Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:04 PM

217 posts, read 149,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Route 1 doesn’t run through Rowayton like it does in Southport. The problem I find with Rowayton is you kind of have to go through a sketchy part of Norwalk to get to it from the east. Thats not very attractive and can be scary.

I don’t think the Mama Chow building is “unattractive” or the diner is “gaudy”. Both are pretty nice for Route 1. Mama Chow’s is a little plain but its muted brown/beige color and the green awnings help give it a little upscale boost. The Southport Diner has a shiny art deco design that is very stylish.
Driving down MLK to Wilson Ave is scary?

You must really not like Harbor View in that case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:50 PM

814 posts, read 475,650 times
>>The problem I find with Rowayton is you kind of have to go through a sketchy part of Norwalk to get to it from the east. Thats not very attractive and can be scary.

???? Jay - This deserves an explanation. I'm genuinely confused here at this problematic comment.

Either way, Norwalk won a state grant to improve the facade along MLK Drive. It's definitely not scary imo, like seriously.

https://www.norwalkredevelopmentagen...e-improvements

Old Today, 04:55 PM

21,667 posts, read 31,313,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000fc View Post
Driving down MLK to Wilson Ave is scary?

You must really not like Harbor View in that case.
MLK Blvd is statistically one of the highest crime sections of Norwalk, which is not what I’d consider an overall low crime city. Jay has a point.

Old Today, 05:36 PM

7,046 posts, read 3,821,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal2k19 View Post
>>The problem I find with Rowayton is you kind of have to go through a sketchy part of Norwalk to get to it from the east. Thats not very attractive and can be scary.

???? Jay - This deserves an explanation. I'm genuinely confused here at this problematic comment.

Either way, Norwalk won a state grant to improve the facade along MLK Drive. It's definitely not scary imo, like seriously.

https://www.norwalkredevelopmentagen...e-improvements
It’s the safest in CT for the 80K plus club. I know platitudes of personnel from Darien New Canaan who frequent MLK weekends and weeknights for hockey, winter baseball clinics, soccer, gymnastics and trampolining memberships. No one ever mentions being scared or high crime. These people are well educated and intelligent. Some walk the dog around outside while they wait. They get it.
You live in the area right?
It’s just beyond any level of comprehension how these individuals who live hundreds of miles away can comment with such decidedness and excoriate you with unabashed intensity for saying anything that might not fall in line with their outdates narrowness.
You would think people would just be like- oh really, thanks for the updated info.

Old Today, 06:36 PM

428 posts, read 177,280 times
Wealthy CT suburb snowflakes thinking all diverse areas are sketchy and unsafe. Most of the crime is theft and drugs. Most of the shootings are past midnight and not random.

Everyone has the right to protect themselves and feel safe. That’s fine. But being so insulated in wealthy suburbia and having no perspective of life outside and then thinking areas are sketchy just because it’s not golden retrievers and white picket fences…

I don’t even have a point, just ranting. Carry on.

Old Today, 07:46 PM

21,667 posts, read 31,313,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW2436 View Post
Wealthy CT suburb snowflakes thinking all diverse areas are sketchy and unsafe. Most of the crime is theft and drugs. Most of the shootings are past midnight and not random.

Everyone has the right to protect themselves and feel safe. That’s fine. But being so insulated in wealthy suburbia and having no perspective of life outside and then thinking areas are sketchy just because it’s not golden retrievers and white picket fences…

I don’t even have a point, just ranting. Carry on.
Saying “most of the shootings are past midnight” right after calling people “snowflakes” for feeling unsafe around that is truly interesting logic.

Old Today, 07:59 PM

35,060 posts, read 57,152,219 times
Let’s get back to the topic of the OP which is Connecticut Transportation. JayCT, Moderator

Old Today, 08:03 PM

2,370 posts, read 2,201,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Saying “most of the shootings are past midnight” right after calling people “snowflakes” for feeling unsafe around that is truly interesting logic.
For someone *driving* the statistically most dangerous thing someone can do for themselves and others, yeah it's snow flake territory and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Old Today, 08:04 PM

35,060 posts, read 57,152,219 times
Shoreline East got a last minute gift from the Connecticut legislature last week. At the end of the session the legislature appropriated $5 million to add 4 rush hour trains to the beleaguered commuter rail line. Thats great news and hopefully is what is needed to turn around the dropping ridership on the line.

https://www.ctinsider.com/politics/a...n-19444564.php
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut