risk is from some idiot driving around when they shouldn't and knocking over a utility pole.
Wind blows tree limb off , tree limb lands on power line, power line sags ,falls to the ground. My daughter had no power (or water)for 6 days in Guilford, fortunately was able to stay at in laws.(February 2013)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut