Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2018, 05:55 AM

717 posts, read 452,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstodur View Post
Light mist for a very long time now. Was out cycling, these rainy conditions eat at the brake pads. So much residue on the rims at the end. Long clean up. Stretch noticed how GOES-16 low-level water vapor appears to be bone dry, similarly to radar.
Well that’s normal for October. Warm dry would be August/September, or Memorial Day to Labor Day weekend, which you already enjoyed over the last 3 months

Last edited by Siberiaboy; 10-09-2018 at 06:19 AM..

Old 10-09-2018, 06:21 AM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
Well that’s normal for October. Warm dry would be August/September, or Memorial Day to Labor Day weekend, which you already enjoyed over the last 3 months
It been almost daily rain storms since late June the months of March to early May was pretty bad too. We are getting light drizzle Tuesday, Tuesday like rainstorm on Thurday like 2 weeks ago, more rain next week.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:00 AM

717 posts, read 452,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
It been almost daily rain storms since late June the months of March to early May was pretty bad too. We are getting light drizzle Tuesday, Tuesday like rainstorm on Thurday like 2 weeks ago, more rain next week.
That’s not as unusual as I once thought though. If people were unhappy it wouldn’t be a seller’s market as who would be desperately buying at top dollar? Something is making it very expensive to live here and ironically the weather feed shows there’s non-weather reasons to be here.

Or perhaps the weather wasn’t so bad. We had some good timing with weekends being nicer than weekdays, a little moist perhaps. 9/15 was nice, 9/16 was nice, 9/22 was ok, last weekend September was good, last Friday was nice, 9/1 was nice, 9/8 was comfy but overcast, 8/25 was nice. I think though all the dates I didn’t put down though were not nice out. But weekend weather being generally superior to weekday weather has saved Connecticut’s tourist economy.

Last edited by Siberiaboy; 10-09-2018 at 07:14 AM..

Old 10-09-2018, 11:10 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
That’s not as unusual as I once thought though. If people were unhappy it wouldn’t be a seller’s market as who would be desperately buying at top dollar? Something is making it very expensive to live here and ironically the weather feed shows there’s non-weather reasons to be here.

Or perhaps the weather wasn’t so bad. We had some good timing with weekends being nicer than weekdays, a little moist perhaps. 9/15 was nice, 9/16 was nice, 9/22 was ok, last weekend September was good, last Friday was nice, 9/1 was nice, 9/8 was comfy but overcast, 8/25 was nice. I think though all the dates I didn’t put down though were not nice out. But weekend weather being generally superior to weekday weather has saved Connecticut’s tourist economy.
One could argue the weather here is better than down south. I personally would rather deal with a couple of months of snow than several months of oppressive heat and humidity. Of course that is just me. Jay

Old 10-09-2018, 11:26 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
One could argue the weather here is better than down south. I personally would rather deal with a couple of months of snow than several months of oppressive heat and humidity. Of course that is just me. Jay
A couple of months of snow should translate to 5 months of looking at sticks, darkness at the end of your work day, freezing temperatures, expensive heating bills, and ashy, dry skin. All that after 2 months of blowing leaves. Yuck.

I’ll take the weather in Southern California, thanks.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:52 AM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
We went south in late July and it was cooler and less humid than here. This summer has been brutal.

I'd rather deal with 2 months of higher heat and humidity and have a more mild winter. I've barely had my windows open this year between the long winter and humid summer. And it's STILL humid!!

Old 10-09-2018, 12:09 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
We went south in late July and it was cooler and less humid than here. This summer has been brutal.

I'd rather deal with 2 months of higher heat and humidity and have a more mild winter. I've barely had my windows open this year between the long winter and humid summer. And it's STILL humid!!

There was someone at the Party I went to over the weekend who came up from Florida for this party. We were talking about the weather and she expressed how miserable it is in Summer and that there is really only 2 months out of the year that is considered "a break". And that's if the pattern supports it. I was in Orlando Florida in December once and it was in the 80s and the sun was strong there.
You guys should check out the weather forum. There are members from Florida that are always complaining. They hate it.

Back in CT.... Enjoy the 70s this week, it all changes next week. Get those warm clothes ready

Old 10-09-2018, 12:20 PM

2:15pm Map.. Be lucky we're not in ......... Michigan? lol.

Thank God for 2 days of Clouds here. No complaints when there is a ridge over us. Give me those clouds! I'll take 70s. Which is very warm for this time of year though

That "T" is where Michael will be Friday morning as a Tropical Storm

Old 10-09-2018, 12:58 PM

712 posts, read 529,850 times
Glorious weather today! Just perfect.

Oh and Florida has more than a 2 month break from the heat. In jacksonville average highs are in the 60s during winter.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:02 PM

New Euro. Fall finally arriving!!

5000' Temp anomalies Friday to Friday. This Friday last day above normal then more below normal days than above after that. 2 shots next week? We'll see.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut