Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 02:23 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times

Advertisements

Malloy seeks to roll back $220M in business tax hikes | The CT Mirror
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 02:33 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times
Yes, he's ratcheted it back a *bit*. now it's just over 1 billion hike (1.2 billion $ to be precise, I think). Still unacceptable and entirely detrimental to our long term economic health. Seriously trying to find and get involved with a reputable grass roots movement to oust his ass. Everything I come across in my research though seems to be headed by a bunch of looney toons. Any thoughts or pointers? Have never felt so determined by anything on a civic level as I am on this. He needs to go. Now.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:42 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
#170 Great post, LaLally. System would not let me rep you..again.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
Yes, he's ratcheted it back a *bit*. now it's just over 1 billion hike (1.2 billion $ to be precise, I think). Still unacceptable and entirely detrimental to our long term economic health. Seriously trying to find and get involved with a reputable grass roots movement to oust his ass. Everything I come across in my research though seems to be headed by a bunch of looney toons. Any thoughts or pointers? Have never felt so determined by anything on a civic level as I am on this. He needs to go. Now.

Bingo. He simply needs to either veto this, give these 3 deals which should average far more than the UTC deal..each, or wave tens of thousands of well paying jobs bye bye.

But the Dems in Ct are radically left, so Malloy will be replaced by someone who keeps driving business away. That is why you can't find credible orgs.

They are missing the big picture. If AETNA goes, the industry in Ct follows. When Sikorsky goes, their supply chain follows. Then we have the hospital cuts resulting from an oppressive Ct business environment.

this budget gap is a picnic relative to that future Malloy created situation.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Bingo. He simply needs to either veto this, give these 3 deals which should average far more than the UTC deal..each, or wave tens of thousands of well paying jobs bye bye.

But the Dems in Ct are radically left, so Malloy will be replaced by someone who keeps driving business away. That is why you can't find credible orgs.

They are missing the big picture. If AETNA goes, the industry in Ct follows. When Sikorsky goes, their supply chain follows. Then we have the hospital cuts resulting from an oppressive Ct business environment.

this budget gap is a picnic relative to that future Malloy created situation.
Lol! Actually the looney toons I'm referring to are the quasi-crazy right wingers. I'm definitely conservative, but in the true Northeast sense of the term : ) the groups I was coming across seemed to embrace too many other causes that I'm not interested in at all. What I'm looking for is a group of pretty much everyday CT citizens ready, willing, and determined to get rid of this d_u_ h_ bag. I'd be happy with almost anyone over Malloy, be it a republican ( ) or even a dem from a benign part of CT -- say like North Canaan. Not a single other Greenwich, Stamford, Westport, etc. Dem EVER again though...!!

Old 06-13-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
Lol! Actually the looney toons I'm referring to are the quasi-crazy right wingers. I'm definitely conservative, but in the true Northeast sense of the term : ) the groups I was coming across seemed to embrace too many other causes that I'm not interested in at all. What I'm looking for is a group of pretty much everyday CT citizens ready, willing, and determined to get rid of this d_u_ h_ bag. I'd be happy with almost anyone over Malloy, be it a republican ( ) or even a dem from a benign part of CT -- say like North Canaan. Not a single other Greenwich, Stamford, Westport, etc. Dem EVER again though...!!
In more decades than I care to admit recalling, I have seen zero intelligent governors in Ct, and zero intelligent Legislative leaders.

This day of reckoning with corps of magnitude starting relo searches was long overdue, , and it was caused by government viewing them as their piggy bank.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
In more decades than I care to admit recalling, I have seen zero intelligent governors in Ct, and zero intelligent Legislative leaders.

This day of reckoning with corps of magnitude starting relo searches was long overdue, , and it was caused by government viewing them as their piggy bank.
Agreed! beaten, battered, disillusioned, etc. ; but still slightly hopeful we *might* someday be able to get back on track...

Old 06-13-2015, 03:31 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,087,244 times
Kevin Rennie reports:

Immelt Today on GE Move: Searching for “a Big City in a Growth Oriented State.” — Daily Ructions

Old 06-13-2015, 03:34 PM

Given those prereqs, GE will find many suitable options, albeit none in the Northeast.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
#170 Great post, LaLally. System would not let me rep you..again.
Thank you Bob!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut