Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2023, 03:32 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,150,399 times

Advertisements

How about this beautiful fall in New England!?!? Almost every day so far has been either summerlike or raining. Soon the days will feel winterlike. Fall weather is an illusion. It's maybe 10 days of sunny, crisp, 68 with a light breeze., it's not a season. But summer haters fall for it every year.

Old 10-08-2023, 05:41 AM

83,540 posts, read 75,390,209 times
Dewpoints in the 40s = very dry air for today, a refreshing change of air mass is complete.

Old 10-08-2023, 05:44 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,383,576 times
I love the summers, sand between my toes, shorts and sandles......yet, I love the Fall, the crisp cool air, sweatshirt or light jacket, a coffee next to the woodstove.....a man torn between two seasons

Old 10-08-2023, 07:14 PM

993 posts, read 327,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
How about this beautiful fall in New England!?!? Almost every day so far has been either summerlike or raining. Soon the days will feel winterlike. Fall weather is an illusion. It's maybe 10 days of sunny, crisp, 68 with a light breeze., it's not a season. But summer haters fall for it every year.
I agree about fall being mostly an illusion.

Maybe to the north of Connecticut/NYC, in places like Maine, VT, MI, the far north, etc, there is a actually 4 seasons and a long fall. However, here in CT, there really is only two seasons, Warm/hot/outside time of year from April through mid November, then a cool/cold/inside time of year from late November through March. Still, this has been a RECORD year for rain/rainy days. MOST of the time, we have plenty of sunny/crisp/ 55 - 60 F days. I have a feeling we are in for a cold, but dry winter.

Old 10-08-2023, 07:26 PM

This should be a nice week of mild weather, other than a slight chance of a shower on Tue night, we are in for sunshine, dry, and mid 60's F:

Attached Thumbnails
Connecticut Weather Discussion 3-tww.jpg  

Old 10-09-2023, 06:53 AM

11,305 posts, read 18,902,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonusa3 View Post
This should be a nice week of mild weather, other than a slight chance of a shower on Tue night, we are in for sunshine, dry, and mid 60's F:

Unfortunately looks like yet another rainy weekend, and this time both days

Old 10-09-2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Unfortunately looks like yet another rainy weekend, and this time both days
Yes, it looks that way. Tough that the showers/rain keeps coming on the weekend! On the other hand, we are in for a nice week of weather till then - sunny and mid 60's by day, upper 40's low 50's by night.

Old 10-09-2023, 11:44 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,150,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonusa3 View Post
I agree about fall being mostly an illusion.

Maybe to the north of Connecticut/NYC, in places like Maine, VT, MI, the far north, etc, there is a actually 4 seasons and a long fall. However, here in CT, there really is only two seasons, Warm/hot/outside time of year from April through mid November, then a cool/cold/inside time of year from late November through March. Still, this has been a RECORD year for rain/rainy days. MOST of the time, we have plenty of sunny/crisp/ 55 - 60 F days. I have a feeling we are in for a cold, but dry winter.
Agree although you're being more generous than me. I split the two seasons right in half. May through October are the warm and bright months. (Relatively speaking). November through April are the cold and dark months. We tell ourselves winter is just three months because the truth can be a little too unbearable.

Old 10-09-2023, 01:57 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,261,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
Agree although you're being more generous than me. I split the two seasons right in half. May through October are the warm and bright months. (Relatively speaking). November through April are the cold and dark months. We tell ourselves winter is just three months because the truth can be a little too unbearable.
Probably more like Mid-April to Mid October is decent weather.

But you are right about the light. And we do it ourselves to make it worse - with Daylight savings time. Right after Halloween we turn the clocks back an hour so it starts getting dark before 5pm. By December it will be dark at 4:30pm.

So some working people never have a chance to have any free time outside in the daylight. By the time they get home, its already dark. Very depressing time of the year, fortunately the holidays arrive in time to help break it up.

Old 10-09-2023, 03:05 PM

11,305 posts, read 18,902,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Probably more like Mid-April to Mid October is decent weather.

But you are right about the light. And we do it ourselves to make it worse - with Daylight savings time. Right after Halloween we turn the clocks back an hour so it starts getting dark before 5pm. By December it will be dark at 4:30pm.

So some working people never have a chance to have any free time outside in the daylight. By the time they get home, its already dark. Very depressing time of the year, fortunately the holidays arrive in time to help break it up.

Not sure if you mean you would want to extend DST all year, but if so, wait until you see how depressing 815am sunrises are with that.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut