Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 08:22 PM

21,764 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tax_tax_tax_tax View Post
Ha. You just KNOW the plethora of 'WeHa' liberals will never allow this.
No one cares anymore. That's an old headline. Armchair rage doesn't last long. They're in a ton of liberal areas now.

I hope they come to Milford next. Love that chicken!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 07:07 AM

627 posts, read 1,058,697 times
Yeah, even though I know of quite a few friends who won't go to Chick-fil-A and Hobby Lobby, it's not enough to make CT unprofitable.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:13 AM

34,940 posts, read 56,958,583 times
I don't know if I have ever been to one of these so I can't comment if this is good or bad, but the fast food chain Checkers wants to open as many as 40 restaurants in our state. That seems like a lot for our small state. What do you think? Is this good or bad? Want to bet that the first one opens in Wallingford? Jay

Checkers chain has aggressive CT expansion plans | HartfordBusiness.com

Old 12-23-2015, 09:22 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,491,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I don't know if I have ever been to one of these so I can't comment if this is good or bad, but the fast food chain Checkers wants to open as many as 40 restaurants in our state. That seems like a lot for our small state. What do you think? Is this good or bad? Want to bet that the first one opens in Wallingford? Jay

Checkers chain has aggressive CT expansion plans | HartfordBusiness.com
There was a checkers in Bristol but it closed like a year ago. They had one in CT that closed so they decide to open up 40 more. Totally makes sense.

According to a news article bristol checkers was opened in 2011 and closed in 2013. Not sure why this company is being so aggressive in CT.

Also they will rely on franchisees to build the business up here. We'll see how that goes. They could say they want to open 500 stores in Connecticut but they aren't the ones putting up the money for it. I have a feeling this is more of a marketing ploy.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:59 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
There already is a lot of fast food joints in CT. Wonder how many there are to person. Seems like 10 to a town in some places.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:07 AM

34,940 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
There was a checkers in Bristol but it closed like a year ago. They had one in CT that closed so they decide to open up 40 more. Totally makes sense.

According to a news article bristol checkers was opened in 2011 and closed in 2013. Not sure why this company is being so aggressive in CT.

Also they will rely on franchisees to build the business up here. We'll see how that goes. They could say they want to open 500 stores in Connecticut but they aren't the ones putting up the money for it. I have a feeling this is more of a marketing ploy.
If they closed the one Checkers we had, why would they make this announcement if they weren't serious. It would get them no where in the state and other states could care less. Still it does seem questionable that they could open that many in our state. Jay

Old 12-23-2015, 11:10 AM

21,764 posts, read 28,094,478 times
New drive-thru Panera Bread is almost done across from Whole Foods in Milford. It's part of a big new shopping center and the first to be completed.

SmashBurger opened near there too. It's pretty good.

Also Total Wines and More is being joined by what appears to be a MASSIVE new ShopRite.

Westfield Connecticut Post has been sold to a new company.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:45 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,491,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
If they closed the one Checkers we had, why would they make this announcement if they weren't serious. It would get them no where in the state and other states could care less. Still it does seem questionable that they could open that many in our state. Jay
I don't know. Of course they want to expand but they are hoping the current franchise owners will open more, the company itself isn't fronting the money.

It's just odd that they planned so many when they had 1 that failed and closed. Seems like a lot of competition around here.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:52 AM

627 posts, read 1,058,697 times
It's more puzzling that they opened a single location before. It's basically an unknown brand here, and one location doesn't justify advertising, and distributing to them is going to be a pain for the parent company.

My guess would be that they planned to open more back then, and the franchisee fell through or something.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:02 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post

Westfield Connecticut Post has been sold to a new company.

Any news on what their plans are for the property? Could use some upgrades, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut