Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 07:37 PM

326 posts, read 719,056 times

Advertisements

How is Sunday morning/afternoon traffic on I95 going from White Plains NY to Mystic area during the summer? Do the beach areas on the way up cause I95 to clog up on Sunday? Does the traffic keep moving or are there pockets of standstill traffic?

What are best and worse times for travel on Sunday?

BTW, years ago I left White Plains on Friday at 12:00 p.m. for Foxwoods but I didn't arrive until 5:30 p.m, that's how bad I95 was back then, so I don't want to run into that same problem leaving on Sunday morning if the traffic is very heavy, I always remember that Friday nightmare trip to Foxwoods.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:45 PM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeena View Post
How is Sunday morning/afternoon traffic on I95 going from White Plains NY to Mystic area during the summer? Do the beach areas on the way up cause I95 to clog up on Sunday? Does the traffic keep moving or are there pockets of standstill traffic?

What are best and worse times for travel on Sunday?

BTW, years ago I left White Plains on Friday at 12:00 p.m. for Foxwoods but I didn't arrive until 5:30 p.m, that's how bad I95 was back then, so I don't want to run into that same problem leaving on Sunday morning if the traffic is very heavy, I always remember that Friday nightmare trip to Foxwoods.
Fine
No
Pockets from Greenwich to Milford
Morning best. Afternoon worst.
That was a Friday

Old 06-09-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Fine
No
Pockets from Greenwich to Milford
Morning best. Afternoon worst.
That was a Friday
Thanks so much, I am leaving tomorrow morning so I really appreciate your quick reply. Now I can sleep peacefully tonight and not worry about driving on I95 tomorrow morning!

Old 06-09-2018, 09:39 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,185,943 times
Hoping your asleep now, cause that drive home well....bring snacks

Old 06-09-2018, 10:09 PM

21,765 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Morning fine.

Coming back in evening can be rough.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:12 PM

Default Bye, Bye Mystic

My Sunday morning drive from White Plains to Mystic was clear sailing, planned to stay until this Friday, but my elderly Mom didn't feel well after enjoying the hotel breakfast this morning. We went to Urgent Care to see if we could get medical help for her, but we were told urgent care didn't treat her condition by a staff member and she would have to go to the ER off of Exit 88 on I95. Mom vomitted in the bathroom at Urgent Care, she received a barf bag by the staff, but nothing else; no offers of water or any inquiry about her condition, I had to tell them she felt better, a staff member said "good" and we left.

The hotel did not charge me for today because Mom was sick, even though we left after check-out time, (not being charged was the best part of the trip) nice hotel, very accommodating to their guests, I always stay there in the summer. I drove back to NY at 12:25 p.m., just in case Mom needed to see her doctor or Urgent Care in NY (after what we witnessed at Urgent Care in CT, I would not take her to an E.R. in CT., no way), I95 was clear sailing again, she was in much discomfort during the entire 2.5 hr ride, but felt better at home.

Yesterday we attended the Mystic Seaport Museum and a song fest event that featured sea-faring music performers and others, but the singer we listened to gave an anti-Trump speech before his performance, some people clapped in agreement, but most didn't, I thought it was so disgraceful to politicize such a wonderful event, so we walked out.

The last straw from my day and one half in Mystic was being price gouged for gasoline at $3.49 for regular! It's not that expensive on I95 in CT, or in Westchester County!

Bye, bye Mystic forever!

Old 06-11-2018, 05:00 PM

21,765 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeena View Post
My Sunday morning drive from White Plains to Mystic was clear sailing, planned to stay until this Friday, but my elderly Mom didn't feel well after enjoying the hotel breakfast this morning. We went to Urgent Care to see if we could get medical help for her, but we were told urgent care didn't treat her condition by a staff member and she would have to go to the ER off of Exit 88 on I95. Mom vomitted in the bathroom at Urgent Care, she received a barf bag by the staff, but nothing else; no offers of water or any inquiry about her condition, I had to tell them she felt better, a staff member said "good" and we left.

The hotel did not charge me for today because Mom was sick, even though we left after check-out time, (not being charged was the best part of the trip) nice hotel, very accommodating to their guests, I always stay there in the summer. I drove back to NY at 12:25 p.m., just in case Mom needed to see her doctor or Urgent Care in NY (after what we witnessed at Urgent Care in CT, I would not take her to an E.R. in CT., no way), I95 was clear sailing again, she was in much discomfort during the entire 2.5 hr ride, but felt better at home.

Yesterday we attended the Mystic Seaport Museum and a song fest event that featured sea-faring music performers and others, but the singer we listened to gave an anti-Trump speech before his performance, some people clapped in agreement, but most didn't, I thought it was so disgraceful to politicize such a wonderful event, so we walked out.

The last straw from my day and one half in Mystic was being price gouged for gasoline at $3.49 for regular! It's not that expensive on I95 in CT, or in Westchester County!

Bye, bye Mystic forever!
Wait, so you’ll never go back to Mystic again because the walk-in clinic wouldn’t treat food poisoning/acute stomach flu, an artist said something anti-Trump at a festival (not a terribly uncommon occurrence), and you paid 3.49 for gas? Alrighty.

Btw, Gas Buddy has stations there at $3.15-$3.33. Popular touristy areas tend to have expensive gas. It’s $2.90 in nearby Groton.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:46 PM

34,942 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Wait, so you’ll never go back to Mystic again because the walk-in clinic wouldn’t treat food poisoning/acute stomach flu, an artist said something anti-Trump at a festival (not a terribly uncommon occurrence), and you paid 3.49 for gas? Alrighty.

Btw, Gas Buddy has stations there at $3.15-$3.33. Popular touristy areas tend to have expensive gas. It’s $2.90 in nearby Groton.
I am guessing that they filled up right by I-95 where prices are the highest. This is a common practice even in Westchester. They are paying for the convenience.

Also I am not sure what the urgent care could have done for the mother. I don’t think any of those places could. I am sorry the OP had problems on their trip but what happened is certainly not horrible. For gods sake, the hotel comped them their room. They certainly had every right to charge them. Again not sure what the OP expects. Jay

Old 06-11-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post

Interestingly, my Mom suffered a similar episode on another trip to Mystic a few year ago, we were waiting for take-out in an Asian restaurant when my Mom was stricken and the waitress seeing my Mom in severe distress, told her to use the restroom, and went on to say she could rest at a table as long as she wanted, and she would serve her tea or water! Big difference in empathy from the Asians, Urgent Care in CT. could learn a lesson from them.

It's funny, Mom suffers very rarely from painful symptoms of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) at home, but was stricken twice at Mystic. I don't know if it's the hotel coffee or different foods she ate in Mystic like crabcakes, (I buy Poland springs water, don't use hotel water in room), and I buy foods we usually eat at home from the supermarket in Mystic so she doesn't eat different foods all the time we're away. Taking care of her is lots of stress for me, but she loves to go to Mohegan Sun, so it would hurt me emotionally to leave her home, and she wins on the dollar slots most of the time, lol!

By the time I got to the gas station, I was nervous about Mom's condition worsening, praying there was no back-up on I95 on the way back home, trying to decide what medication to give her, if any etc, so I just paid the high gasoline price, but normally I wouldn't, I would look around for cheaper prices, at home I gas up at Costco, a few days ago their price was $2.93.

I just didn't feel good about Mystic this time, it was disappointing.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:10 PM

Default First Class Treatment at Urgent Care, NY

Mom didn't feel good again this morning, so we went to Urgent Care in NY. What a difference from the lousy, unprofessional non-treatment we received in CT. After a short ten minute wait we were greeted by a sweet nurse who did her vitals, gathered information regarding her symptoms, and then a female doctor took the time to examine her and prescribed a medication to relieve her symptoms. Why do CT residents stand for sub-standard medical care? I might never leave NY again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut